Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM

47 posts, read 75,325 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any good ones serving the east side (regent square, edgewood, swissvale, sq.hill) of the city? I have a lot of referrals from friends, but all the agents seem to work primarily out of different parts of the city. Not that there is a problem with that per say, but I would think it would be good to have someone more familiar with some of the neighborhoods that I want to initially start looking at. At this point I have no leads besides just strolling into the squirrell hill howard hanna / prudential.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,245,667 times
You're wise to pick an area specific agent. I'm not familiar with the agents in that area, but I'm certain others will post suggestions for you.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 AM

632 posts, read 1,742,343 times
Lisa Levine in the Shadyside office of Coldwell Banker helped us buy our house in Point Breeze five years ago. We have since referred a handful of friends and family to her (several of whom bought in the East End), and everyone has been very pleased with her services. When we sell this house, we will be using her again. Nice lady, very personable and funny!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:40 AM

540 posts, read 869,889 times
William Stevens from the Coldwell Banker Squirrel Hill office did a great job for us.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM

6,601 posts, read 9,012,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You're wise to pick an area specific agent. I'm not familiar with the agents in that area, but I'm certain others will post suggestions for you.
What is the main advantage of an area specific agent? Should you have multiple agents if you're interested in say Allegheny West and Friendship? Or even more extreme distances, like, Peters Twp, Cranberry, or Murrysville?

Do you have to pay agents at some point even if you don't buy a house they showed you? If not, don't they just "give up" on the picky buyers at a point?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,702,985 times
Erin Marton of PPM Realty. She also runs the Burgh Living blog.

'Burgh Living - Why Pittsburgh?

Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,060,325 times
Disclaimer: I am a licensed agent. If I was looking in that region, I would look through the listings and see who markets that area the most. I love finding deals for people, but I don't' solicit business at all. Actually, I won't help you because it might be a conflict, but generally if I was looking in an area, I would look for the person that has the marketshare in that area. When I am in FL looking to invest, I look to see who has the most listings in the area I am looking. Those people work VERY hard to get all that business, believe me. Don't contact me, contact the person that is working that area hard. You should be in good hands. There are sometimes that doesn't work. Betty Morraca at HH in Sewickley has some market share, but I wouldn't buy a home from her EVER! There are some snakes in the business as well!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 PM

19 posts, read 63,125 times
Default Looking for real estate agent too

H Curtis, how do you get this information about who has the market share in a given area? We are looking in Squirrel Hill. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,551,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnlabe View Post
H Curtis, how do you get this information about who has the market share in a given area? We are looking in Squirrel Hill. Thanks.

Go to the Howard Hanna website and do a search for listings in Squirrel Hill. The Howard Hanna listings will give you the name of the Howard Hanna agent that has the listing. You will not be able to find the name of the Prudential Preferred agent on Howard Hanna's website.

Roz Nieman seems to have a lot of listings.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,581,026 times
Jill Bolner, Howard Hanna Squirrel Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh