Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,281,440 times

Advertisements

I'd like for the following:

1. A return to personal responsibility. No, I don't care you have children and cannot afford childcare or the healthcare costs surrounding said children. I also don't want to pay for your brats education. You had them, you pay for them. And no, I could care the hell less you got divorced, blah, blah, blah. They are still your responsibility.

2. I'll pay my taxes, for a strong military, roads/dams and other infrastructure. I have no problem with that. I don't, however want my money forced from me, by some long haired hippy freak, who knows more then I do, what to do with my money. If i want to donate to Victim's of Violent Crimes or whatever, I'll donate. Don't force me, by raising my taxes.

3. I want the government to stay out of my personal business. Who I go out with, have sex with, and marry, is MY business. Not yours and especially not the governments. Furthermore, if I wish to worship Jesus Christ, Budda, Mohammad, or the damn Tiki Gods; that is my business and not the governments.

4. I've never been convicted of a crime, therefore, I should be able to own any damn gun i want (I can, however, I am being general for others).

5. I want our borders, both north and south, mined. I don't want any Canucks sneaking into this country, the same as I don't want any Hispanics.

6. I want abortion legal: period. In fact, I'd even pay more money in taxes for federally subsidized abortions. Fact is, we don't do enough of them.

7. I don't care there was an: Earthquake, tornado, hurricane, typhoon, et al. Again, that is YOUR problem; not mine. I live in Earthquake Country. I've planned for it and prepared for it. If you live someplace where there are natural disasters, you prepare for it too. I shouldn't have to pay more money, because you are an idiot.

8. Welfare should be a temporary stop gap measure. Not a way of life (which, for many, it is). This holds true for Unemployment too.

9. The government should be able to PAY for ANY program, with proven funds, not a credit card debt, BEFORE the program/bill, etc is passed. Don't have the money? You don't get it.

Well, that is good for starters. Get me to that end game, I'd be quite happy. But liberals won't allow it occur. You want, want, and want more; always with someone elses money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,885,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I don't agree. Gullibility is not stupidity, it is naivety.
Oh no! Naivety implies that the gullible learn and are henceforth, no longer gullible... every gullible person I met has continued to be gullible their entire lives... that's just plain stupid... you can't cure stupid...

Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM

608 posts, read 1,347,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'd like for the following:

1. A return to personal responsibility. No, I don't care you have children and cannot afford childcare or the healthcare costs surrounding said children. I also don't want to pay for your brats education. You had them, you pay for them. And no, I could care the hell less you got divorced, blah, blah, blah. They are still your responsibility.

2. I'll pay my taxes, for a strong military, roads/dams and other infrastructure. I have no problem with that. I don't, however want my money forced from me, by some long haired hippy freak, who knows more then I do, what to do with my money. If i want to donate to Victim's of Violent Crimes or whatever, I'll donate. Don't force me, by raising my taxes.

3. I want the government to stay out of my personal business. Who I go out with, have sex with, and marry, is MY business. Not yours and especially not the governments. Furthermore, if I wish to worship Jesus Christ, Budda, Mohammad, or the damn Tiki Gods; that is my business and not the governments.

4. I've never been convicted of a crime, therefore, I should be able to own any damn gun i want (I can, however, I am being general for others).

5. I want our borders, both north and south, mined. I don't want any Canucks sneaking into this country, the same as I don't want any Hispanics.

6. I want abortion legal: period. In fact, I'd even pay more money in taxes for federally subsidized abortions. Fact is, we don't do enough of them.

7. I don't care there was an: Earthquake, tornado, hurricane, typhoon, et al. Again, that is YOUR problem; not mine. I live in Earthquake Country. I've planned for it and prepared for it. If you live someplace where there are natural disasters, you prepare for it too. I shouldn't have to pay more money, because you are an idiot.

8. Welfare should be a temporary stop gap measure. Not a way of life (which, for many, it is). This holds true for Unemployment too.

9. The government should be able to PAY for ANY program, with proven funds, not a credit card debt, BEFORE the program/bill, etc is passed. Don't have the money? You don't get it.

Well, that is good for starters. Get me to that end game, I'd be quite happy. But liberals won't allow it occur. You want, want, and want more; always with someone elses money.
1. You don't want to pay for a brat's education? Someone had to pay for yours...and obviously they didn't get their money's worth.

2. Hippy freak? What century you living in? When was your taxes last raised? Please what was your tax rate under the past few presidents. State some number, a fact, please.

3. Your right, If my gay friends want to marry, that's their business and not yours. Just keep your damn bible out of my face, I don't want to read that crap when I go to court.

4. Who is telling you that you can't own a gun. Gun limitation laws are set down by the states and local municipalities, NOT the feds.

5. Agreed, I vote you go mine them.

6. Wow..I agree, and so I believe would have your parents, could they had afforded it.

7. Agreed. I hope you the earth swallows you up so I don't have to pay for you.

8. Less people are now on welfare than under Reagan. As for unemployment, do people forget that WORKERS PAY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT, it is NOT a hand out. You PAY FOR IT as an insurance policy. SO if you never worked, you wont get unemployment. Are you THAT STUPID?

9. Tell that to Bush.

Fact.

In 2000 Clinton left the WH with a budget surplus.

In 2008 Bush left the WH and turned that surplus into the WORST deficit ever.

Questions:1. Where did the money go?
2. How does the fiscally "responsible" Republican party allow that to happen?
3. Why haven't people learned from history?
4. How did Bush SPEND EVERY FREAKIN DIME THE US HAD, THEN TAKE OUT TRILLIONS OF LOANS TO SPEND EVEN MORE?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,550,694 times
LOL......To the posters answering this thread..... IMHO........Don't you see THIS IS A PARODY of the "Liberals What's Your Endgame" thread.....ROFLMFAO! ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies