Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:51 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,893,247 times

Advertisements

I am starting to think there isnt much this White House wont do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,374,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am starting to think there isnt much this White House wont do

I know there is nothing that the people who don't like Obama (or anyone who does not think exactly like them) won't say, no matter how far from the truth it might be.

//

Old 06-25-2010, 06:57 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,853,243 times
Disgraceful. So much for uniting the country.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:00 AM

37,885 posts, read 41,346,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Completely unprecedented in our history I believe. BUt what can you expect from a petty, immature, vindictive radical that now occupies the Oval Office.

Defy him and his desires and you will pay.

FOXNews.com - Arizona Dem: Federal Agencies Nixing Conventions Over State's Immigration Law

Is this little man the most divisive, partisan piece of work we have ever experienced?

And let's not forget that he has chosen to side with a foreign country (and most likely put Mexico up to it) over a state of the US. He couldn't care one whit if it hurts the citizens of that state or not.
The heads of those agencies are all appointed by the President so they WILL give marching orders to boycott Arizona because they have their nose up his butt. But, Arizona should boycott Washington DC and toss out all of the federal agencies operating in the state or at least make it miserable for them to conduct business as usual. It doesn't have to be a direct order. You know maybe a slow response time here and there, maybe a snafu or two on some paperwork. ETC.

What will the petty man do next? Shut down the Grand Canyon National Park?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
The Mexican governemnt should have no say in what our education system is doing.
They don't.

A trilateral program for postsecondary education.

Couple of big words there.........

Trilateral = involving 3 parties (US Canada Mexico in this case)
postsecondary = college

If one part of a trilateral conference decides not to go (in this case mexico), it makes no sense to hold it there.

Last edited by plannine; 06-25-2010 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-25-2010, 08:10 AM

38,839 posts, read 22,681,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Completely unprecedented in our history I believe. BUt what can you expect from a petty, immature, vindictive radical that now occupies the Oval Office.

Defy him and his desires and you will pay.

FOXNews.com - Arizona Dem: Federal Agencies Nixing Conventions Over State's Immigration Law

Is this little man the most divisive, partisan piece of work we have ever experienced?

And let's not forget that he has chosen to side with a foreign country (and most likely put Mexico up to it) over a state of the US. He couldn't care one whit if it hurts the citizens of that state or not.
Yes, he is. He needs a long. long vacation from politics in 2013.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,978,477 times
He stopped being fair and impartial the day he took oath.
Nothing like a little power to bring out the worst in people.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 AM

38,839 posts, read 22,681,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Good ol' faux news at it again! You might want to read the only truth in that link through the rederick.

"Any cancellations by the Department of Education and the U.S. Border Patrol may have been more out of a desire to steer clear of controversy than outright protest of the law."
Nice try, but the majority approve of the Arizona law, and its only controversial to those who make it that way. Just because a minority opinion of citizens disprove of some state law or program is not cause for the federal government agencies to alter their schedules. This is federal employees inserting their partisan political views, plain and simple.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Good ol' faux news at it again! You might want to read the only truth in that link through the rederick.

"Any cancellations by the Department of Education and the U.S. Border Patrol may have been more out of a desire to steer clear of controversy than outright protest of the law."
How bout something simpler....

1/3 of the attendees of the conference, were not going, and they were not from the DOE or USBP.

Hard to hold (and pay for) a conference when one of the three parties involved is backing out, no matter what the reason.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 PM

30,524 posts, read 19,029,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Are you sure? This post makes you sound like the vindictive one.

????????????

1. I am not the POTUS
2. I am not proposing suing Arizona over thier immigration laws
3. I did not tell a sitting US senator that I would not enforce the border laws so that he might support amnesty for illegals
4. I did not put 30,000 US oil workers out of work
5. I did not grant $2 billion to a Brazillian oil co. with major interest by George Soros, nor allow the taking over of the 32 rigs idled by the "moratorium".
6. I did not bribe Sestak
7. I did not punish counties that opposed Obama in the election by selectively reducing "stimulus" cash to these areas
8. I did not pass on the memorial day event at Arlington to attend a bar-b-que across the street from the Nation of Islam
9. I did not fire a field general over hurt feelings about criticizing Biden's squirt gun fight

All, in all, a pretty vindictive, cynical man. Two and half years left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies