Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,959,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
For goodness sakes, just read the article. She's not complaining about money. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

This was a news article authored by the Associated Press. Not Huffington Post. Huffington Post carried the story. See how that works?

I Googled the story. There were 9,830 returns. Name a newspaper, news station that you would put stock in. They will be carrying the exact same story.
Of course you will see it your way, but first off: the AP is about as liberal as the Huffinton Post, 2-the Huffinton Post chose to run the story, so far, no one else has or certainly not made it a number one story, I do admit, many will pick the story up, I am also aware most of the printed media is liberal or very liberal and 3-the administration and the feds will do anything to try and bring down FOX. Anyone, with a brain, regardless of your leanings can see that.

Are you aware of all the law suits the feds having going right now against anyone or anything that might be considered conservative or anti-Obama? What about the suit against AZ?

Oh, and can you explain why this is news now, when it happened 3 years ago and she is still on FOX?

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 10-01-2010 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. Even with the most popular Fox News programs (Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly), less than 1% of the U.S. population is watching. CBS, NBC, and ABC have MILLIONS more viewers.
I think you know very well what was meant by that statement: the majority of people who watch news types of programming depend on FOX.

Nita

Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,364,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
They will say this is the first step towards Communism.

conniption-- http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/w_a_m_p_i_r/Tantrum_Emoticon_by_aussie_gal.gif (broken link)

This is the first step towards Communism!"

Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,485,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course you will see it your way, but first off: the AP is about as liberal as the Huffinton Post, 2-the Huffinton Post chose to run the story, so far, no one else has or certainly not made it a number one story, I do admit, many will pick the story up, I am also aware most of the printed media is liberal or very liberal and 3-the administration and the feds will do anything to try and bring down FOX. Anyone, with a brain, regardless of your leanings can see that.

Are you aware of all the law suits the feds having going right now against anyone or anything that might be considered conservative or anti-Obama? What about the suit against AZ?

Nita
Nita! So anyone who disagrees with you is missing a brain??? oh my....

You are simply wrong, but choose to believe if you will that Huffington Post is the only media who have chosen to run this story. Don't equivocate by saying 'at least, not made it a number one story.' You know that news passes very quickly and whatever sells is what the number one story is.

HP is a blog, and yes they are liberal, but does that mean the story about FOX news is off-limits? So what, they posted the story. That was yesterday and today it's another story that's 'number one.' Literally. I just checked their site.

No, I am not aware that the Feds are suing every conservative they can find. And the AP is liberal? Would you be kind enough to explain that statement because I don't see the basis for your statement.

The lawsuit against AZ is a little cumbersome to discuss in single posts, and I believe there are several threads on that already.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,108 times
Liberal desperation.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:16 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,712,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I love this reply in the Comments...oh jeez, if Bush was using the Feds to go after MSNBC this web site would be going ballistic. Where did the 60's go? At least liberals had some cajones back then.

Now libs are all a bunch of sissies whining about salt, transfats and Fox.
there is no denying that those Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are good

Old 10-01-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Nita! So anyone who disagrees with you is missing a brain??? oh my....

You are simply wrong, but choose to believe if you will that Huffington Post is the only media who have chosen to run this story. Don't equivocate by saying 'at least, not made it a number one story.' You know that news passes very quickly and whatever sells is what the number one story is.

HP is a blog, and yes they are liberal, but does that mean the story about FOX news is off-limits? So what, they posted the story. That was yesterday and today it's another story that's 'number one.' Literally. I just checked their site.

No, I am not aware that the Feds are suing every conservative they can find. And the AP is liberal? Would you be kind enough to explain that statement because I don't see the basis for your statement.

The lawsuit against AZ is a little cumbersome to discuss in single posts, and I believe there are several threads on that already.
My comment about a brain had nothing to do with people disagreeing with me. We have many friends who certainly have great brains that lean a different direction than we do, my comment (which you are spinng so much you must be dizzy) has to do with the administration doing anything they can to bring down FOX news. Most people, who pay attention to what is happening right now, from our Presidents remarks down know this.

AP liberal: just read their reporting. I come from a family of reporters and PR people, I remember the days when this wasn't so true but it is today.

I don't need to have you tell me about the AZ law, I follow all news, here, radio, TV and print media. I gave that as an example of what is happening with the feds right now.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies