Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 AM

18 posts, read 37,766 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I'm not a "poster" or whatever you call them--but I need some answers and help! I have four kids 15, 13, 11, and 11. We are moving to the Phx area in early June. I've read about great schools and neighborhoods and parks etc. I've seen nothing about great sports programs. Oldest is son who'll be a sophomore in HS--wants a great team (championship quality) where he can be running back (football). 13 yr. daughter is an excellent athlete--soccer, volleyball, basketball and track. She isn't sure what she likes most. Would appreciate a good middle school (8th grader) that has good sports teams and good (encouraging) coaches. Twin boys (6th grade) are into rec b-ball and also junior football. I see there are Pop Warner leagues--any suggestions of best teams (again good quality teams and coaches?) I so appreciate the help! I'm a stay at home mom--so I can drive to wherever I need to--if that helps. One more thing--we'll be moving in June--hopefully so we can get them plugged into sports clubs in early summer so they get to know some kids. Looking mostly in Gilbert area, then maybe Mesa and Scottsdale. Really leaning toward Gilbert though! Thanks for all the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
check out http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateMain.mxp/Arizona

Old 03-26-2007, 08:28 AM

121 posts, read 546,300 times
LvnLarj: I, too, am leaving Michigan but in May. Where abouts in Mich are you from? Let me guess: are you another victim of the auto industry or Pfizer??

Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM

51 posts, read 239,010 times
Michiganders UNITE! I'm moving in May. Why are you getting out out of the one state recession that we call home?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
You want to move in the Mountain Ridge HS area of Glendale (Arrowhead). The football team is excellent and the middle school (and its sports programs) is excellent. Mountain Ridge has been at the top of AZ high school lists for years (along with Highland HS in Gilbert if you're bent on that area).

Old 03-26-2007, 11:43 PM

We're from Brighton. But we are thankful that this is a promotion--as his job is not related in anyway to Pfizer or the auto industry. What about you? Isn't it pathetic here? Plus I've hated the cold since I've been an adult. Time to GO!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:45 PM

We're leaving a a result of my husband's promotion. Yes, the recession is bad here--but the cold weather is even worse. I can't take it anymore! Glad to be going ! How 'bout you?

Old 03-26-2007, 11:46 PM

jco--where is this located inrelation to Phoenix. My husband's office will be in the southeast corner of Phoenix proper. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:57 PM

What a great site! Thaks for the info! It will definitely help!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 PM

TeacherGuyMI,
Have you looked out on the east coast? My nephew started teaching there right after graduation-and they started him at 45k. I know the cost of living is higher--but he's doing very well and enjoys the weather--much milder. They call off school if there's just a chance of snow. Ha! He loves it. He works/lives near the Bethesda area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area