Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Thanks for the reply

My husband and I are going to limit our employment to the Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler areas until he is ready to set up office at home or in a business office. He is a certified counsellor, hypnotherapy facilitator, regressionist and a Cisco certified networker. I am a historical researcher, but until I can build a client list in AZ I'll be looking for employment in office management. Okay, so it doesn't have to be office management. I'll be so glad to be back in the USA that I would be happy to work at just about anything until I find the right job
ME too! I am a licensed therapist and I have a private practice doing hypnotherapy. I gotta tell you that we have a lot of them out here. There's a school in Tempe that has continuous classes and "graduates" many every few months. Check out craigslist in the office section as there is a guy trying to lease out his office a few days a week. He's way out east somewhere. He's posted this ad for months with no luck.

What kind of "certified counselor" is he? Is he a Master level therapist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,661 times
His counselling certifications are for standard personal or family counselling. He was actually offered a job with a psychologist when we were still in AZ back in 2001, but since the INS couldn't find a way for him to have a temporary Green Card (those British allies might be dangerous ya know!) while we sorted out residency papers he was forced to turn it down, along with two other fairly lucrative jobs For the last few years he has been training and practicing in the Milton Erickson method of hypnotherapy. Hubby should have his final qualifications within the next few months. But he has also been allowed to take on clients and he has built up a good list. Until he has his certifications in hypnotherapy he will not charge a fee and instead prefers to do the sessions for free to build up his recommendations. I know quite a few have never done any formal training and are charging quite hefty fees. For my husband its a matter of ethics. Because of my 25 years experience as a genealogist, family historian and historical researcher we now offer to research anything that the clients might wish to know more about after a regression. However, I do not know which client is requesting the research and I will only be given the bits of information that they would like verified or researched. Also bear in mind that psychology and counselling certifications are attained much quicker in the UK than in the US. Most likely because the student is allowed to concentrate on the areas they wish to major in instead of having to do all the extra courses. My husband's certs were enough to impress the psychologist who wished to hire him

I've seen the Tempe site you are refering to. Still not sure about them until I can actually visit. Have you any experience with the school in question?

Old 04-22-2007, 12:07 PM

I have taken a couple of classes at the Tempe school. My overall impression is that they are training anyone who pays for it and most have no experience with anything that they should be. They are essentially counseling people but just don't call it that. I really believe those who practice hypnotherapy should be licensed therapists with master's degrees. However, the U.S. doesn't believe that, at least not yet. Certification out here is optional and most receive some sort of certification from certifying bodies that are a joke. I don't believe in certification from these places.

Erickson is a great way to be trained. What's great about going this route is that you have to have the education to be accepted.

We have so many "life coaches" and "certified hypnotherapists" who are not qualified to be talking or helping anyone. I even have found a few who graduated from the Tempe school with an AA "degree" (that is only transferable to one private university in the state) who calls themselves psychologists! It makes me sick!

Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I have taken a couple of classes at the Tempe school. My overall impression is that they are training anyone who pays for it and most have no experience with anything that they should be. They are essentially counseling people but just don't call it that. I really believe those who practice hypnotherapy should be licensed therapists with master's degrees. However, the U.S. doesn't believe that, at least not yet. Certification out here is optional and most receive some sort of certification from certifying bodies that are a joke. I don't believe in certification from these places.

Erickson is a great way to be trained. What's great about going this route is that you have to have the education to be accepted.

We have so many "life coaches" and "certified hypnotherapists" who are not qualified to be talking or helping anyone. I even have found a few who graduated from the Tempe school with an AA "degree" (that is only transferable to one private university in the state) who calls themselves psychologists! It makes me sick!
This is where ethics comes into play, isn't it? So many view this as the new and easy way to make lots and lots of money without taking into account the possible ramifications of their actions. They seem to discount that there is a difference between being a hypnotherapist, which requires degree levels of PhD, MD or the equivalent, or being a Hypnotherapy Facilitator or Curative Hypnotherapist, which, although not requiring the higher levels of degrees should at least include formal training in counselling and some hands-on knowledge of working with people in a professional setting. I must clarify that certifications in the UK require a higher level of education than "certification" courses in the USA. How to explain it? Hmmm...many certifications are the equivalent of at least a BSc, which is aquired without having to take the general courses of English, Mathematics, etc... The study is concentrated in the main areas of interest. However, this does NOT allow my husband to call himself a psychologist! I'm glad to say that my husband has very staunch ethics and morals around the areas of psychology, other people's pyches and issues of vulnerability.

Since we are on the topic, can you recommend a good company who offer a fair rate for indemnity insurance in this field?

Old 04-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
This is where ethics comes into play, isn't it? So many view this as the new and easy way to make lots and lots of money without taking into account the possible ramifications of their actions. They seem to discount that there is a difference between being a hypnotherapist, which requires degree levels of PhD, MD or the equivalent, or being a Hypnotherapy Facilitator or Curative Hypnotherapist, which, although not requiring the higher levels of degrees should at least include formal training in counselling and some hands-on knowledge of working with people in a professional setting. I must clarify that certifications in the UK require a higher level of education than "certification" courses in the USA. How to explain it? Hmmm...many certifications are the equivalent of at least a BSc, which is aquired without having to take the general courses of English, Mathematics, etc... The study is concentrated in the main areas of interest. However, this does NOT allow my husband to call himself a psychologist! I'm glad to say that my husband has very staunch ethics and morals around the areas of psychology, other people's pyches and issues of vulnerability.

Since we are on the topic, can you recommend a good company who offer a fair rate for indemnity insurance in this field?

I never heard of hypnotherapy facilitator or curative hypnotherapist. There's different terminology in every country. Usually people call themselves hypnotherapists (usually either clinical or certified) or hypnotists.

I don't know of any insurance companies, sorry!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
If you will be buying (building) a new house, you can ask about "sealing" you house -- which can drastically reduce the chances that creatures will get in. Combine that with a very good pest exterminator company, and you should be pretty well covered. Also, try not to put in Palm trees -- as these tend to attract scorpions.
How do you know that palm trees attract scorpions? I have an acre of land. Do you think a palm tree on the back of my property would help keep scorpions back there and away from my house or just draw more scorpions altogether?

Old 10-07-2007, 06:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Yahoo article (broken link)

Queen Creek housing market in free fall-------no one knows where the 'bottom' is.

What is especially ironic is I used to live 1 mile from some of the affected areas in 1990-94

Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 PM

45 posts, read 166,226 times
Quote:
Could some kind souls provide the low down on all of the Town of Queen Creek as well as Queen Creek unincorporated housing developments? Which are the best and which are the worst?

I don't know much about the neighborhoods but here's a list of most of them if it helps with your research. Maybe some people know them and can tell you more about them

Bonanza Highlands
Cambria
Canyon Rock
Castlegate
Chandler Heights Citrus
Cimarron
Circle cross
Circle Cross Ranch
Circle Cross Sunrise
Crcle G
Crismon heights
Crismon meadows
Copper basin
Cortina
Emperor Estates
Goldmine mountain
Halstead
Hidden Canyon
Highland ranch
Indigo Trails
Johnson ranch
Langley Gateway
Laredo ranch
Laredo Ranch voyage
Las praderas
Magic ranch
Meadow vista
Montalbano
Morning Sun Farms
Mountain Vista
Ocotillo Landing
Pecan creek
Quail hollow
Queen creek country
Queen Creek Ranchettes
Queen Creek Suburban Ranches
Queenland Manor
Rancho Bella Vista
Rancho del Rey
Ranchos Jardines
Remington Heights
San Marqui Estates
San tan heights
San tan ranch
Sossaman Estates
Sun Valley Farms
Superstition Views
Skyline ranch
Talladera
Taylor Ranch
The Greens
The village at copper basin
The villages at castlegate
The villages at San tan heights
Valley of the sun estates
Villages at Queen Creek
Vineyard Estates
Wayne Ranch
Will Rogers Equestrian Ranch

Last edited by jorgitoz; 10-07-2007 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Deleted html codes

Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 PM

15 posts, read 43,272 times
I live in the oasis at magic ranch which is inbetween copper basin and anthem at merrill ranch. I think that it is a great place to live. I work in Scottsdale and it takes me about an hour and a half to get to work. It sucks but in the long run...I gotta house on the golf course for next to nothing and they are growin like crazy. We moved here 3 months ago and the safeway just opened!! yay we dont have to pack a lunch to go o the grocery store anymore=) lol But what it comes down to is what will my house be worth in 10 yrs and as far as my job, I can transfer to Queen creek or Coolidge but I Love where I am so until get tired of the commute I will stay in Scottsdale.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:32 PM

9 posts, read 33,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
My girlfriend and I were looking at new builds in the queen creek area.

The market seems to be dipping right now.

I have friends who just bought a house there, the only problem is they both work in downtown phoenix.

They get up mighty early to make the commute, and driving 2-3 hours roundtrip every work day might wear on you.

I think the area is rapidly growing, once more freeways are built to ease the congestion, that will increase the lure of queen creek.

On the other hand, would that really increase the lure of queen creek? Maybe people like nature just how it is without all that stuff.
i work in north phoenix and live in ccr i love living out here i hate the drive but thats whey i bougtht a car that gets 34mpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area