Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,691,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Hannity panders to the bible-thumping, gun-toting, anti-intellectual, paranoid, patriotic white guys who who slobber their Bud Lights with tears because their country has been taken away from them.
How come Ted Nugent and Anita Bryant aren't on the program?
Do you need a referral?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 03:02 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,732,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Thank you! You have proven my point precicely! NPR and CNN are left but you don't consider them left.

CNN and NPR are every bit as left-leaning as FOX is right. But you don't recogize it as such. Before FOX all media was left so you perceive it as non-biased.
I will recognize that a website like Huffingtonpost.com is a left wing website because they only post stories that favor one point-of-view. I don't consider CNN or NPR to be left wing because they quite often show other points of view. Now explain to me, why do you consider them to be left wing? What are you using to gage them?

Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 AM

14,571 posts, read 23,114,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
All I'm saying...is why not bring in groups that appeal to a slightly broader base...
That would be the smart thing to do, but Fox News is pandering to the right wing lunatics instead.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,252,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
LOOK...NEEEEGRO! If you could check your reading comprehension for one minute, you would understand my point!! I DIDN'T SAY THAT GUYS IN THE MILITARY DON'T LIKE HIP HOP!!

I SAID THAT BY AND LARGE, YOU DON'T FIND HIP HOP ARTISTS SUPPORTING THEM THE TROOPS)!!! GANSTA RAPPERS ARE TO BUSY SHOUTIN' "F" THE POLICE ....THE MILITARY OR ANY AUTHORITY!

Most Black folks are trained from birth to vote Democrat, be suspcious of white folk, fear the police because they are evil and don't go in the military unless you have to! Are there exceptions??? Yes.

Whites view their country a little differently given our history. They were never slaves. So they are more patriotic in most cases. Sure they vary in world-view and much more so. And most country and Rock music artists are white! Most....not all. Those southern roots are pro-military....pro-defense in many cases. I would be surprised if Hannity hasn't reached out to some black artists and got turn down because of politics.
It's not that whites are more patriotic, it's just that blacks tend to hold their country to a higher standard. Of course, as has always been the case, whenever it came to defending her interests, blacks were always ready for the call, even during periods where their own social interests took a back seat. Quite frankly, given the rich history of black service to this country in spite of her less than stellar track record with those who served, I find myself appalled at the very suggestion that black people are somehow inculcated with a cultural aversion to patriotism.

Black veterans fought bigotry and the enemy during World War II: Black History Month | cleveland.com

Blacks in the Military; Infoplease.com

Quote:
African Americans by the Numbers; Infoplease.com

Serving Our Nation
2.3 million
Number of single-race black military veterans in the United States in 2008. More military veterans are black than any other minority group.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:32 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,252,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Since you claim to be black... Negro Puleeeze!

You think that 18 to 25 year olds in the military have some sort of immunity to hip-hop?

With a 10 sec Google, I found the following

Military.com Hip-Hop 101 submitted by "AR-15"

1) All Eyez on Me - 2Pac
2) Juicy - Notorious B.I.G.
3) The Way I Am - Eminem
4) It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube
5) Powers That Be - Hieroglyphics
6) B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad) - Outkast
7) Travellin' Man - DJ Honda ft. Mos Def
8) How I Could Just Kill A Man - Cypress Hill
9) My Mind Playin Tricks on Me - Geto Boys
10) Tha Crossroads - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
11) Let Me Fly - DMX
12) Fight For Your Right - Beastie Boys
13) Through the Wire - Kanye West
14) Lose Yourself - Eminem
15) Only Live Once - Lost Boyz
16) One Day - UGK
17) Life's a B**ch - Nappy Roots
18) Trading War Stories - 2Pac
19) 1st of tha Month - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
20) Gettin' It - Too $hort

Hip-Hop 101 - Military Fitness - Military.com

NAUGHTY BY NATURE RETURNS TO PERSIAN GULF ON USO TOUR

Hip Hop Press: NAUGHTY BY NATURE RETURNS TO PERSIAN GULF ON USO TOUR (http://www.hiphoppress.com/2010/05/naughty-by-nature-returns-to-persian-gulf-on-uso-tour.html - broken link)

