Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:35 AM

2 posts, read 18,011 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any comments on Dolce Vita subdivision in Apache Junction? My wife and I are 60 years old and am starting to look for a place to retire. Found Dolce Vita on an internet search. We are currently in Michigan. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,293 times
Check with Apache Jct. PD at 480-982-8260... I'm not sure if this subdivision has a private phone company or if it the place across Goldfield Rd. If they do, stay away. If you ever call 911 but aren't able to give your exact address, they will never find you. The call back number and address shown at the PD are to the office.

The area on the other hand is nice. Have you been to AJ before? I worked that area for 21 years and it has changed a lot. It's on the eastern edge of the city, just south of US60. Gold Canyon is 2 miles east.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 18,011 times
Default Thanks AJ661

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Check with Apache Jct. PD at 480-982-8260... I'm not sure if this subdivision has a private phone company or if it the place across Goldfield Rd. If they do, stay away. If you ever call 911 but aren't able to give your exact address, they will never find you. The call back number and address shown at the PD are to the office.

The area on the other hand is nice. Have you been to AJ before? I worked that area for 21 years and it has changed a lot. It's on the eastern edge of the city, just south of US60. Gold Canyon is 2 miles east.
Thanks for replying to my post. No, I have not been to AJ before. My oldest son moved to Bullhead City 3 years ago to teach high school history. My middle son is planning on moving to Phoenix area after college, in 2 years. My youngest son is a freshman in high school. My wife and I are just starting to look for a place to retire to. I'm sure you've heard the same story a million times.
The Dolce Vita subdivision looked interesting because of the price of homes and the community center. We are looking to visit in the next year or two and want to limit our visit to the most promising areas.
I see some posters saying Prescott, Gilbert, and others are nice areas.
By the way I like your site at myspace. I too am from a military family; my dad flew B17's in WWII and B29's in Korea. My brother died recently and was a 30 year Army lifer, SGM with Americal and 101st, 3 tours of Nam. I was a Remmington Warrior. (typist) ha ha. Any other suggestions of places to look at would be appreciated. God Bless
Dave

Old 11-16-2008, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 8,105 times
My wife and I have a home in Dolce Vita which we have owned for about 3 years. We especially like this area because people don't drive 75 mhp in 45 mph zones such as Sun City. The area has golf courses nearby, Canyon Lake and Roosevelt Lake with ample fishing opportunities, Superstition Mountain, a big shopping center within 5 miles with Wal-mart, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, clothing and shoe stores, lots of fine restaurants, probably 50 stores in all, plus a giant flea market also within 5 miles with hundreds of discounted items. Lots of minnesota people in this area. My wife and I have our house in Dolce Vita on the market. We would like to visit with you at length if you are interested in coming this way. It you would like any more info, we'd be more than happy to assist you. Sincerely, Orv and Gege herring

Last edited by ORV HERRING; 11-16-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: NEEDED CAPS.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:43 PM

23 posts, read 57,110 times
Any updated comments on Dolce Vita?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:57 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Yes. I don't live there. but I have friends there. I like it.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:45 AM

6 posts, read 10,330 times
My husband and I are also looking to retire in this area and would like feedback on Dolce Vita at Superstition Mountain. I have been reading up on the 55+ communities and have stayed away from the corporate owned communities because I hear that you are at their mercy if any issues come up such as, "my dog is 5 lbs over the weight limit allowed", as an example.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:00 PM

23 posts, read 57,110 times
You might also want to look at Montesa@Gold Canyon which is a little east of Dolce Vita. We have been at Montesa since November '14 and have no complaints. It is 'corporate owned' (Cal-Am Properties) but I have not heard of any issues like the one you reference above: "my dog is lbs over....." Cal-Am does a nice job of maintaining the property.

We also visited Dolce Vita and chose to buy at Montesa.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post

In town AJ is a tweaker crappy dump IMO. OTOH once you get east past Tomahawk or into the hills, you in some of the coolest history filled countryside in this whole state. Also Philly's on the way to the old apache trail on Tomahawk is good

Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
Actually, AJ is kind of like the AZ version of my hometown LOL. And I love my hometown in the right areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area