Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 AM

1,104 posts, read 2,593,796 times

Advertisements

Monroeville Mall Fight Caught On Video; 5 Cited In Brawl - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Ironically, there was another big fight between a half dozen or so kids a few months ago outside of the PCX urban wear store when I was up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,207,943 times
Sorry to go off topic, but you just gotta love the way Google Ads thinks...
Attached Thumbnails
Monroeville Mall fight caught on video; 5 cited in brawl-cdfgoogle-ad.jpg  

Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,556,341 times
The mall has turned into a complete ghetto hood or even something such as a "bad part of town." It's a complete shame. Monroeville Mall was my mall of choice because it's convenient for me, but anymore, if I'm going to spend time at a mall, I just drive out to Ross Park. I'd love to see them turn the mall around and really give Monroeville's shopping scene in general some new life, but I'm not sure what it will take. The mall itself needs another anchor badly...that whole end of the mall just seem SO desolate.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:22 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,566,102 times
I grew up in the East, and the Monroeville Mall was one of the first ever built in the Pgh Area. I believe South Hills Village came first. In any event, it was the bee's knees. Old fart alert. I went to a bachelor party at the mall and rented out the Ice Hockey rink, anyone remember that? It was always a safe place, not so much now.

IMHO, it's the lack of jobs that is making the East undesirable.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:38 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,045,248 times
Living in the East End, we used to go to Monroeville all the time. Then we went to the Waterfront. Now we are starting to go to East Liberty.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:27 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,593,796 times
I think Monroeville Mall's problem is more the area. It's basically stagnanted. I drive down 22 and I notice more businesses shutting down or relocate to greener pastures, which is sad because Monroeville is not even a bad area. I think the area is starting to suffer or is in the process of having an image problem, and if it continues that way, then I can see the same thing happen to Monroeville very much like how the Century III area has become. Also, I know some people who once shopped at Monroeville Mall would now rather shop at Ross Park, Westmoreland Mall, Pittsburgh Mills or even the Waterfront because they don't want to go to Monroeville. I'm afraid if things don't improve (urban wear stores and local stores selling crap is not a sign of improvement in my book) then JCPenney or Macy's may be the next anchors to jump ship.

Last edited by neurodistortion; 05-07-2010 at 04:39 PM..

Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,282,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I grew up in the East, and the Monroeville Mall was one of the first ever built in the Pgh Area. I believe South Hills Village came first. In any event, it was the bee's knees. Old fart alert. I went to a bachelor party at the mall and rented out the Ice Hockey rink, anyone remember that? It was always a safe place, not so much now.

IMHO, it's the lack of jobs that is making the East undesirable.
No, it is the underclass thug mentality that is making the east undesirable!

Old 05-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
No, it is the underclass thug mentality that is making the east undesirable!
Underclass because they have no jobs or opportunities.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:46 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,282,843 times
Oh no, another bleeding heart!

Old 05-08-2010, 04:28 PM

aveojohn,

I am so right wing that when I come to an intersection I'll make 3 right turns to avoid turning left.

At one time this area, this country, had a ton of jobs for the the less educated that paid very well. I should know, because those jobs put me through college. Not anymore. A guy that could work a lathe or pour steel was important, not so much now. We can't be a country of paper pushers and expect to survive.

My two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh