Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 07:27 AM

1,170 posts, read 537,733 times

Advertisements

justin bieber's justice tour news on twitter dec 30, 2021 - "Masks will still be required throughout the entire event"

https://twitter.com/justicetournews/...636352?lang=en

unfortunately when justin came to pittsburgh that evil PPG paints place did not require masks or vaccination cards

Justin Bieber comes back to Pittsburgh with a Purpose

https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/musi...s/202203250083

"The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. with opening acts Jaden, Eddie Benjamin and TEO. There are some resale tickets available, starting at $198. Masks, vaccination cards and negative tests are not required."

and apparently now he's got some sort of facial paralysis - maybe he should sue the venue for damages $$$

Last edited by BUILD PENN SQUARE; 06-12-2022 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 09:06 AM

impressive achievement and well deserved

Oakland's Khalil's restaurant celebrates 50 years serving Middle Eastern cuisine

https://www.post-gazette.com/life/di...s/202206130003

"As Dalel recalls, the genesis of the restaurant traces to $20 that her mother owed to a neighbor. At around 8 one night, Agnes was cooking for her family when she noticed onlookers peering into the window. She welcomed them inside and fed them authentic Mediterranean food. She charged her guests $20, and handed the money directly to her neighbor to settle her debt."

Old 06-14-2022, 10:09 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,705,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
impressive achievement and well deserved

Oakland's Khalil's restaurant celebrates 50 years serving Middle Eastern cuisine

https://www.post-gazette.com/life/di...s/202206130003

"As Dalel recalls, the genesis of the restaurant traces to $20 that her mother owed to a neighbor. At around 8 one night, Agnes was cooking for her family when she noticed onlookers peering into the window. She welcomed them inside and fed them authentic Mediterranean food. She charged her guests $20, and handed the money directly to her neighbor to settle her debt."
Thanks for the heads up. This place is a true Pittsburgh institution, though I must say at times lately I haven't been certain that it was still in business. For many of us this was the first place in the city we ever had Mid Eastern cuisine. Ahh and the decor! A time capsule. Love it.

PS Though Amel's in Brookline is even better. One of my all time fav places still..

Old 06-14-2022, 04:42 PM

1,119 posts, read 518,446 times
Any word on when Mt Oliver Bodega will be re-opening?

Old 06-14-2022, 06:49 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,567,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Any word on when Mt Oliver Bodega will be re-opening?
Several months ago, there was a plan in the works to do something different with the space but it fell through due to reasons that I'll not go into here.

What the owners of the space did was to focus on another one of their hospitality concepts in the southern hilltop neighborhoods. That was a wiser move, in my opinion, as it's in an area with other, established businesses and has a lot less overhead and fewer moving parts than a full-service restaurant.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Several months ago, there was a plan in the works to do something different with the space but it fell through due to reasons that I'll not go into here.
since you say there are reasons but then refuse to disclose them - let's speculate

how about the ownership team insulted the neighborhood so severely with that MOB P.O.S that they were basically told to leave and never come back or else

Old 06-15-2022, 09:24 AM

just noticed this yesterday

Coast & Main to Move Into the Old Plum Pan Asian Kitchen Spot in East Liberty

https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/c...-east-liberty/

"Coast & Main, a steak and seafood restaurant inspired by the flavors of Portland, Oregon, and surrounding areas, gained traction after it debuted at the Monroeville Mall about four years ago. Now, its owners, Michelle and Ricky Kirsop, have partnered with Herky Pollock and his wife, Lisa Acquaviva Pollock, to bring a second location to the space that once held Plum Pan Asian Kitchen at 5996 Centre Ave."

Old 06-15-2022, 09:49 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,705,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
just noticed this yesterday

Coast & Main to Move Into the Old Plum Pan Asian Kitchen Spot in East Liberty

https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/c...-east-liberty/

"Coast & Main, a steak and seafood restaurant inspired by the flavors of Portland, Oregon, and surrounding areas, gained traction after it debuted at the Monroeville Mall about four years ago. Now, its owners, Michelle and Ricky Kirsop, have partnered with Herky Pollock and his wife, Lisa Acquaviva Pollock, to bring a second location to the space that once held Plum Pan Asian Kitchen at 5996 Centre Ave."
Ahh, I wondered whatever happened to Herky?! I guess Herky is alive and well. Herky!!

Old 06-15-2022, 10:13 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,461,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Ahh, I wondered whatever happened to Herky?! I guess Herky is alive and well. Herky!!
He recently opened shortys pins x pints on the north shore as well. Herky is living his best life

Old 06-16-2022, 07:41 AM

new taco joint open in sliberty

Duos Tacos

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/...xq/duos_tacos/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh