Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,538,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Powell and bush girl both knew they would never get the right wing vote. Thats why they didnt run.
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

You'd think people on the left could come up with something besides race to throw at the republicans.

You all tell yourselves how smart you are. Yet, all you ever say to anyone that doesn't think exactly like you is that they are racist. I don't know if you all realize how dumb you actually sound.

It's boring, old and childish.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,582,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

You'd think people on the left could come up with something besides race to throw at the republicans.

You all tell yourselves how smart you are. Yet, all you ever say to anyone that doesn't think exactly like you is that they are racist. I don't know if you all realize how dumb you actually sound.

It's boring, old and childish.
well why hasnt anyone of color ever even come close on the GOP ticket. Ill wait.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,290,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Your guy is the one who said there are 57 states. It's a direct quote."""

And any INTELLIGENT person knows it's a slip of the tongue. No NORMAL sane person would believe Obama doesn't know how many states there are...

"""If any conservative said that, the left would never let it go. He is the one who made promises with timelines that he did not keep. I don't have to make anything up. I just hold this guy to his word and he continuously fails.

Why is it the left keeps name calling and shows so much anger?"""

That's YOUR perception. I didn't call you a name.

"""I am not insulting you, yet you have such outright hatred toward me."""

That is your perception....it's a common flaw with repugs....hate is one of their only three emotions and always near the top....it does NOT mean everybody hates as easily.

"""That's one of the reasons why it is so tough to take the left seriously. They are always blowing their top.""

Again, ANOTHER accusation that you have NO PROOF of.....is this a habit with you?

""Face it.
A child is running the country now. He is probably a nice guy and as far as I can tell he is a good father and husband. He just never had any experience to qualify him for this job and he just can't handle it. He is a campaigner. That is not what the country needs.
So want a long entrenched career politician, one with EXPERIENCE, and you disagree with other repugs who want new blood, want to throw eveyone out and start new with ...with whatever they think will take their place.

Every president was elected for the first time with no experience...DUH!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
well why hasnt anyone of color ever even come close on the GOP ticket. Ill wait.
Well they haven't run except for Alan Keyes. And all he talks about is abortion.

Why did conservatives want Colin Powell and Condi Rice to run if they don't like the idea of a black president?

Why is Clarence Thomas an icon of the conservative meovement if all conservatives are racist?

I'll wait.

Why do democrats always talk about women's issues and women need more representation in office and women this and women that. And then turn around and reject Hillary Clinton?

I'll wait.

P.S. I forgot about J.C. Watts. Conservatives were begging him to run. He's black too.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:21 PM

683 posts, read 1,477,868 times
Quote:
Obama has had about 18 months in office, which enough time to judge his performance. He made many promises with timelines and he has failed on all counts. The country is far worse off since he took over and now most economists say we will be in a double dip recession soon due to his policies.

So many people warned of Obama's inexperience and far left wing agenda, yet he still got elected. Can we finally admit most people voted for him because they wanted to make history by electing the first black (sort of) man to office? The media desperately wanted it for their headlines and did everything they could to ensure it happened.

Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.

Far Left wing agenda?

Bla bla bla, bla bla bla, bla bla bla...

You sound like Bill O'Reilly.

What do "Communism" have to do with "Universal healthcare"?

Canada and the European Union (RICH Caucasian people with the highest quality of life) HAVE universal healthcare aka "Obamacare".

Why don't you get that?

Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 PM

345 posts, read 1,649,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Far Left wing agenda?

Bla bla bla, bla bla bla, bla bla bla...

You sound like Bill O'Reilly.

What do "Communism" have to do with "Universal healthcare"?

Canada and the European Union (RICH Caucasian people with the highest quality of life) HAVE universal healthcare aka "Obamacare".

Why don't you get that?

Your ignorance is gleaming !

Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 PM

683 posts, read 1,477,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
Your ignorance is gleaming !
Your denial is the result of years of watching the non spin world of O'Reilly and the Fixed News circus.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:30 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,272,156 times
EVERY time race is mentioned I hear someone from the right squeal 'race card'. Looks like we've traded places.

I voted for Obama because I liked what he was offering. My daughter and I discussed the choice between him and Hilliary; we were undecided in July, and we feared for his safety. No kidding. I also liked the fact that for the first time in my life someone was running for President that looked closer to what I looked like, but I his principles are why I voted for him. For over 200 years this country has been in existence and never, not once has anyone been President other than a White man. That's just freaking weird.

The bar where my daughter had a watch party was packed with 20 and 30 somethings.........not one voted for McCain. For the first time in my life I had to wait in line to vote.

All of that, yet every county in Oklahoma went red. That's never happened that I remember in my entire 51 years. So. The OP asks if we can admit we voted for him because he is Black? For many of you who didn't vote for him, I ask, can you finally admit you fear him because he is Black? I read and hear what Okies have to say, so I know what it's like here, firsthand. Every last stinking county in this state went red. In the bible belt. How so very Christian of them, LOL.

There are people who voted for McCain because of his postion on the issues and there are people who voted for Obama because of his position on the issues. For some of us, him being something............anything besides White was just the cherry on top.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,607,410 times
Quote:
Obama has had about 18 months in office, which enough time to judge his performance. He made many promises with timelines and he has failed on all counts. The country is far worse off since he took over and now most economists say we will be in a double dip recession soon due to his policies.

So many people warned of Obama's inexperience and far left wing agenda, yet he still got elected. Can we finally admit most people voted for him because they wanted to make history by electing the first black (sort of) man to office? The media desperately wanted it for their headlines and did everything they could to ensure it happened.

Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.
I voted for him because the alternative was not very compelling. Try harder, Republicans.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
And out of all the dozens of candidates the democrats have nominated for President and Vice President over the years only one has been black.

And only one has been a woman.

Boy that is some diverse choice of candiates we have got from democrats. One woman. One black guy. And a bunch of rich white men.

I also find it funny that libs always say the republican party is made up of white southern males.

First off it isn't a crime to be a white southern male. Second, LBJ, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, James Carville, John Edwards. All icons of the democratic party. All southern white males.

You'd think the liberals could find something different than race to criticize the republicans for.

But liberals live in their own little world. Ignoring all facts.

Let's face it. Neither party has a good history on race. The democrats are no better than republicans in this regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies