Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 10:30 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,332,755 times

Advertisements

"Respondents to a New York Times/CBS News poll believed President Obama did not have a clear plan to create jobs and were impatient with his response to the Gulf of Mexico spill."
Poll Finds Deep Concern About Energy and Economy - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
"Respondents to a New York Times/CBS News poll believed President Obama did not have a clear plan to create jobs and were impatient with his response to the Gulf of Mexico spill."
Poll Finds Deep Concern About Energy and Economy - NYTimes.com
The New York Times and CBS? Just think, the bible of the left has told all this truth about what the people think. I saw too much agreement there with what I see at Rasmussen all the time and find it probable that these people have been holding back all this time.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
54 percent of the public say he does not have a clear plan for creating jobs, while only 34 percent say he does, an ominous sign heading into this fall’s midterm elections.

Just 32 percent say Mr. Obama has a clear plan to deal with the oil leak, while 59 percent (including 64 percent of Gulf coast residents) say he does not.

The numbers are not much better among those who watched the president's Oval Office speech on the spill last week, with 35 percent of that group saying he has a clear plan and 56 percent saying he does not.
Yeah, that speech was criticized across the board, well, except for THIS board.

Not good numbers...which should really help for the midterms.

61% say his response was too slow. It continues to be slow, almost on purpose.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
His net approval was still positive, which makes it the last polls released by 10 different pollsters (other than Rasmussen) have Obama with a higher approval than disapproval.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:30 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,475,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It continues to be slow, almost on purpose.
Yea it's on purpose, in fact some people say he went down there in scuba gear and made the hole himself. The story is really big and should break next week, it's gonna be a real scandal!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,979,313 times
How about this: I just cannot bring myself to care about this stupid oil spill...the biggest part of the catastrophe is how much of a big deal the media has made out of it. Its and unfortunate event, but jeez, people act like it was the end of the world. Beyond the misfortune of the 11 lives lost, any damage from that oil spill has been pretty material. so fishermen will have to change their lifestyle...oh well, people change careers all the time...no one guarantees anyone a lifelong career anymore.

so for me, I could careless about the oil spill...Obama is doing what he can about the ordeal, and thats all anyone can really expect; his response to the oil spill has been perfectly acceptable to me. But beyond that, I cant wait until he gets voted out of office. I dislike him with a passion. He just seems so oblivious to economic woes, or how to actually stimulate job growth...Almost as if he doesnt even have a plan.

Hes weak and passive, and he just isnt the right guy for the job imo..I cant wait to get him out of office.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:06 AM

11,273 posts, read 11,043,276 times
Times a dwindlin for this one hit wonder of a president. Now would be a great time to start grooming a G.O.P. nominee that has a chance at a good run. Hint.... Someone other than Palin!

Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,947,843 times
The Pesident needs to do what he does best - campaign.

2012 is right around the corner.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,260,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Times a dwindlin for this one hit wonder of a president. Now would be a great time to start grooming a G.O.P. nominee that has a chance at a good run. Hint.... Someone other than Palin!
The GOP is not not going to change anything. Presidents are merely puppets of the global elites so it does not matter if there is a democrat or republican in office.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 PM

11,273 posts, read 11,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The GOP is not not going to change anything. Presidents are merely puppets of the global elites so it does not matter if there is a democrat or republican in office.
It does when you are looking at Supreme Court nominees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies