Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,556,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Obama's plan in Iraq mentioned during the campaign is pretty much being followed to a T. He said all combat troops would be out by the summer of 2010, and they are expected to be out by the end of August. As far as Afghanistan goes, well you probably didn't pay attention to a single word he said during the campaign.

shhhh Smash, you are presenting common sense where there aren't none to those who choose to pull the race card.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Sorry, but I am not a republican. The left needs to try to be open minded as they claim they are. Otherwise they just keep repeating talking points.

so I guess it takes an open mind to state that Obama was voted in because he was black?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,369,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Interesting...The better choice for you it sounds was McCain/Palin. Sorry, there was absolutely no way I was willing to take the chance on McCain going down before the end of his adminstration and have the female version of the village idiot in control of an entire country. NO way

But....no reservations with this?

Old 07-04-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
But....no reservations with this?

diareah of the mouth is one thing, but deficiency of the brain is another. So no, no reservations with Biden over Palin at all.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:02 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,666,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbabe View Post
When bush was President did many people question the promises he made during the 8 years he was in office no they didnt why because he was white and a lot of white people put alot of their blind faith and confidence in him because they felt comfortable with him being behind the wheel which is why he got a second term. Now people for some strange reason are waking up with this stun look on their faces and are acting surprise like this wasn't suppose to happen to them.

Many people know that you cannot fix a country that had bad leadership for 8 years over night obama didnt make people spend on things that they no they couldn't afford people need to wake up and accept alot of the responsibilty for the mess they are in

If you think the country is far worse of I suggest you go to those countries that can barely find food or water to drink.

people complain about the economy but yet they stand in line for hours waiting for the latest iphone

It is not due to Obamas policy that you will be double dip in recession Obama can fix everything this minute and it will not help why because it is someone elses turn (country) to rise up out of the ashes the economy the oil spill, wall street the country more divided than ever before alot of these things are happening for a reason this is the calm before the storm.

Obama like any other President before him didnt have the experience apart from George bush because his father was president and that gave him a little head start but through all that he still did a wack job Reagan was an actor and he still became president he was given a chance people voted for Obama because they wanted to gave him a opportunity like every other president before him.

Since black people outside of obama never had the ability and experience to be president I guess that rules us out and back to the good old white boys network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm exhausted with all of the idiots saying that anyone who is against Obama or anything he does is racist.
That is what they want, for you to be exhausted.
That way they can get the last word and in their minds?
The last word means that you are wrong and they are right.
They can't admit that obama is destroying our country so we must be racists.
They just have to keep it this way so they can sleep at night.
Who cares if we can't sleep because of worry over what he is doing to our children and grandchildren.
We NEED to be racists so they don't have to see.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,594,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Maybe, just maybe, next time we should vote based on ability and experience.
You mean like President Bush? or Reagan? Please sit back down, your attitude is showing, and it isn't pretty.

I voted for the person that demonstrated that he knew how to face difficult situations, and overcome them with fairness, honesty, and education. It was a nice feature that he was not a member of the Good Ol' White Boys Club.

Further, given the shambles the decades of Republican wolves under the guise of the Moral Majority gave him to start with -- [does no one recall that we had a surplus of funds in our economy when President Bush took office, achieved by President Clinton's hard work in cleaning the former Bush's deplorable leavings] -- I'd say that President Obama is doing quite well. I only hope that he starts to get some support from those that seem to be spending all their efforts obstructing the public good.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:21 AM

161 posts, read 110,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course that was a bald faced lie and she never made that claim. She said she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore meaning her thoughts that she would be in better financial shape under his administration rather than Bush's....

Not so. One lady assumed the government was going to pay all her bills for her. The stupidity of the die-hard democrat voters is laughable.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Interesting...The better choice for you it sounds was McCain/Palin. Sorry, there was absolutely no way I was willing to take the chance on McCain going down before the end of his adminstration and have the female version of the village idiot in control of an entire country. NO way
Nope. McCain was not who I voted for, nor was Obama. And why does the left have to keep personally insulting people they do not agree with? Should I start calling Obama the village idiot, because he is destroying the country with his idiotic "policies"?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
so I guess it takes an open mind to state that Obama was voted in because he was black?
Yes and as I said I am referring to people getting caught up in the hype of making history and forgetting to actually do some research to see if the guy was up to the task. Now we know he was not. I knew that before he was elected.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You mean like President Bush? or Reagan? Please sit back down, your attitude is showing, and it isn't pretty.
I mean like Kennedy, Reagan and to some extent Clinton. I mean not like Bush and Obama.

When you are truly open minded and independent of the brainwashing taking place in each party, you can make wise choices. I am averaging voting for the democrat 35% of the time, the republican 45% of the time and the other 20% of the time. Voting by party line is simply ignorant.

Race, sex or orientation NEVER enters into the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies