Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:56 PM

27,560 posts, read 15,623,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Yes he is the best and he did not win the Nobel Peace Prize for being elected POTUS. It was for much much more.

And that being........?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,271,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
According to presidential scholars, Obama is currently the 15th best President (somewhat surprisingly ahead of Reagan).
Spoiler
See the article on politico.com from July 1, 2010:

Professors rank President Obama 15th best president - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

What do you think? I'm not sure that I would rate him as high as 15th given that he's been the President for something like six quarters. And while I am fascinated with the subject of presidential rankings, I am definitely not a presidential scholar. For the most part, I do tend to agree on the rankings of his traits:

Imagination (6th)
Communication ability (7th)
Intelligence (8th)
Background (32nd)
I like it. Revisionist history flashing before our very eyes... as we sleep. And I thought it was a dream. Turned out to be cheesy greek columns.

Let me go ahead and revise again for you.... bottom 10, just ahead of Jimma Carter and Woodrow Wilson.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,026,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I wonder where Bush ranked.
From the OP article ....

Quote:
Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was ranked at number 23 in 2002 — the last time Siena’s presidential expert poll was conducted — but has since dropped to number 39, qualifying him as one of the five worst presidents. Bush came in at number 42 — second to last — on issues such as handling the U.S. economy, foreign policy accomplishments and intelligence. (Warren G. Harding was rated the least intelligent president).

Bush joins Harding, Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan and Franklin Pierce, all of whom have consistently ranked as the worst presidents since the poll started, in the bottom five.
Bush was ranked 2nd to last on Intelligence? Ouch !!! That's gotta hurt !!!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
From the OP article ....

Bush was ranked 2nd to last on Intelligence? Ouch !!! That's gotta hurt !!!
What exactly do you get out of bashing Bush? He is irrelevant to today's issues...

Why don't we poke fun of Polk while we are at it

Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,751,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
This seems to be simply rating his personality. I don't care about any of those criteria. I only care about the results a president brings to America. He could swear every other word and insult me at every turn, but if he brings progress to the country he is a good president in my mind.

Obama is a poor president because of the actions he has undertaken. His communication ability is immaterial in my mind.
And even his communications skills are questionable. Remove the teleprompters and what do you have? Communication is more than fine words. George Bush was inelegant in speech, without a doubt, but you never had to ask what he meant. There was no parsing of his words. Both friend and foe alike had no doubt about what he said. That's the essence of communication. The rest is frills.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,948,216 times
I believe this thread and the "elite poisoning you" thread are a match made in heaven.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,442,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Yes he is the best and he did not win the Nobel Peace Prize for being elected POTUS. It was for much much more.
Could you list all that much more you talked about? I saw nothing in those early days that should have given him that prize.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:18 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,311,899 times
Scholars take decades; if not more to judge the results of a presdiency. Just people deluding themslf that spin his history.Wanna believes.The reason it takes so long id they need to see what action result in what results and how it effects the future.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,271,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Scholars take decades; if not more to judge the results of a presdiency. Just people deluding themslf that spin his history.Wanna believes.The reason it takes so long id they need to see what action result in what results and how it effects the future.
Kinda like the rubes love Obama tonite, but will they respect him the morning after. Or... will he respect them?

Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,610,314 times
Well considering they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize before he knew where the nearest bathroom was to the Oval Office..it makes logical sense. Hey...let's just deem him re-elected...excellent dude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies