Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:43 PM

56 posts, read 226,734 times

Advertisements

We are moving from the west coast out to PA.............. originally we thought we'd focus on east of Philadelphia...... but now we're sort of looking outside of Pittsburg. Does anyone have any info. on Franklin park, Fox Chapel or Ross areas.? I really like the looks of the homes in these areas...... although they are abit more expensive than we originally had hoped for....... but you DO get a good lot size.
We are looking for good family areas....... great schools, safe town, family friendly......
Any ideas? I was a little familiar with eastern PA................ but know NOTHING about this part of the state. Any info would be REALLY helpful!
thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 02:32 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,379,228 times
Fox Chapel is the wealthiest neighborhood in Pittsburgh. Good school system. There's small shopping centers with a couple of supermarkets. High taxes anywhere in Allegheny County, maybe 4%.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,072,915 times
No, actually, Sewickley Heights takes that crown. :P

Old 05-17-2008, 07:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Tell me what you mean by:

they are abit more expensive than we originally had hoped for.......

There is a wealth of information on this forum and a little on the PA forum about Pittsburgh. Just look around and then ask questions.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:39 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,379,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
No, actually, Sewickley Heights takes that crown. :P
Sewickley Heights is 99, Fox Chapel is 97.
Highest-income places in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the state Fox Chapel is #3 and Sewickley Heights #4.
List of Pennsylvania locations by per capita income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 AM

Thanks for posting those links, Peter Rabbit. I enjoyed purusing them for information about PA and CO.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:43 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Not to be too nosy, but is there a job involved in your move at all? I don't think there are too many people on this forum who would recommend moving to the Pittsburgh area without a job offer in hand.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not to be too nosy, but is there a job involved in your move at all? I don't think there are too many people on this forum who would recommend moving to the Pittsburgh area without a job offer in hand.
There is a job offer yes, but it's WIDE open. My husband could work outside of Philadelphia and he could also work this job outside of Pittsburg. He might even get more work working in the Pittsburg territory so that could be a benefit. But like I said...... it is wide open. He can kind of choose where in PA he wants his territory to be.
Can I ask WHY someone wouldn't recommend the Pittsburg area? I looked at someones photos in a post & the city is beautiful and it sounds like the city has alot less crime than Philadelphia. I would think that effects the outside surrounding subburbs. I was looking up statistics and the towns outside of Pittsburg are safer than the towns in Bucks County we we originally focused on.

I don't really want to live in the most expensive area..... but I DO want to live in a nice area, safe area, family friendly area, great schools ect. But I don't really care about the ENVY factor.

Thanks for everyones input!!

Old 05-18-2008, 11:36 AM

If everyone was going to stay in Pennsylvania but could live pretty much anywhere in PA........ where would you want to move to? Would you stay where you are? or move out to the country? Or just move to a subburb of where you are currently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh