Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 09:49 AM

53 posts, read 117,704 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to have a pool installed into our back yard. I would like to ask for recommendations for a good reputable pool builder. I have checked www.rippoffreport.com (broken link) and there seems to be quite a few complaints on there for various pool builders in Arizona.

I live in Surprise, the NW Valley.

Also, are certain types of pools more expensive than others? We are looking for something really simple like a retangular shaped pool. I have heard salt water is better and less maintenance than others, is this true?

Please shower me with all your pool knowledge so I don't get ripped off like so many others have.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 04:10 PM

6 posts, read 29,911 times
I used Dolphin Pools Dolphin Pools no complaints at all with these guys. Everything went very smooth!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:59 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
Presidential Pools just finished out pool last thursday and we've been happy so far. Took them about 5 weeks from start to finish and it turned out great. I would recommend Presidential Pools. Bill in the Goodyear office designed our pool for us and he went WAY above and beyond and created a beautiful pool. We went with a salt water system which cost about $1000 more but will be easier to maintain.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:44 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem View Post
I used Dolphin Pools Dolphin Pools no complaints at all with these guys. Everything went very smooth!

I second this recommendation. Easy to work with. Great customer service.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,296 times
WHat does it cost to add a basic pool

Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,424 times
Wow, you reactivated a really old post, but as to your question....the price depends on how basic you want to go. You can DIY it and hire a contractor/project manager and then piece out the work to different contractors or you can use a pool builder. It has been awhile since I talked to someone who did it themselves and I believe they said it cost them in the $7k to $10K range for a play pool. I think the cheapest when you use a pool builder will be around the $15K price area. That's what I paid about 10 years ago for a decent looking play pool. Since all construction related prices have stagnated and the recent advertising I have seen confirm this, then IMO that is a starting price for a basic no frills play pool.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 AM

11 posts, read 76,174 times
We built a custom in-ground pool and spa last year in Anthem and highly recommend Saturn Pools. The owner, Nate Green, came highly recommended by an Anthem neighbor and he immediately struck us as very scrupulous and honest and he actively oversaw every aspect of the construction. He's easy to talk to and really stands behind the pool once it is in. We got 3 estimates and I carefully compared them and Saturn's seemed the clearest and least "slick." We have had no problems at all and if we ever move and build another pool, there is no question that we will use Saturn. I'm always glad to have an opportunity to recommend them.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 6,096 times
We have just purchased a home in Scottsdale, near Rio Verde. We are planning to put in a pool, and I am reading all I can. We are trying to decide between salt water and regular, vs mineral, and I was most interested in the post from SYFer above. You said you got three estimates. Did you draw up your own plans or use one of the businesses that gave you your estimate? We currently live in Minnesota, moving soon, and, frankly, I do not know where to start to decide who to hire to put in a pool, bbq, and courtyard, walls, etc. Any advice, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,627 times
I have been the surprise area and I'm looking to build a pool I have seen several advertisement for play pool of 18K of the bus. And wanted to know if somebody out there knew of a reputable pool company that has reasonably low rates. Or does anybody out there know of a specific pool builder that I can use to build my own pool as that does come out cheaper any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-24-2016, 09:26 PM

13,243 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Who ever you go with make sure you sign off on each stage of the work and if something isn't right don't let them talk you into moving to the next stage or pay them any more money. Example in my case was my plumbing was being replaced part of the test was to hold water pressure for 2 days at 30 psi so they sealed the system with a water hose spigot. It didn't hold pressure for more then 6 hours. I called the foremen he came out and said it was due to my pump seal because I was re-using my pump. I wanted him to seal off the pump and do the test again he talked me out of it. A year later I noticed water level was going down when I called the contractor had gone out of business. They had been in business for 30 years but the economic downturn in 2008 they were not able to make it. I had to have another contractor fix the plumbing at my expense. If I had not let them pour the deck and find the leak could have been taken care of right there. Check their ROC online if they say they have been in business for 10 years but their ROC license is 2 years old something isn't right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area