Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I've been curious a long time, so I'll just throw the question up here:

Why don't black people like Country-Western music?

Is it because they don't have emotions?
That question is so far out there...I don't really know how to answer it...

It's like a set up answer...in your mind...your already convinced how people are...

I can't change that...

It's like your deliberatly playing 'dumb'...to make a point...

All I can say is give people on city data more credit than that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,578,250 times
Freedom concerts have nothing to do with the Republican party. They are for charity work. Inwhich the proceeds go to children of military members who's parent has been killed on active duty. As far as the musical acts I am not sure how much money they actually recieve.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Lynyrd Skynyrd had some decent stuff in their heyday...but almost all of the original members are dead. Charlie Daniels is simply a hillbilly buffoon, a sideshow attraction. Alice Cooper is a Republican, if they recruited him the concerts might attract some interest.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Jimmy Buffett but I don't think he likes to get politically involved. He is recycling oil from his restaurants for fuel, IIRC. Quietly doing his bit and keeping his cool while 'the world goes down the rabbit hole' again.
Wrong, Jimmy Buffett was and remains an outspoken liberal.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Freedom concerts have nothing to do with the Republican party. They are for charity work. Inwhich the proceeds go to children of military members who's parent has been killed on active duty. As far as the musical acts I am not sure how much money they actually recieve.
Thanks for clarifying for those who want to turn everything into an us vs them scenario!

Anyone who has a problem with a concert for charity has bigger issues going on.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post

My point being...at all his freedom concerts...it's country music and nothing else......
Have you never been to or heard of any other benefit concerts that exclude country music?

If these concerts are always sold out why change the formula? The purpose is to raise money for "the education of children of U.S. service members who have been killed or 100% permanently disabled in an operational mission or training accident." If you don't like the music, just donate money.

https://freedomconcerts.com/

Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Wrong, Jimmy Buffett was and remains an outspoken liberal.

OK---then Jimmy Buffett is a liberal that seems to 'get along' with those of opposing beliefs, a goal that I hope more share. I know his hotels/restaurants are 'financial ventures' but having grown up in, IIRC, Mobile, AL he has an appreciation/understanding of life in the Panhandle. LA/Conservative, AL/Conservative and yet in that particular region liberal/conservative seem to blend well enough. And after this week's events that may well be a very 'half-baked' observation.

Accountability--lol--Margaritaville--'some say there's a woman to blame--but it could be my own #@ fault'. Conservative--lol.

He is a businessman--beyond that --I throw my hands in the air when political beliefs must be analyzed. A grueling night of listening to CNN/Fox News. Apologies are a good start--then let's just not do things that make apologies necessary.

I like music-- a lot of music.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Thanks for clarifying for those who want to turn everything into an us vs them scenario!

Anyone who has a problem with a concert for charity has bigger issues going on.
I support the intent of the Freedom Concerts and also support concerts addressing other needs. What that makes me I can't say. Hopefully, human.

According to a local Libertarian talk show host I am a blight on humanity because I cannot truly and fully grasp the scope of the issues. I struggle along.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Dixie Chicks!!!! Will they be playing????

Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I've been curious a long time, so I'll just throw the question up here:

Why don't black people like Country-Western music?

Is it because they don't have emotions?
Darius Rucker?

YouTube - Darius Rucker - Alright

Charlie Pride?????

c'mon man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies