Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 AM

99 posts, read 386,800 times

Advertisements

My Mom & I will be heading to Phoenix next week to have some mom & daughter alone time (without the grandkids ) & she wants to check out Sun City
We'll be staying at
Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities
16741 N. Greasewood Street
Surprise, AZ, US 85374

Is that a decent area?

Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 AM

824 posts, read 2,336,548 times
The actual area just beyond that hotel is not a great one to walk around, but you are not going to be doing that anyway due to the heat. The hotel itself should be fine. I have heard that the Windmill Suites right nearby has better accommodations, but check prices and make the decision based on both factors.

There is also a Holiday Inn Express a mile or so away on Bullard Avenue near Surprise Stadium. It is a bit dusty over there because of ongoing commercial construction, but the hotel looks nice and is brand new.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Default Changed Motel choices

OK I canceled the other Motel & decided to stay here instead
Days Inn & Suites Surprise AZ
12477 West Bell Road
I-17, to 101 West, Bell Road
Surprise, AZ 85374 US

Is this area OK??

Thanks

Old 06-20-2008, 03:58 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishin4sun View Post
OK I canceled the other Motel & decided to stay here instead
Days Inn & Suites Surprise AZ
12477 West Bell Road
I-17, to 101 West, Bell Road
Surprise, AZ 85374 US

Is this area OK??

Thanks
Thats the older part of surprise, the holiday inn is in the "new" part of surprise. Anything west of grand on bell is considered newer part of surprise from what i can tell.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Thats the older part of surprise, the holiday inn is in the "new" part of surprise. Anything west of grand on bell is considered newer part of surprise from what i can tell.

Thanks for the info

Old 06-20-2008, 07:21 PM

The Days Inn is basically in the same area as the Quality and Windmill. It is not "bad, bad" in the sense that you are in any danger on the facility's grounds. But wandering around the area (on foot) would be unwise. Really, there is not much of anything close enough to wander to. I go to a few of the stores/restaurants a short drive from those hotels, but walking from one place to another is just not done here generally.

You will be fine at any of the choices. Outside of the planned subdivisions or mountain trails, Arizona is just not very pedestrian friendly.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
The Days Inn is basically in the same area as the Quality and Windmill. It is not "bad, bad" in the sense that you are in any danger on the facility's grounds. But wandering around the area (on foot) would be unwise. Really, there is not much of anything close enough to wander to. I go to a few of the stores/restaurants a short drive from those hotels, but walking from one place to another is just not done here generally.

You will be fine at any of the choices. Outside of the planned subdivisions or mountain trails, Arizona is just not very pedestrian friendly.
OH OK lets see in 04 I stayed with my family at the
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex

8473 West Paradise Ln. , Peoria, AZ,

We liked the Hotel & the area was find from what I remember is it still alright?

Thanks

Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
"OH OK lets see in 04 I stayed with my family at the
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
8473 West Paradise Ln. , Peoria, AZ,
We liked the Hotel & the area was find from what I remember is it still alright?
Thanks "
Yes, that area is good. Pretty busy area with a dozen or more restaurants right nearby. It is fifteen to twenty minutes east of the Surprise hotels, which are also fine. Have some In-N-Out Burger for lunch.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
We recently stayed at the Days Inn Surprise and it's a fine place to stay. You'll need to drive a mile or so to get to the shopping and eating areas of Surprise but it's not bad at all. For the price we were happy with the Day's Inn.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
I Hope this will help

Sun City hotel | Best Western Inn & Suites of Sun City | Sun City, Arizona

Sun City Arizona AZ: a GREAT place to visit, play & retire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area