Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:32 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,178,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre5140 View Post
Saddlebaby:

I would take your word over mine since I have only visited several times and have studied the RE market only recently. I know 2005 seems to be the watershed year for metro Phoenix...people were tripping over themselves to move there.

I've seen on a couple real estate sites where a handful of homes take a bit longer to sell. I can't remember where I saw that "35 days on market" statistic but it was pretty recent (certainly not 2005).

Regardless, even after being on the market for one year is good compared to what we're dealing with in Michigan. Granted, I can only speak for Southeast (Detroit Metro) region as the western and northern parts of the state fair MUCH better. Also, I still bet many homes out there are selling for or close to asking price.

Again, I trust your analysis but lvnlarj is probably used to Michigan markets much like myself until I spent time in Phoenix and realized, "Hey, there are good economies out in this country!"

Where abouts are you located?

I don't know what our average days on market is. But I see more and more that are 6 months or longer on the market.

I am in North Glendale, just east of Arrowhead area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,178,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnlarj View Post
Sablebaby,
I read somewhere else that you are a realtor. what would your recommendation be for us? 4 kids, 15, 13, 11, 11--3 boys and a girl--all really into sports and most of them have 3.9 gpa or better (need good/challenging schools). We also need ROOM--boys require more "bumping" room! Hubby's office is on E. Cotton Center Rd 4000 block. I'd like to keep it under 600K--but not be at the top of the neighborhood. Am I asking for the impossible???? Thanks!
I think Gilbert would be a good place for you and your family. I looked on the MLS for homes $550-$600k, with 5-6 bedrooms, and 3+ baths. I found 44 listed and they are really nice homes. All are around 3700-4300 sf or so. However, they are on 7-12k sf lots! So, yes that will be an adjustment!!!! I don't you think you should run into trouble finding a nice home.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:10 PM

18 posts, read 37,785 times
Thanks! That's about where we've been looking online! Now I'm starting to get excitd aobut coming out and actaully seeing these places! Any and all info is thoroughly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area