Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,794,668 times

Advertisements

These people are good because they are popular. Those people are bad because they are unpopular. What is this, the High School Forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 06:01 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,377,884 times
Well, I feel the left SHOULD be heard from.

Posted this before but it's eye opening.

Executive Summary

Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,208,485 times
"MSNBC: The Most "UN-TRUSTED" Name in News; Leftist Lineup Scrapes Bottom of the Barrel"
In general, TV news is the bottom of the barrel. Boring fluff, stupid reports, loads of commercials, and patty cake interviews.
TV news is devoid of journalism.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,016,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"MSNBC: The Most "UN-TRUSTED" Name in News; Leftist Lineup Scrapes Bottom of the Barrel"
In general, TV news is the bottom of the barrel. Boring fluff, stupid reports, loads of commercials, and patty cake interviews.
TV news is devoid of journalism.
Prime time is not straight news, it's commentary and opinion. Apparently, the public doesn't like the leftist slant MSNBC puts on their straight news AND the prime time opinion shows as well.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:40 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,029,061 times
CNN is in my opinion the most moderate. At least they try to be. I never been a huge fan of MSNBC.
Foxnews was basically blocked from my workplace (Well very few TV's are tuned into fox) after Jon Stewart caught them using tapes to make Tea parties rallies seem bigger then what they really were. I believe Steward Caught Foxnews doing that twice. Fox became a joke afterwards in my opinion.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 PM

3,339 posts, read 1,972,257 times
Default the people's chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Congratulations of FOX news having the most blind faith, sheep-like audience. Certainly would be nice not ever having to think.
or not ever having to think like you.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,834,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
CNN is in my opinion the most moderate. At least they try to be. I never been a huge fan of MSNBC.
Foxnews was basically blocked from my workplace (Well very few TV's are tuned into fox) after Jon Stewart caught them using tapes to make Tea parties rallies seem bigger then what they really were. I believe Steward Caught Foxnews doing that twice. Fox became a joke afterwards in my opinion.
Fox is a joke. Stewart also called them out on the number 2 owner of fox news, Saudi muslim Al-Waleed bin Talal, who also donated $300,000 to the ground zero mosque.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:07 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,963,531 times
FNC's average viewer age is 67 (!), and older people are more likely to vote, meaning that it's a straw man argument.

Neither FNC or MSNBC care about Q ratings - they care about eyeballs watching their programming and their commercials. Fox does have twice the ratings of MSNBC, but MSNBC is coming from a position of being a complete afterthought 3 years ago with just a handful of primetime programming to a full schedule this year in a number 2 position above CNN and Headline. Given that NBC already has the news infrastructure, all they really needed was the talent - so yes, MSNBC is making lots of money for NBC Universal, just like FNC is doing for NewsCorp.

Quote:
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com.../09/maddow.jpg

Does maddow intentionally try to look like dobie?
Picking on people's looks is perhaps the greatest form of the argument that exists. I think that it was Plato who advocated it.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:34 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,145,903 times
Watching MSNBC requires brain cells. That's too tough for most people. They'd rather down a few from the comfort of their armchair in the blue glow of Fox "news". And, yet ANOTHER thread based on inferior logic: the news with the most viewers is the one that's the most truthful. Please, stop!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,369,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
And, yet ANOTHER thread based on inferior logic: the news with the most viewers is the one that's the most truthful. Please, stop!
Indeed. That's almost as fatuous as claiming that the presidential candidate who received the most votes in 2008 is the most competent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies