Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,175,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
There we go trying to surgically remove a person's spirit again.
What the HELL does that have to do with what I posted?

Religion should stay out of government, and vice versa.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,405,216 times
I'm atheist, but I don't hate Christians

Old 03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,673,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well please school me oh wise one, with your insight from the Lord, what did the "careful what you wish for" comment mean? I'm just a helpless atheist after all.
What, no one ever taught you that when you look at something in an ill begotten manner, some times that same manner can be delivered back to you.

I thought that was common sense and common knowledge.. Guess not.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
I'm atheist, but I don't hate Christians
And that is what love is all about and it's beautiful.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,010,084 times
Quote:
Funny, so am I. However, it seems the atheist is the one on the biggest soap box. They go on and on and on, people hear their beliefs, and its like give it a rest already will ya?
Yeah I hate when I see atheists protesting soldiers funerals, masturbating in public parks, atheist Presidents using his lack of religious beliefs as a rationale for war, etc. I mean a tiny 10% majority can really bully an innocent helpless 90% majority.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yeah I hate when I see atheists protesting soldiers funerals, masturbating in public parks, atheist Presidents using his lack of religious beliefs as a rationale for war, etc. I mean a tiny 10% majority can really bully an innocent helpless 90% majority.
And the Lord will know them by their actions. And if people were smart, they would know them too.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,965,261 times
Quote:
What, no one ever taught you that when you look at something in an ill begotten manner, some times that same manner can be delivered back to you.

I thought that was common sense and common knowledge.. Guess not.
Looking at your post, it is easy to conclude that common sense is not so common. Look closely at what you just wrote, and try to apply it to self and see where you stand. You would technically be speaking to self.

James Madison had a quote along the line you just preached...

"The free men of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. They saw all the consequences in the principle, and they avoided the consequences by denying the principle. We revere this lesson too much soon to forget it. Who does not see that the same authority which can establish Christianity, in exclusion of all other Religions, may establish with the same ease any particular sect of Christians, in exclusion of all other Sects? that the same authority which can force a citizen to contribute three pence only of his property for the support of any one establishment, may force him to conform to any other establishment in all cases whatsoever?"

Think about it.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
And the Lord will know them by their actions. And if people were smart, they would know them too.
Oh yeah that's comforting. They can run this world over a cliff but the "Lord knows them" oh gee what a plan!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
And that is what love is all about and it's beautiful.
Yeah you're post above this one, you know the one dripping in condescending sarcasm certainly shows that Christian love.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
What the HELL does that have to do with what I posted?

Religion should stay out of government, and vice versa.
The will of the person who is enacting government laws, it spiritually led to do so. (can't surgically be removed)
Our government was set up so as to allow the people to self-govern themselves.
The will of the people over the will of the organized government so as to keep, all, honest.
It isn't perfect, but hell, neither are the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies