Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:25 AM

75 posts, read 344,957 times

Advertisements

Hello All.

I think I may have finally convinced my Hubby to move back to Gilbert. I've been gone for a couple of years. We visit about 3 times a year. I was wondering what the best schools in the area are? I remember Carol Rae Elem and Ashland Elem were good. I now have a child close to school age so this had become very important. I heard Gilbert and Highland High are good too. What about Higley or the new one Williams Field? I know High School is far away but I plan on staying in my house along time.

Oh, and what developments have a school in them? I love the idea of walking with my son to school everyday! Sorry, for all of the questions! one more.... does Higley Groves have a school close by?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 02:04 PM

341 posts, read 1,488,287 times
Hellooooooo! I use to live right off of Baseline & Gilbert Rd. There was a nice Elementary school(Houston Elem) behind my house & both the Middle school & Highschool almost as close! My Nephew & Niece attend the schools by Freestone park.(Gilbert High) Both LOVE school & are good students involved in several sports now. Several websites will give you good stats on the Gilbert schools. Overall, all of the schools are well funded and it shows! Lucky Lucky Lucky you for moving back! I rue the day we ever left! Stuck in Southern IN now and YUCK! lol! Out west IS Best! We're bidding out of here! Good luck!

Old 04-06-2007, 02:14 PM

75 posts, read 344,957 times
Thanks! I really hope I can get us there! We were both born and raised in Seattle and thought we had to give it one more chance since we have a child, but It snowed on Monday! The rain is more depressing when you don;t see it for 5 years and go back.

I'll check the areas, and thankyou MicheleVanDetti for the web address for the schools. Is the new San Tan Mall finished yet? We were there in Dec and it had made some progress!

I miss inn-n-out burger.......yummy! We don't even have a Sonic, and no Pei Wei.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM

341 posts, read 1,488,287 times
We'll be going back to visit mid-June. Not sure if the mall's completed but imagine it should be. I miss Filibertos & stuff myself on it when we visit. I'm currently sitting in the worst area(IN/KY) I've EVER lived in. It's snowing,windy & ugly! I need sun & a modern state! Definitely backwoods here & the economy is terrible. I'll take a state with money that spends it on schools & progress any old day! We're bidding OUT asap. We'd considered Portland OR but too rainy. Sun please! LOL! Good luck and race you there!

Old 04-06-2007, 03:08 PM

28 posts, read 129,073 times
I think the San Tan mall is pretty much up and running. You wouldn't believe the progress out here. I live at Signal Butte and Elliot and since November they've built a huge shopping center 2 miles from me. A movie theater is coming in soon as well, but I'm worried that it's going to be right by the LA Fitness I go to. I can just see myself planning to go to the gym but checking out a movie instead.

And no problem sending the school site. Moderator cut: Realtor promoting services.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,967,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamommy1 View Post
Hello All.

I think I may have finally convinced my Hubby to move back to Gilbert. I've been gone for a couple of years. We visit about 3 times a year. I was wondering what the best schools in the area are? I remember Carol Rae Elem and Ashland Elem were good. I now have a child close to school age so this had become very important. I heard Gilbert and Highland High are good too. What about Higley or the new one Williams Field? I know High School is far away but I plan on staying in my house along time.

Oh, and what developments have a school in them? I love the idea of walking with my son to school everyday! Sorry, for all of the questions! one more.... does Higley Groves have a school close by?

Thanks in advance.

Val Vista Lakes Elementary and Greenfield Elementary are very good too.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Oh, and by the way, Higley Groves is in the Highland Elementary district I believe. And I'm sorry if an offer to help someone is considered promoting services. I thought I was just being helpful.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,179,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleVanDetti View Post
Oh, and by the way, Higley Groves is in the Highland Elementary district I believe. And I'm sorry if an offer to help someone is considered promoting services. I thought I was just being helpful.
There are ways to help without looking like your promoting your services. For one, telling someone to contact you if they want your help sounds like promoting. I am also a realtor, but I have never had my posts edited as I help people without telling them to contact me. I just find out info when I see a need. Oftentimes I look on the mls to give specific info on an area as I end up getting curious about it myself.

Plus, having your name as your handle is a signal that you may be looking for business. It happens a lot on these types of forums, realtors looking for business. Personally, I'm here for fun and to help people. I don't really have time for more business, but sometimes people contact me out of the blue for some advice, or as possible lead, but so far nothing has panned out. And that's totally fine!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:25 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
There are ways to help without looking like your promoting your services. For one, telling someone to contact you if they want your help sounds like promoting. I am also a realtor, but I have never had my posts edited as I help people without telling them to contact me. I just find out info when I see a need. Oftentimes I look on the mls to give specific info on an area as I end up getting curious about it myself.

Plus, having your name as your handle is a signal that you may be looking for business. It happens a lot on these types of forums, realtors looking for business. Personally, I'm here for fun and to help people. I don't really have time for more business, but sometimes people contact me out of the blue for some advice, or as possible lead, but so far nothing has panned out. And that's totally fine!
It's OT but since it came up let me comment on this. The realtor thing is a difficult issue. The realtors that come on here are usually a very good source of info and their comments can be very valuable. That said, the moderations guidelines we (mods) have say no promotion of services and specifically includes saying "PM me for more info". It's OK to say you are a realtor. Maybe folks can pick up on that and contact you if they want.

Anyway, realtors are welcome and encouraged to participate within the rules set forth by the forum owners.

Now back to Gilbert....

Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post

It's a tough thing. Number one, I use my name as my handle because I'm a newlywed and I like my new name. I'm trying to get used to the rules on this board.

I know exactly what you mean by going and checking the MLS and doing other research because I get curious about what the topic is. It's funny, because I don't have time to screw around either, but I'm the kind of woman who likes to have the answers. I love living in the area and I like using what I know to help others. I relocated here and wish that I'd had this kind of a resource at my fingertips! Oh, the stress I could have saved myself as a single mom of a 3 year old at the time!

So, back to Gilbert. LOL. It's really a great city. I can only think of one Gilbert school I've heard negative things about, and it had to do with the nasty politics of the PTSO (Arizonan for PTA) and not the quality of the education at all. I'm lucky enough to live in the area of SE Mesa that is served by the Gilbert school district. I have a seven year old son who is really thriving. I'm thrilled with what's going on at his school.

My husband knows what you mean by the nasty weather where you are right now. He grew up in Northern KY and Cincinatti, and he's happy to report that he never has to shovel a driveway again.

As a mom, I'm sure you can appreciate how awesome it is to only have to worry about socks and sweatshirts getting lost a couple months out of the year. I keep my kid in sandals and T-shirts. My sister is in Montana and complains about keeping track of jackets and coats and mittens and scarves, etc. Here I just have to make sure I'm stocked up on sunscreen and bottled water. This is the life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area