Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Congratulations of FOX news having the most blind faith, sheep-like audience. Certainly would be nice not ever having to think.
You're talking about the majority when you say that.....although a lot of people said the same thing about the majority that elected Obama too.

I'm independent and don't have cable or even a TV but, I do watch cable news at my parents house and when I have, I've watched FOX, CNN and MSNBC. I don't think what you're saying is any more true than what can be said for some of the MSNBC viewers. The one thing I do notice about MSNBC is that in an attempt to criticize FOX, they're always showing clips from them all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 01:14 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Watching MSNBC requires brain cells. That's too tough for most people. They'd rather down a few from the comfort of their armchair in the blue glow of Fox "news". And, yet ANOTHER thread based on inferior logic: the news with the most viewers is the one that's the most truthful. Please, stop!
Once again, more arrogant elitist comments on how over 50% of the residents of this country are inferior. I'd have to think that it isn't grabbing the most viewers which make opinions more truthful, but rather more sensible opinions that get the most viewers.

FOX rails against Republicans far more than CNN or MSNBC do against Liberals, if they ever do at all. The more people spit tripe like this out(about it being a left or right thing), the more normal, everyday, trying to "make ends meet" andsensible people are saying, Please stop!

So far most of us don't see anything progressive about the progressives. All they're doing is trying to send us down the same path that the USSR, Cuba and China went down. Anyone over 30 knows that this isn't a good thing. Youth breeds revolution, activism and utopianism... unfortunately for the youth it's still experience that breeds common sense. The next time someone says "it's only old people that watch FOX" you just know it's coming from a pliable like clay and probably young mind.

Maybe progression is a human thing, more than a left thing, in everything but the word.

Last edited by steven_h; 09-28-2010 at 01:25 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 09:03 AM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, it's much worse than just Fox is number #1. A vast majority of the public doesn't even know who these idiots are. The darlings of the Left are more than marginalized.

Maybe now the Left will realize just how much on the fringe they are.
Oh, so today is a "Fox News is biggest, so nyah!" day. Is there some sort of schedule for when you return to the old complaint about how the Main Stream Media has a left-wing bias, or have you mastered cognitive dissonance sufficiently that you can hold both viewpoints at the same time?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

Safe to say the only ones watching are the fringe far left.
And who's watching FOX but the fringe far right?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:20 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Correct me if I'm wrong but Foxnews has had the best ratings for a few years. Looking at the election results of the last few years, that does not mean people take them seriously.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Watching MSNBC requires brain cells. That's too tough for most people. They'd rather down a few from the comfort of their armchair in the blue glow of Fox "news". And, yet ANOTHER thread based on inferior logic: the news with the most viewers is the one that's the most truthful. Please, stop!
Oh, I see, only sophisticated intellectuals , which I'm certain include you, view the unbiased, thought provoking solons on MSNBC. We poor. unwashed peasants are left with Fox News; how sad. Did you forget to mention far -right racists???

Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Poll: Bill O'Reilly is popular, but Rachel Maddow is unknown to likely voters - Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com

Safe to say the only ones watching are the fringe far left.

OUCH!!!

Pretty clear which demographic watches these loons.
Where I live, MSNBC lives in the equivalent of the nosebleed seats - Channel 185 or 186 (can't remember which off the top of my head). I don't even surf that far up the channel dial.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Oh, it's much worse than just Fox is number #1. A vast majority of the public doesn't even know who these idiots are. The darlings of the Left are more than marginalized.

Maybe now the Left will realize just how much on the fringe they are.
I've come to the conclusion the majority of the America public is stupid as hell, which is one reason why this country is such a mess. The average American has a really poor understanding of economics, global affairs, history and finance. The average American is happy to have a warm place to sleep, be a slave to a paycheck, have a car in the garage, food on the table and 200 + channels of Hi-Def cable. People who watch the pure garbage put out by Fox News just reaffirm this.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Where I live, MSNBC lives in the equivalent of the nosebleed seats - Channel 185 or 186 (can't remember which off the top of my head). I don't even surf that far up the channel dial.
All the news channels high up there for my service.
For me they start at like
Cnn -200
MSNBC-203
Foxnews 218

Bunch of business and Cspan channels between.

High Def Versions start at like 400-500..

Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I've come to the conclusion the majority of the America public is stupid as hell, which is one reason why this country is such a mess. The average American has a really poor understanding of economics, global affairs, history and finance. The average American is happy to have a warm place to sleep, be a slave to a paycheck, have a car in the garage, food on the table and 200 + channels of Hi-Def cable. People who watch the pure garbage put out by Fox News just reaffirm this.
Yes, so true; if the ignorant , racist , homphobic, islamophobic, Toyota Priusphobic, globalwarmingphobic, BHussein Obamaphobic, etc. right wing Nazis would just listen to their enlightened, all knowing betters, the country would be in much better shape.
Thank you, O noble one, for your generous, intellectually stimulating insights. I just hope, as someone who occasionally watches Fox News ( quelle horreur!), I can comprehend your wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies