Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2023, 01:49 PM

6,788 posts, read 9,646,596 times

Advertisements

They should put a venue where UPMC has a surface parking lot, right across from Soldiers and Sailors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2023, 02:15 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,743,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
They should put a venue where UPMC has a surface parking lot, right across from Soldiers and Sailors.
Syria Mosque RIP.

Old 11-01-2023, 02:17 PM

4,192 posts, read 2,991,647 times
The Andy Warhol parking lot is slated to become a entertainment venue. This will solidify the block and add density to this area. The rendering looks bland but will mesh well with the surrounding area.

https://triblive.com/aande/museums/w...ainment-venue/

Old 11-02-2023, 07:14 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,743,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The Andy Warhol parking lot is slated to become a entertainment venue. This will solidify the block and add density to this area. The rendering looks bland but will mesh well with the surrounding area.

https://triblive.com/aande/museums/w...ainment-venue/
Yes bland. And in this economy this is a huge gamble.

Old 11-02-2023, 07:35 AM

14,357 posts, read 17,138,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Yes bland. And in this economy this is a huge gamble.
Eh, the Warhol has had substandard event space for years now. This makes sense for them, IMHO.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:54 PM

6,788 posts, read 9,646,596 times
Speaking of the Warhol, does anyone remember a blog about local politics with "Grant Street" in the blog name? I don't think I'm making this up, but I might be. I recall him saying that the Warhol had the world's largest collection of dog penises. Which seems possible. But I've never found anything on Google and I've never been able to figure out who to ask at the museum.

Old 11-14-2023, 01:12 PM

Two big new development items this week.

1. CMU released the renderings of their new Richard King Mellon Hall of Sciences, to be built at the corner of Forbes and N Neville.

Looks pretty nice, especially compared to the crap that is there now. Finally bridges the gap fully between the CMU campus and the S Craig part of Oakland.

2. A planned new 60-unit residential development in Homewood. The new four-story building spans three blocks, and will also contain street-front retail. It is filling in the last major gap around Homewood Station.

Old 11-14-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Two big new development items this week.

1. CMU released the renderings of their new Richard King Mellon Hall of Sciences, to be built at the corner of Forbes and N Neville.

Looks pretty nice, especially compared to the crap that is there now. Finally bridges the gap fully between the CMU campus and the S Craig part of Oakland.

2. A planned new 60-unit residential development in Homewood. The new four-story building spans three blocks, and will also contain street-front retail. It is filling in the last major gap around Homewood Station.
I like the Oakland infill and I really "dig" what CMU has managed to do with that ravine. That section of Oakland has come a long way over a few short years.

The Homewood infill will help to solidify that section of Homewood. It is very close to CCAC(Homewood), the new YMCA, Carnegie Library, and the African American Music Institute. I did not mention its close proximity to the busway and the Everyday Cafe coffee shop.

I should add that the new Homewood football stadium and athletics complex is currently under construction in the adjacent blocks.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:17 PM

In Uptown news, Phoenix on Forbes has finally dropped! This project has been hinted about in Pittsburgh Business Times, but this is the first detailed look (or any sort of look, really) we've gotten of the apartment building. The new building with be six stories, 211 units (10% affordable), and include a small amount of ground-floor commercial. Two existing buildings will be demolished as part of the construction of it, but they are junk industrial structures, with all of the remaining 19th century rowhouses on the block (including around the corner on Marion Street) remaining in place. The design is a bit wild in a good way, I think, with big murals on the articulated sections fronting on Forbes.

This will be a big asset to the continued revitalization of Uptown!

Last edited by eschaton; 12-06-2023 at 12:29 PM..

Old 12-07-2023, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
In Uptown news, Phoenix on Forbes has finally dropped! This project has been hinted about in Pittsburgh Business Times, but this is the first detailed look (or any sort of look, really) we've gotten of the apartment building. The new building with be six stories, 211 units (10% affordable), and include a small amount of ground-floor commercial. Two existing buildings will be demolished as part of the construction of it, but they are junk industrial structures, with all of the remaining 19th century rowhouses on the block (including around the corner on Marion Street) remaining in place. The design is a bit wild in a good way, I think, with big murals on the articulated sections fronting on Forbes.

This will be a big asset to the continued revitalization of Uptown!
This is a near perfect infill project for Uptown. The height is decent and those solar paneled roof is something that I have not seen in these types of residential projects.

Uptown is really coming along and the University Line will cement Uptown as a "preferrered" hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh