Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 70,089,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Maybe because the Obama Admin believes in the Constitution?
Now that is hilarious!!!

When a city in the USA becomes the kidnapping capital of the world second only to much larger Mexico City and the federal government sits back and allows it go on even though it mostly involves foreigners here illegally, you cannot claim that government believes in the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 AM

30,522 posts, read 19,019,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
So should Obama follow the lead of Reagan and grant amnesty, or was Reagan a "traitor idiot"?

How about having all Americans a national ID that can be quickly checked and verified? Is that an infringement on your "rights"? How is that different from making anyone who looks funny having to provide proof of citizenship? Why not make it required for all residents?

And what happened to the right wing outrage that Obama had a "shake down" of BP? Did the script change over the weekend?

And what makes you think that it's all over with BP? It's not over until the leak is sealed, then the criminal charges will be filed.

I witnessed 8 years of inept, and maybe you are confusing this President with someone else.

You see, the thing about change is that THINGS ARE DONE DIFFERENTLY.

1. Reagan should not have granted amnesty. Look where it got us- more illegals. This is why amnesty should NEVER be considered again.

2. national id? I would prefer to not have a serial number "tatooed on my forearm". Gee, it seems as though all fascists think alike.

3. Shake down of BP? He already did that. I am sure that the worst is yet to come. He will want to steal any assets and award them to his friend, George Soros, just as he was preparing to do with the 32 drilling platform leases.

4. Correction- you have observed one and half years of the most inept, incompetent president in US history. Unless he is impeached, you will have to suffer through two and half more years. Obama makes Bush look like a great president in comparison (and I am no Bush fan).

Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,268,372 times
Oh for crying out loud. People, try to put on your thinking caps.

The disaster caused from BP is not even close to being over. Things are still things being discovered about the actions BP took both prior and post the explosion that have made this incident much worse. How are you going to sue when you don't know full scope of damages?

Let's look at Exxon-Valdez: that was litigated for twenty years and the calculations of loss argued for as long. That spill was much smaller and simpler as it was contained in the Prince William Sound and there were fewer people affected with loss of livelihood.

The damage from the BP spill is much worse and just how does anyone calculate the extinction of species (if that happens and it takes time and scientific studies to know that) and the possible extinction of an ecosystem. (that may be a stretch, but surely your cognitive abilities can grasp the severity of damage to multiple ecosystems)

Now, since the Einsteins want "Obummer" to sue, I'd ask them, did you mean a civil litigation or criminal prosecution?

This is far from over.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 AM

38,839 posts, read 22,671,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Why is Obama suing Arizona for trying to protect it's citizens and America?

And why does BP get a pass for destroying the eco systems, the Fishing and tourist industries in the gulfcoast?

This Traitor Idiot we have for President has his priorities screwed up.
Instead of gettig his inept stooge Eric Holder to do his job and protect gulfcoast interests, He's suing Arizona????

BP's damage of the enviorment will take decades to potentially resolve and the 20 billion Obama got out of BP will not last long. And you cannot payback the suffering and loss of culture and lifestyle of it's residents.

Instead Obama has foreign interests and big money companies close to his heart.

This pandering inept Traitor and all his supporters need to go. Obaama needs to be impeached before he can do more ruin to the USA.
The better question would be why isn't he suing the states that allow sanctuary cities within their borders who are ignoring federal law? I believe the city of San Francisco identifies known illegal alien gang bangers, after being arrested for committing crimes, and then buys them a plane ticket and flies them back to their country of choice.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM

78,860 posts, read 46,995,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
um ... because Obama owns BP stock? .. no really, he does ..

BP a foreign owned company, that does business and makes billions off the US economy, was one of Obamas big supporters in the 08 election. Even though it is illegal for foreign contributions.
Look at the millions Obama received in foreign contributions, to get elected.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 AM

38,839 posts, read 22,671,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Reagan should not have granted amnesty. Look where it got us- more illegals. This is why amnesty should NEVER be considered again.

2. national id? I would prefer to not have a serial number "tatooed on my forearm". Gee, it seems as though all fascists think alike.

3. Shake down of BP? He already did that. I am sure that the worst is yet to come. He will want to steal any assets and award them to his friend, George Soros, just as he was preparing to do with the 32 drilling platform leases.

4. Correction- you have observed one and half years of the most inept, incompetent president in US history. Unless he is impeached, you will have to suffer through two and half more years. Obama makes Bush look like a great president in comparison (and I am no Bush fan).
I believe Reagan was assured that the borders would be secured after the amnesty, but congress refused to act on that part of the deal. This is why so many right-minded people insist the borders be secured first, before any other immigration reforms are discussed, we do not want to repeat this call for immigration amnesty again, and again.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,230,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Everyday Barry provides another example of his plan to destroy America. It's obvious that he hates this country and wants to turn it into a cesspool similar to his homeland.

Did I miss the memo where Obama isn't American-born?? This lame argument is old and needs to be retired.

The only ones supporting this fool are those with their hands out or those who also hate America. How can you call yourself an American and support this piece of trash?

I tell ya, the amount of paranoid that exists is staggering. Obama out to destroy America? For those that believe this, there's medication.

Down with Obama, ASAP! Somebody start the impeachment proceedings now!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,896,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
So should Obama follow the lead of Reagan and grant amnesty, or was Reagan a "traitor idiot"?

How about having all Americans a national ID that can be quickly checked and verified? Is that an infringement on your "rights"? How is that different from making anyone who looks funny having to provide proof of citizenship? Why not make it required for all residents?

And what happened to the right wing outrage that Obama had a "shake down" of BP? Did the script change over the weekend?

And what makes you think that it's all over with BP? It's not over until the leak is sealed, then the criminal charges will be filed.

I witnessed 8 years of inept, and maybe you are confusing this President with someone else.

You see, the thing about change is that THINGS ARE DONE DIFFERENTLY.
Reagan is dead and Bush is no longer in office. Reagan did not force Amnesty down the throats of America and yes it was a mistake then . Look at where it got us today. Are you saying Obama gets a pass because he's making the same mistakes?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 AM

2,362 posts, read 3,014,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Everyday Barry provides another example of his plan to destroy America. It's obvious that he hates this country and wants to turn it into a cesspool similar to his homeland.

The only ones supporting this fool are those with their hands out or those who also hate America. How can you call yourself an American and support this piece of trash?

Down with Obama, ASAP! Somebody start the impeachment proceedings now!!!
Glenn?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,896,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What do you mean, "giving BP a free pass"? He's already knocked $20B out of them in addition to the cleanup costs, which has people screaming. The US Attorney General is conducting a criminal investigation against them right now. Hordes of private lawyers are lining up to sue them. If anything, conservatives are saying that Obama should go easier on BP and not "put his heel to their throat".
You are assuming that BP will be intact and in business 30 years from now and not broken up or have gone into bankruptcy. Then what?

All the lawsuits are and settlements are going to go how far? How much
longer is the leak going to go on for and what is the true amount that was
released?
How many decades will it take for the enviorment to recover? The Conservatives on BP's side are wrong and when did Obama listen to Conservatives on the Arizona issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies