Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times

Advertisements

Alright, I said Right wingers could have said any one on the right. I am talking economics here, don't care about bigots, evangelicals, trophy wives etc.......... So here's the deal, you are for big Government, you think the government should be providing bailouts for big banks, big oil, while eliminating health care, Social Security, Medicare, education, unemployment benefits, all the goodies, on and on and on, we all know the gig. So the question is and it is a serious question, I expect civil responses.........what is the end game where does it end? We know that you are very willing and eager to increase spending to the "Bailouts", you think the "wealthy" are keeping next to nothing of their own money and Corporations are obligated to pay back the "gifts" the government much more than they were . So, when you have brought the average american down to losing their homes, not having a job, and bringing turmoil to their families. Over spent billions on the military and lost unimaginable numbers of our heros in uniform to a war that should never been in iraq to an acceptable level and levied the maximum against the corporations,then what? Is there a point where you say all is good? Where do you go next? Do you lower the definition of working? In your minds what does the perfect scenario look like? Is there a point where you think Government would be to big? Where and how does it end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Alright, I said Right wingers could have said any one on the right. I am talking economics here, don't care about bigots, evangelicals, trophy wives etc.......... So here's the deal, you are for big Government, you think the government should be providing bailouts for big banks, big oil, while eliminating health care, Social Security, Medicare, education, unemployment benefits, all the goodies, on and on and on, we all know the gig. So the question is and it is a serious question, I expect civil responses.........what is the end game where does it end? We know that you are very willing and eager to increase spending to the "Bailouts", you think the "wealthy" are keeping next to nothing of their own money and Corporations are obligated to pay back the "gifts" the government much more than they were . So, when you have brought the average american down to losing their homes, not having a job, and bringing turmoil to their families. Over spent billions on the military and lost unimaginable numbers of our heros in uniform to a war that should never been in iraq to an acceptable level and levied the maximum against the corporations,then what? Is there a point where you say all is good? Where do you go next? Do you lower the definition of working? In your minds what does the perfect scenario look like? Is there a point where you think Government would be to big? Where and how does it end?
What the OP has attributed to the Right Wing appears to be exactly what the LEFT has been doing. Projection perhaps?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
What the OP has attributed to the Right Wing appears to be exactly what the LEFT has been doing. Projection perhaps?

Amen to that Projections would be nice......

Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,564 times
I agree that is what the left wingers do, not the right. The right wants a smaller government and less involvement. Let people be accountable for their own decisions, if they got themselves into trouble let them find a way to deal with the consequences.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,779,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I'm going to take a guess here. Once the gap between haves and have nots is so huge, the benevolent overlord corporation will lower everyones wages to a level they feel comfortable paying in a bastardized version of capitalism. This way 'government IS the problem' will no longer be a problem because they will have completely abdicated any and all authority. Most children won't get a job requiring higher levels of education so we'll save big by eliminating them completely.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,779,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I agree that is what the left wingers do, not the right. The right wants a smaller government and less involvement. Let people be accountable for their own decisions, if they got themselves into trouble let them find a way to deal with the consequences.
United States Department of Homeland Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Letting people be accountable for their own decisions doesn't mean the same thing when a republican think tank authors catastrophic policy/ legislation?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obvious the op has blinders on, or doesn't know economics, or both. The difference between the parties is not handouts with money stolen from citizens, it is which of their buddies get the handouts.

Obama said this but it can be attributed to the previous Presidents too imo, "It's our turn, we won". Too bad the majority of the public looses.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:39 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
You're right about the right wanting smaller government and less involvement, but not entirely for the reasons you elude to. There are some Democratic corporate shills, but not nearly as many on the right whose quasi-governcorporation ideology reeks like that of a hog farm.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 AM

325 posts, read 235,672 times
Do you mean end game or final solution? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
I am a Conservative, Constitutionalist if you will. The left has always been about more government, more laws, etc. Now in the last 15 or so years there have been plenty of rhino's who claim to be on the right, but they also have wanted more government regulations, dept.'s, etc. My opinion is we need to eliminate 50% of the government agencies we have started since 1964. That would be a good start. In another year, eliminate the other 50% with the ONLY exception would be the SBA. And revamp it so it actually works.
As for the bailouts, for the banks, it was a scam, pure and simple. I keep hearing the left "claim" the right wants bailouts for big oil, but show the proof. Made up bs from what I've seen, and frankly, they do not need any bailouts. The only companies I see that needed a hand up, not a hand out as has been done, should have been the car companies only because of the severe restrictions needlessly put on them by the government.

Now it's clear the OP isn't much on what the government is supposed to be spending money on; THE MILITARY! Thats right, the number 1 responsibility
of government spending is supposed to be on the Military. Not the way it is today, but according to the Constitution, and guidelines set in it of the governments role, it is supposed to be the main expense. That has nothing to do with the 2 wars we in, that is actually 1 war. Don't confuse those.

As for the "wealthy" thing, it's class warfare nonsense, and if you want that, go to india. They have a subhuman thing called the cast system, and those complaining about how much someone else has must be jealous.
Look, I'm not wealthy by any means, in fact I feel I am under paid in my profession. But I never begrudge anyone else's money success because I have yet to meet a poor man that created thousands of jobs for people to make a living. Met alot of poor people needing the wealthy to help them out tho!!!
1 last thing, the economy was doing fair before the left took over Congress in 2006. Not great, but hell of alot better than the rest of the worlds economy. Remember the promises of the nutjob left? "Let us take over Congress and we'll improve everyone's standard of living". So far all the left has done is ruin the economy, cost tens of thousands of families homes to be lost, and when in the hell is the pos in the whitehouse going to accept responsibility for stinking up the place? Seriously, it's been 18 months and he's still blaming bush, but after only 3 months in 2001 the left was telling bush it's on you clinton is out. Sounds to me like alot of double standard!!! Of course blaming bush is easier than admitting the left controlled congress is at fault since 2006 elections!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies