Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 PM

94 posts, read 289,658 times

Advertisements

Are there any sports bars that have the NFL Sunday ticket package, and get a nice mixture of fanbases on gameday Sundays to watch the football games? I'm a Bengals fan who has to make a number of weekend trips to Pittsburgh this fall, and I'm not so sure I want to be the only Cincy guy in a bar jam packed with Steelers fans lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,158 times
The following is an all-inclusive list of sports bars in Pittsburgh that cater to a wide variety of non-Steeler fans:

Hope this helps!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM

674 posts, read 1,412,553 times
Good luck... best find a hotel room with a good cable package!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,651,584 times
It's a tough one. Best bet is a hotel bar probably. Although most of 'em won't have the ticket, I suspect, so maybe that's not a good bet. No problem if they're playing the Steelers, of course. You can go anywhere in that case, though not without getting a lot of trash talk (should be friendly, unless you pick a real dive).

There really are fans of other NFL teams in town, really. But I don't know of what place(s) they might gather to watch a game. More likely to have Sunday Ticket at their house, I suppose, or just watch when they can. Hm.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:39 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,651,584 times
Here's a place out in Robinson (general airport vicinity) that says it has Sunday Ticket and even private TVs in the booths. Can't promise it won't be full of Steelers fans, but you can stake out your own little TV perhaps.

Robinson All Star Sports Bar & Grill, Robinson, PA, Pittsburgh, Mall at Robinson, Route 60, Moon, Crafton

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 PM

94 posts, read 289,658 times
Thanks for the feedback thus far.

I guess I'm thinking of a Buffalo Wild Wing's type place, where you get some Steelers fans, some (other) Bengals fans, Browns fans, Jets/Eagles/Redskins, etc.

I guess in pretty much ANY major city, though, the vast majority of the fans will be fans of the hometeam. I just so happen to live in an area that is equidistant from several NFL cities, hence the variety that I'm used to

I DO know there is a Browns bar in Oakland. Strange....

Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,978,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
Thanks for the feedback thus far.

I guess I'm thinking of a Buffalo Wild Wing's type place, where you get some Steelers fans, some (other) Bengals fans, Browns fans, Jets/Eagles/Redskins, etc.

I guess in pretty much ANY major city, though, the vast majority of the fans will be fans of the hometeam. I just so happen to live in an area that is equidistant from several NFL cities, hence the variety that I'm used to

I DO know there is a Browns bar in Oakland. Strange....
We have Buffalo Wild Wings here. I agree that your best bet is someplace like Buffalo Wild Wings or Damons, where there are multiple TVs. You'll probably be able to see your game, but I wouldn't hold my breath about escaping the Black and Gold.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 PM

540 posts, read 868,136 times
Silky's Bar on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill was always popular with my Philly friends while I was at Pitt for watching Eagles games. I hear they still get the NFL package and show the out-of-town games. As for not being the only Bengals fan there, I can't promise that. I mean, what are the odds that the other Bengals fan will be in Pittsburgh too?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,967 times
If you can't find a suitable place after researching, and assuming you have a car, you can always make the trip to more friendly territory in Ohio and find more fans. Steubenville, OH may carry the Bengals regional feed. Looks like 45 mins to an hour drive.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:53 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,010,585 times
Definitely check out Silkys. I'm a Lions fan and that is where I would go back in the day--there were plenty of non-Steelers fans (mostly Eagles, but some others too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh