Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:33 PM

96 posts, read 616,445 times

Advertisements

Are there any decent golf courses in the Phoenix metro area where you can walk 18 holes for $30 or less per person? I know sometimes the weekend rates and time of day and holidays and all can effect the price but I'm just looking for something around that range. I know Phoenix is home to hundreds of courses including some of the country's best, but I am just looking for something fairly nice but nothing too special that would drain my wallet.

Any links that include prices and all or just your personal knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 04:11 PM

401 posts, read 2,604,411 times
One time when we were out there we played Aguila golf course. Im almost sure it wasnt more than $30 dollars. It was actually a nice course too for the price. Definately check it out, its a pretty nice course that we enjoyed and Im almost sure its not anymore than $30 dollars

Old 03-18-2008, 04:13 PM

401 posts, read 2,604,411 times
Here's a link for it - Aguila Golf Course | Aguila Golf Course

Look at the comments below it. Many people say that it is a great course that isnt too expensive. Looking at the greens fees, I guess it is more than $30 dollars. It says $49 dollars but $29 dollars for twilight fees. Try it out, I dont think you will be disappointed for the price

Old 03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,330 times
There are lots of courses all over the Valley that you can play for under $30. They will be harder to find in the winter as that is the high season but from April to October you will have no problem. I will include a link for the southwest golf pass which gets you discounts at a lot of courses around the valley. The card costs $125 but you usually get a couple free rounds at the course where you buy it. For me it only takes using the card about 6 times for it to pay for itself. You also can go to Golfnow.com and sign up for emails that send you daily specials.

Southwest Golf Pass. Packages, discounts, coupons.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:20 PM

Thanks Scottie and RCR. That southwest golf pass seems like a pretty good deal but we are going to be there for only 4 days and might only have time for 1 or 2 rounds while we are there but will keep that in mind if we are ever there for a longer period of time.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
This website looked pretty interesting...lets you book online for a good discount. Be careful though, no refunds once you make the reservation.

Tee time online reservations by Thegolfcourses.net

Old 03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMover08 View Post
Thanks Scottie and RCR. That southwest golf pass seems like a pretty good deal but we are going to be there for only 4 days and might only have time for 1 or 2 rounds while we are there but will keep that in mind if we are ever there for a longer period of time.
Sorry FutureMover08, I took your ID to mean you were moving here or I wouldn't have mentioned the Southwest Pass. If the 4 days you are here includes a Thursday, that day's Arizona Republic has all kinds of golf coupons in the sports section. Is there a certain part of the Valley you are looking to play?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
Sorry FutureMover08, I took your ID to mean you were moving here or I wouldn't have mentioned the Southwest Pass. If the 4 days you are here includes a Thursday, that day's Arizona Republic has all kinds of golf coupons in the sports section. Is there a certain part of the Valley you are looking to play?
Oh no problem. We are just taking a trip to Phoenix in May and we could move there as it is one of our top choices but this will just be a vacation type trip plus just to explore the area and see if we really like it as a place to move to. If we do end up eventually moving there the Southwest Pass could come in handy though

We will be there on a Thursday, in fact our trip goes from Tues May 13- Sat May 17 and we leave at 11:59 pm on the 17th so we will be able to still do stuff on the 17th. We designed it that way so we could still have an extra day but not have to pay for a hotel for a 5th night and hopefully we can get a little sleep on the plane ride back.

It looks like the temperature is probably going to be somewhere inbetween 85-102 or so by looking at past years during that week so I don't think there will be any problems doing anything outside as I have played golf in 102 with about a 115 heat index here before so hopefully things will work out great. A good thing about Phoenix weather is you pretty much don't have to worry about rain canceling or altering your outdoor plans

There isn't really any particular area we are trying to stay in but our hotel is going to be about 7 miles directly north from Chase Field. As long as it doesn't take more than 40 minutes or so to get to wherever it will be fine. We are planning on going to Diamondbacks games as well but will have plenty of time early in the day to do other things like golf or we are looking at info about hiking trails in the mountains and other various activities. We also plan to visit the Cardinals stadium and Coyotes arena in Glendale... I doubt we will be able to get inside unless they offer tours in the off-season but it will be neat to see the outside of them anyway so any courses over that way could work too.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:42 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,321,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMover08 View Post
Are there any decent golf courses in the Phoenix metro area where you can walk 18 holes for $30 or less per person? I know sometimes the weekend rates and time of day and holidays and all can effect the price but I'm just looking for something around that range. I know Phoenix is home to hundreds of courses including some of the country's best, but I am just looking for something fairly nice but nothing too special that would drain my wallet.

Any links that include prices and all or just your personal knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Try Paradise Valley Golf Club. Here's the number: (602) 992-7190. It's 25$ to play 9 holes and rent a cart. I don't usually play 18 there, but without a cart, I hear it is the same price. It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:53 PM

84 posts, read 350,227 times
My husband uses this website all the time!

Phoenix Arizona Discount Golf Tee Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area