Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,307,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
No I love the Ocotillo area, it's very fancy. I can't comment on Sun Lakes, but I've spent a lot of time around Ocotillo and there's no farm smell there. It's mostly to the east, in the south Gilbert area that I've noticed that. But there's certain random small farms in any part of the south of the 202 that I've gotten a whiff. I can't pinpoint any though.
No, it's true of the Ocotillo area too. In fact, I've gotten gas at that Sams Club on Arizona avenue and the 202 and you can smell the poop there which is north of Ocotillo. It's only worse the further south you go. I like Ocotillo and it is fancy but it can also smell like poop on occasion. That wouldn't prevent me from moving there but I'm just being honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,283,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No, it's true of the Ocotillo area too. In fact, I've gotten gas at that Sams Club on Arizona avenue and the 202 and you can smell the poop there which is north of Ocotillo. It's only worse the further south you go. I like Ocotillo and it is fancy but it can also smell like poop on occasion. That wouldn't prevent me from moving there but I'm just being honest.
There are no dairy's near Ocotillo, but that Sams club on Arizona Avenue is just to the West of a dairy. I have never, not once, smelled cows in the Ocotillo area. Maybe a little to the East and North, but not in Ocotillo, which has no remaining dairy's within 3 miles. The Dugan one on Dobson that you are probably thinking of (the guy that had signs), is closed and Maracay is building homes on it. The smell is gone.

EDIT: The only dairies I can think of in the area, is the one just East of Sams club (South Side of Santan, East of Arizona Avenue), and one at the NEC of McQueen and Queen Creek, which is a planned business park at Chandler Airport. Nothing else within close proximity of Ocotillo.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:40 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,578,016 times
The one on McQueen and Queen Creek can staaaank at times. I don't know though, I think that there's far more in Gilbert nevertheless, thus making it more noticeable there. But maybe that's just me or my imagination. I truly haven't noticed it as much in Chandler south of the 202 as I have in Gilbert south of the 202.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:17 PM

725 posts, read 2,323,376 times
Gilbert and Chandler are the same to me - both Suburban and pretty safe for the most part.

Gilbert just seems it would be farther away and a longer drive on the Commute times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area