Paul Wall To Head To The Middle East For USO Tour

Paul Wall To Head To The Middle East For USO Tour « Hip-Hop Wired

Platinum-Selling Rap Group Nappy Roots to Bring Hip-Hop to Servicemen and Women in Italy on USO Tour

Platinum-Selling Rap Group Nappy Roots to Bring Hip-Hop to Servicemen and Women in Italy on USO Tour (http://www.causecast.org/news_items/7560-platinum-selling-rap-group-nappy-roots-to-bring-hip-hop-to-servicemen-and-women-in-italy-on-uso-tour - broken link)

New VH1 Offerings to Include VH1 Hip Hop Honors: The Dirty South, Diary of a Hip Hop Girlfriend and Rock Doc: 50's Roots

Hip Hop Press: New VH1 Offerings to Include VH1 Hip Hop Honors: The Dirty South, Diary of a Hip Hop Girlfriend and Rock Doc: 50's Roots (http://www.hiphoppress.com/2010/04/new-vh1-offerings-to-include-vh1-hip-hop-honors-the-dirty-south-diary-of-a-hip-hop-girlfriend-and-ro.html - broken link)

DMX Brings Hip Hop Show On USO Tour

Rap News Network - Hip-Hop News: DMX Brings Hip Hop Show On USO Tour

R&B Vocalist Rome Embarks on USO Pacific Tour.

R&B Vocalist Rome Embarks on USO Pacific Tour. - PR Newswire | Encyclopedia.com

Rapper David Banner To Entertain Troops In Persian Gulf

AllHipHop.com Daily News - : Rapper David Banner To Entertain Troops In Persian Gulf

The USO Schedule for 2008

Nappy Roots, Boyz II Men, Baby Bash, Tichina Arnold,

My Man, what's with black conservatives... are you folks just that out of touch? Too many martini's and cigars at the country club? What's the deal?
Naaaah, couldn't be the music enjoyed by "Real Americans"â„¢. Too urban, too eclectic, too grimy, too riotous.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,521,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I will recognize that a website like Huffingtonpost.com is a left wing website because they only post stories that favor one point-of-view. I don't consider CNN or NPR to be left wing because they quite often show other points of view. Now explain to me, why do you consider them to be left wing? What are you using to gage them?
As someone who doesn't always do 'due diligence'--NPR/PBS--left wing?

CNN--Ted Turner/Jane Fonda--and assorted other reasons--left wing?

I listen to a variety.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 PM

34 posts, read 84,627 times
I posted the IRS Form 990s for Hannity's "charity" and the hard numbers, and still you retards are here arguing instead of looking at the facts.

This is why the rest of us get demoralized -- so many people choose to remain ignorant.

In the meantiome, while you retards continue to argue, Sean Hannity is doling out $200 to soldiers who lost limbs, while spending millions from his "charity" on promoting himself and flying his family and friends around in private jets. If you claim to be a conservative and you support this man, you are a revolting hypocrite.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,035,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Surely you have news links to these accusations???

that is great fodder for MSNBC. And I've never seen it on there.

Hannity's Charity Under Fire:
Hannity's Charity Under Fire | Mother Jones

Old 07-24-2010, 03:33 PM

34 posts, read 84,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Hannity's Charity Under Fire:
Hannity's Charity Under Fire | Mother Jones
I linked directly to the IRS form 990s.

While the ignorant retards who enjoy calling Sean Hannity's show and engaging in "You're a Great American!" circle jerks will immediately try to discredit Mother Jones or any other publication that notes his charity is dishonest, it is impossible to argue with IRS Form 990s.

For those unfamiliar with how charitable accountability works, non-profits are required to file form 990s with the IRS to maintain their non-profit status.

That means, according to the documents Hannity's charity filed with the IRS, less than eight percent of all "Freedom Alliance" revenue for the past three years has gone to wounded soldiers or scholarships for the children of deceased soldiers.

Only the absolutely ignorant will try to argue with that. After all, those financial statements are filed by Hannity's own minions -- and only because they are required to do it if they want to keep their cash cow as a "non-profit."

Old 07-24-2010, 03:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,035,676 times
Here's another link CREW FILES COMPLAINTS WITH FTC AND IRS AGAINST SEAN HANNITY, HIS FREEDOM CONCERTS AND THE FREEDOM ALLIANCE | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies