Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
This seems to be simply rating his personality. I don't care about any of those criteria. I only care about the results a president brings to America. He could swear every other word and insult me at every turn, but if he brings progress to the country he is a good president in my mind.

Obama is a poor president because of the actions he has undertaken. His communication ability is immaterial in my mind.
Hitler had better communication skills, but maybe that's because he wasn't lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:16 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Appointing to female minority Justices, passing major legislation against all odds is a conservative set up and everyone knows they always give the Nobel to black guys who keep their hair cut and don't say ax.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
I don't need these "scholars" to tell me how to think, thank you very much. I'm a grown adult who is perfectly capable of making up my own mind. I'd invite my fellow citizens to do the same.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
According to presidential scholars, Obama is currently the 15th best President (somewhat surprisingly ahead of Reagan). See the article on politico.com from July 1, 2010:

Professors rank President Obama 15th best president - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

What do you think? I'm not sure that I would rate him as high as 15th given that he's been the President for something like six quarters. And while I am fascinated with the subject of presidential rankings, I am definitely not a presidential scholar. For the most part, I do tend to agree on the rankings of his traits:

Imagination (6th)
Communication ability (7th)
Intelligence (8th)
Background (32nd)
What a joke. He is the most incompetent president in US history.

Take a look out the window.
1. record debt
2. record deficits
3. second highest (actual) unemployment in US history
4. lack of enforcement of immigration laws
5. corruption with senate elections
6. failure to prosecute the Black Panthers

Bush was ALOT better than Obama, and these same clowns give him a dismal ranking. Perhaps these rankings mean nothing and the real "ranking" should be voter perception and the economic health of the nation, which is currently terrible.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:51 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I wonder where Bush ranked.
George W. ranked 39th if go by Siena's ratings. Wikipedia has a nice compilation of rankings:

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
The ONLY way Obama could have ever been the 15th best president was if he had died dancing at the Inaugural Ball.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:59 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
It sounds like these scholars have spent too much time drinking the lefty kool aid.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
According to presidential scholars, Obama is currently the 15th best President (somewhat surprisingly ahead of Reagan). See the article on politico.com from July 1, 2010:

Professors rank President Obama 15th best president - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

What do you think? I'm not sure that I would rate him as high as 15th given that he's been the President for something like six quarters. And while I am fascinated with the subject of presidential rankings, I am definitely not a presidential scholar. For the most part, I do tend to agree on the rankings of his traits:

Imagination (6th)
Intelligence (8th)
Background (32nd)
What they don't tell you is there were 27 ties.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Quote:

Imagination (6th)
Intelligence (8th)
Background (32nd)
Obviously, "Presidential Scholars" are super-liberal, Ivory Tower types that haven't looked at what his Administration has done to this Country (by making a bad situation infinitely worse). Thomas Jefferson and George Washington are among the top 5 and this guy is rated high? He is the ANTITHESIS of the ideals of our Founding Fathers. This is so ridiculous I shouldn't give it the legitimacy of a comment, but I had to burst out laughing that they gave him an 8th ranking in intelligence!

BHO has made sure that absolutely no quantitative evaluation of his intelligence (school records, test results, IQ results) has ever been released. It is all top secret. What was his GPA from Columbia? No Magna *** Laude there: not so much credit for being of the preferred Liberal background. And as anyone who goes to Grad School (or Harvard) knows, IQ is not the big requirement: if the professors like you, you get an "A." Extra points being of the preferred Liberal background.

He went straight from Liberal college to super-Liberal Law School, to being an "Associate Attorney," "Community Organizer," Lecturer, then right into politics. Yes, plenty of business experience there. Plenty of time working "real" jobs and "paying your dues" doing grunt work.

As for his being President of The Harvard Law Review, this is more a sign of the political times than anything else.

You can always find a bunch of liberals who will give a super-liberal President high scores, no matter how America continues to collapse under his policies. And they all think he must be smart, since there's no evidence to the contrary (it's been suppressed). After listening to him, he's about as smart as Ronald Reagan, who at least had smart people pulling his puppet-strings.

As another poster noted, if he could get the Nobel Peace Prize after starting a new war to add to the old one that he got elected by criticizing, there's no limit to the irony.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Default Moderators Take Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
No Magna *** Laude there:
Had to laugh (again) that "Magna *** Laude" (latin for "with great honor") in my post was censored and replaced with stars for the middle word. I guess we'll need to censor all the college degrees with honors, since that's how it's printed on the diplomas.

Or stop using latin: too much for the average moderator/censor on a web site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies