Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,285,923 times

Advertisements

downtown glendale is not a place for a single person to live - or really most people to live

as a guy who went to school in philadelphia and loved the urban environment I have to say you wont find that out here

i currently live in goodyear, but i'm now of the married with a newborn baby crowd .... i absolutely love it in goodyear, but wouldn't consider it a singles mecca

when I first moved down I stayed in the arrowhead area by the mall - this would be an easy commute to the SW valley - all freeway and against traffic - but still be close to a ton of bars/restaurants as well as being 10 minutes from the stadiums and about 20 minutes from the bars of north scottsdale or the desert ridge area

westgate would be another good option

also don't worry about bad parts - if you actually lived in philly and weren't sheltered in bucks county or the mainline you'll find that phoenix is a very quiet, very safe city .... maybe even a bit boring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area