Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Having lived in both places-----------Frisco loses pitifully.
SF loses pitifully in the 'strip mall' department! Along with unbearably hot weather! Along with culture! Along with character! Along with chain restaurants! Along with sprawl! Along with history! Along with NOT having an un-educated workforce!

Your right, SF does lose "pitifully against Phoenix"! I stand corrected!....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,364,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
Lol, that is funny.. Ice fishing
I know you think I am kidding about this. I know in Iowa they build entire cities on the ice. People out there cutting holes in the ice staying in these temporary structures and spending the time looking for fish. I am sure that is all that happens out there on those frozen lakes. Not that drinking and fishing have ever been mentioned in the same sentence.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
SF loses pitifully in the 'strip mall' department! Along with unbearably hot weather! Along with culture! Along with character! Along with chain restaurants! Along with sprawl! Along with history! Along with NOT having an un-educated workforce!

Unbearably hot weather? Yeah right............factoring that SF was too damn cold for me most of the time.

Again: the trump card over Frisco is that a regular working person (illegal aliens do not count) can actually afford to by a home here------------can one do that in the overpriced Bay Area? I think not.

As for the 'culture' aspect: SF has a few things of interest for me-----------flip side, Phx area quite a few things that intrigue me that Frisco lacks so it is a wash.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:14 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
There are no boring places, only boring people.
Isn't that the truth!

When my pre-teen nephews come visit and sit in front of the tv and say "I'm borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred." I always say, nope....you are boring. It really gets them mad enough to turn the tv off and go have some fun.

I'm guessing the OP has this same mindset. Sad, really.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 AM

587 posts, read 1,421,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
the comment on april weather, last year was the exact opposite of this year so far. Last year was wet, windy and hot. I thought i remember last time this year it was hot by now. This new wind in Phoenix is strange. I ask people that have been here for a while and they say this is new. It's windy every day now.
Yeah, the wind is definitely a new trend. I like breezes, but the wind is not so great.

I remember for the first few years that I lived here always commenting to my family back in Minnesota about how still it was and how you didn't really even get a breeze in the house when you opened up the windows because there was just NO WIND. It was very strange to me.

Of course now that it's really windy I open up the house and it immediately gets full of dust!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:57 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,616 times
Windy is soooooo trendy and soooooooooo yesterday.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 AM

235 posts, read 756,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post

This is seriously appalling. Phoenix is not even in the same league as San Fran. Having been to both places, unfortunately living in Phoenix. San Fransisco is a heaven and Phoenix is hell. Those who say just up and move, get a clue! Moving is extremely expensive, Phoenix has a sinkhole effect. This place will suck you in! The Arizona fan boys may something different to say, and that is fine. But it seems that every time some one has a negative opinion, they freak out, and say that "These Phoenix haters have been flooding the boards for years with their opinions!" I have already figured out the so called "happy" Phoenicians.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:12 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,309,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
This is seriously appalling. Phoenix is not even in the same league as San Fran. Having been to both places, unfortunately living in Phoenix. San Fransisco is a heaven and Phoenix is hell. Those who say just up and move, get a clue! Moving is extremely expensive, Phoenix has a sinkhole effect. This place will suck you in! The Arizona fan boys may something different to say, and that is fine. But it seems that every time some one has a negative opinion, they freak out, and say that "These Phoenix haters have been flooding the boards for years with their opinions!" I have already figured out the so called "happy" Phoenicians.
I don't have a problem with someone who dislikes Phoenix. This place isn't for everyone. However, you do have a choice to move. Actions speak louder than words. You can say whatever you want but the fact that you are still here speaks volumes. If you truly disliked this place, you would have moved. Saying Phoenix has a "sinkhole effect" makes no sense whatsoever and is proof that you couldn't think of a better excuse. You obviously just want to complain about Phoenix but you are too proud to admit that you don't dislike it enough to move. That's okay, there are a lot of haters like you on this forum. You want to bash Phoenix, but you don't want to move. And then when you do leave, you want to come back like the member 'Lovegun.' I bet you are still in Phoenix in a year. All you are doing is making Phoenix look really good because if it's staunchest critics won't leave Phoenix, how bad of a place can it really be. Thanks for your endorsement

Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 AM

235 posts, read 756,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I don't have a problem with someone who dislikes Phoenix. This place isn't for everyone. However, you do have a choice to move. Actions speak louder than words. You can say whatever you want but the fact that you are still here speaks volumes. If you truly disliked this place, you would have moved. Saying Phoenix has a "sinkhole effect" makes no sense whatsoever and is proof that you couldn't think of a better excuse. You obviously just want to complain about Phoenix but you are too proud to admit that you don't dislike it enough to move. That's okay, there are a lot of haters like you on this forum. You want to bash Phoenix, but you don't want to move. And then when you do leave, you want to come back like the member 'Lovegun.' I bet you are still in Phoenix in a year. All you are doing is making Phoenix look really good because if it's staunchest critics won't leave Phoenix, how bad of a place can it really be. Thanks for your endorsement
Actually the reason I'm still in Phoenix is financial. You do not know me well enough to make assumptions of my closet Phoenix love. I do believe sinkhole is an appropriate comparison to Phoenix .Sinkhole; A natural depression in a land surface.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,309,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
Actually the reason I'm still in Phoenix is financial. You do not know me well enough to make assumptions of my closet Phoenix love. I do believe sinkhole is an appropriate comparison to Phoenix .Sinkhole; A natural depression in a land surface.
Oh please, all the haters claim their reason for being here is financial but then they are still here years later. I bet you will still be here a year from now bashing Phoenix and claiming the same excuse. That's okay, we still love you and accept you as a part of the community; we know you don't want to leave. Some people just enjoy venting but don't mean it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area