Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,540,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
JFK, the last true president we've had since Washington. I didn't think about Alex Jones as well but now that you mention it, if the elite do control all the media outlets...
Thats not true.

What's your definition of "true" President?

Duly elected, we've had a bunch. Those who put country before self, Jimmy Carter did that (not saying his ideas were good or bad, but he did what he thought was best for the country).

Popular, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, all are popular.

What's your definition of true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 AM

37,885 posts, read 41,353,954 times
The problem with so called "news" operations is that unlike in the old days, they don't have permanent overseas news bureaus anymore. When something happens, for example, in Indonesia, they put a reporter on a plane. That reporter doesn't have an "in" with the locals, hasn't cultivated reliable sources, hasn't been aware of the shifting political tide and you get what feels like canned superficial news because the reporters on all of the channels and in all of the newspapers are reporting the same "fed to them" story or are doing the same "hurry up" story. They're in and they're out. Sometimes they don't even bother to send their own reporter. They use a story from an organization like the Associated Press so they really are all carrying the same story.

Also, the people who have opinion TV shows and the people who read the news in the studio shouldn't be confused with people who actually get the news in the field. It's not any of those people's problem, though, that American audiences can't distinguish between news and opinion...or for that matter comedy (even when it's on Comedy Central). I rarely see cable TV news criticized, just cable TV news opinion shows. For example, when is the last time someone had something bad to say about the stories on Shepard Smith's 7:00P nightly news show or has said, for example, "That Jonathan Hunt (a reporter in the field), what a joke!"? And the only reason I'm using Fox News as my example is because I'm familiar with their shows. I don't know who does the nightly news on CNN or MSNBC or who their reporters are out in the field but I'm guessing their version of Smith and Hunt don't get criticized much, or at all, either.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,889,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
When I saw your thread; disinformation agents I immediately thought of the liberals, liberal media etc.

I was flabergasted that you stated the right controls mainstream media. No offense but sometimes I wonder if I am even on the save wave length or planet as some of my fellow P&C posters.

Serioiusly, it is pretty commonly accepted that the media is not just left-leaning but CONTROLLED by those on the left.

AND when FOX came to cable and there was another side to the political equation offered, the left reared up and tried to smear the little network that could.

But truth wins out. Thankfully.

The left definitely do not control the media, though many in the far right feel that way. Fox news was started with a complete agenda to promote only far right views and opinions, with catchy slogans, propaganda with "fair and balanced" among other things.
They pass off like they know things everyone else doesn't and makes the viewer feel as if they are somehow "above" everyone else. The far right think anything that isn't exactly how they view things "liberal" or incorrect.

If you haven't, or anyone else hasn't seen it before, i'd highly recommend everyone watch the documentary outfoxed:

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

No it's no some left wing trash talking garbage, it's an informative look from unbiased news persons as well as former newscasters and employees of fox news. It's from 6 years ago and fox is tame then compared to now. Back then o'reilly was looked at as loopy, today he seems almost of a voice of reason next to radicals like beck and others.

Last edited by TempesT68; 07-19-2010 at 06:47 AM..

Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM

13,137 posts, read 22,964,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Of course all main stream news is controlled and is therefore propaganda from the “elite”. Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, Matt Drudge, Michael Savage, Anderson Cooper, etc.

The short list of the Controlled Opposition or Disinformation Agents:

Alex Jones
Glen Beck
David Icke
Benjamin Fulford
Bro. Michael Dimond, Bro. Peter Dimond of mostholyfamilymonastery.com
Richard Salbato of unitypublishing.com

Generally speaking, if the person is a household name or is well-known do not trust him or her. Who controls all media outlets? “They” the elite do, so of course they will only allow their own people to gain a large following.

FYI, there are many (thousands) disinformation agents on all popular message boards just like this one. That is why the Religion forums and Politics forums are so active. There is an overload of information/posts/debate so that you will never see or focus on the truth when it is revealed on the internet.

YouTube - the speech JFK wrote that got him murdered
Don't listen to this guy. He's a disinformation agent. I know the truth...listen to me.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,799,697 times
Default Don't turn this into Fox bashing. It's about mainstream (liberal) media, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The left definitely do not control the media, though many in the far right feel that way. Fox news was started with a complete agenda to promote only far right views and opinions, with catchy slogans, propaganda with "fair and balanced" among other things.
They pass off like they know things everyone else doesn't and makes the viewer feel as if they are somehow "above" everyone else. The far right think anything that isn't exactly how they view things "liberal" or incorrect.

If the left "definitely does not" control the media, why don't they report ALL the news? Why do they only report that which they promote, or present it in such a way as to draw the conclusion that they want the listener to arrive at?

Why is it that I can get "the other side" on Fox? You may not think they're always fair and balanced, but they do a darn good job of attempting to balance it out.
(my replies are in bold above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The best thing, is to believe everything out there.
I tend to agree with you on that. Believe everything in this crazy world and you're bound to have something you believe in come true!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM

14,045 posts, read 27,372,210 times
Quote:
Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are examples of Controlled Opposition. These type of people may make valid points but of course they part of the vary "elite" which conspires to control the masses.
So in your view, what is the "central organization" that determines who is placed where, and do these "controlled opponents" realize they are being used by this organization?

What is the core benefit or motivation for doing these actions?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 AM

3,641 posts, read 9,514,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
So in your view, what is the "central organization" that determines who is placed where
Unsure right now, but suspect it is based in Europe, probably Germany or Switzerland. There are a few candidate secretive "organizations" that I will not reveal on this forum.

Quote:
do these "controlled opponents" realize they are being used by this organization?
The Controlled Opposition realize they are "controlled opponents", but most probably do not understand who exactly controls them even though they might say they do. Many are told lies and do not understand the "big picture" so to speak.

Quote:
What is the core benefit or motivation for doing these actions?
For the Controlled Opposition: Money, power, fame, protection from future "planned" events, etc.

The central organization's motivation is, well lets say it, purely evil. Today we are living in the age of Horus (beginning in 1904) according to them (before that was the "age of Christendom", my terminology, in which the Catholic Church ruled western civilization), the next age they wish to bring about is the age of Maat or Antichrist. They, the "elite", will live like kings and queens while the rest of humanity will be their slaves. The "central organization" opposes the true Catholic faith, NOT the so called Catholic Church you see today(it was infiltrated and taken over)....in which many of the elite belong. The power structure of the elite today is most likely "Babylon the great", the allegorical figure of evil mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the Bible.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:30 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,692,994 times
In my opinion, we would not have these issues if we could simply bear true witness to our own supreme Law of the Land. If people of alleged morals cannot do that, why should we confide in their sincerity for anything else?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:06 PM

3,641 posts, read 9,514,580 times
Controlling the opposition paradigm is termed Mysterium Coniunctionis by Carl Jung.

More Controlled Opposition:

1) John Birch Society
2) Society of Saint Pius X or SSPX

Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,210,472 times
[quote]
Quote:

FYI, there are many (thousands) disinformation agents on all popular message boards just like this one. That is why the Religion forums and Politics forums are so active. There is an overload of information/posts/debate so that you will never see or focus on the truth when it is revealed on the internet.
Please give us an example of a "disinformation agent" and an example of "the truth when it is revealed on the internet" just so we are all on the same page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies