Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,430 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm planning on moving to Squirrel Hill and found a great apartment with equity real estate. Has anyone ever dealt with this real estate company? If so...any comments? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 12:27 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,916 times
What's the name of the place where you are moving? You can look it up using the link below and see what other tenants had/have to say.
Pittsburgh Apartments for Rent with Ratings & Reviews by Pittsburgh Renters at ApartmentRatings.com

Old 06-13-2008, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 7,330 times
Default Be aware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo5120 View Post
Hi! I'm planning on moving to Squirrel Hill and found a great apartment with equity real estate. Has anyone ever dealt with this real estate company? If so...any comments? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I've actually been renting from Equity for over 3 years now. I've had the displeasure of dealing with 2 different *******s as property managers.

The 1st ******* was a Clueless Older guy who didn't know anything about the APT. And never saw to any of the maintanence getting done.

I can personally testify to there Bookkeeping being so inaccurate that I think they may be intentionally doing false business practices in order to raise their bottom line.

I have had to go in to the Office now twice and demand to see their Books to proove that they received a rental payment that did not post to my account.

Their monthly notices of payment are insulting and offensive. What they do is, notify you that they may be evicting you. This way if they ever actually want to evict someone they're already covered legally.

Also my current agent is not just a **** but she is unproffessional. She does not return phone calls and she does not respond to rental issues.

What I would suggest to renters is to avoid any interaction with this Rental Company at all costs!

If you must rent with them, absolutley under no circumstances should you ever trust thier Bookkeeping or thier records. Thier rolling account ledgers have a proven history of being inaccurate and omitting payments.

Renters beware!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 7,003 times
Thumbs down agree with previous poster

Equity is terrible. They will never fix ANYTHING in your apartment and will never return your phone calls. I've never rented from a less professional management company.

Still waiting for essential stair repairs on a spiral staircase leading to our second floor...it's been over two months now.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:49 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,717 times
Fix it yourself then send them the bill! Document every step, pictures included. It's what I had to do with a rental agency, not this one in particular though.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:56 PM

137 posts, read 353,996 times
There properties are reasonably priced in an expensive area. Your not going to get Kauffman quality at K-Mart prices.
I've done work for them a long time ago (6-7 years) and they were always good pay. I worked for a guy named Dave who was fair and always wanted things fixed right....

Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM

48 posts, read 146,835 times
There seems to be a lot of bad rental companies.I've read bad things about Lobos,now Equity.How about Mozart Management?They seem to have a lot of apartments.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:42 AM

632 posts, read 1,739,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo5120 View Post
I recommend Rockwel Realty. We rented from them for 2 years and never had a single problem. They have properties all over Squirrel Hill and other east end neighborhoods.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:11 AM

524 posts, read 1,036,135 times
I second the recommendation of Rockwel Realty. It is family-owned, and they are great people to deal with.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:44 PM

165 posts, read 662,895 times
Good luck dealing with Rockwel if you are trying to do it from out of state. We wanted to rent one of their properties and they wouldn't return my phone calls. When we were searching we were told stay away from Mozart. I ended up posting an ad on Craigslist because we were having no luck and fortunately we ended up with a nice place. Good luck with your search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh