Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2006, 01:04 PM

112 posts, read 602,418 times

Advertisements

We're back from our (3 nights/4 days) trip. It was amazing! For those of you who are just tuning in, before this trip, my family and I were considering moving to Phoenix from San Diego. I received numurous replies from this forum and some where scary but most of them were very helpful. And I want to thank you becuase it helped me look for things like paying attention to traffic, people, kids,weather etc. I know it's not July or August but I learned to enjoy the moment. And what a moment.

(First Day)The house we stayed at was beautiful with mountain views. Traffic wasn't as bad as San Diego and we learned the back roads (Happy Valley). Went to lunch across from Deer Valley HS. It must be a hang out for the teenagers after school because they all packed in there. They were very polite and for the most part in good behavior. By the way the food was delicious (pizza, meatball sandwich, italian sausage etc.)

(Day Two) Had an appt. with the counselor at Barry Goldwater. She was so helpful and very kind to my daughter. The school I thought looked very good considering it is 20 yrs. old. Saw a few students, very mellow and not scary.

My girlsfriend stopped by and brought me to her condo. It was also beautiful. I haven't seen her in 10 yrs. and it was like yesterday.

(Day Three) Attended a yoga class and met 4 women, all very friendly. My friend took me out to breakfast (5 and diner?) Had a vegie sandwhich, delicious. And the service was friendly and fast. We continue our morining to Dillard's. Never been there but similar to Macy's I guess. Returned something for my friend because she was scared to and the girl behind the counter was very professional and again friendly. Met my family at Appleby's and we were served with a smile. Needing to do some grocery shopping and went to Walmart. Never been to a Walmart Superstore. Wow, they have everything. And this is by my house. I can do my food shopping, clothes, nails, haircut, photos etc. all at one place. That's convinient. They are also building something across the way but not sure what. This walmart was by Noterra and happy Valley?

Anyway, my family enjoyed the trip and the drive there and back was not bad either. My teenager didn't love the house(because it didn't have a second floor) but I think it will be ok. She was smiling the whole time. My almost 2 yr. old loved it, probably because of the playground in the yard. My dog also loved the house. He has a huge backyard! And my husband was very comfortable.

One morning, I sat out in front of the house (which I never felt comfortable doing in Ca.) and folks where saying "'hi"and waving.

When it was time to go home and back to Ca. I didn't want to leave. But we did, can't wait to start packing.

Unfortunately, I still need your help. I will need to start a new thread.

Sincerely,
Encinitas

Ps. Arizona, here we come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2006, 02:44 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I'm so glad you had a great trip! The weather was perfect, too. Except in the last two days the temp dropped a bit.

The 5 and diner is our favorite palce to eat here (the one at the PV mall, that is, not crazy about the other ones). We're friends with the manager and he's great.

It really is a good place to live when you compare it to some other places. Being a native I foget some fo the good things that we have to offer.

Yep, everything you need is down the road.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:51 PM

98 posts, read 427,832 times
Hey Encinitas! I'm out here right now, drove hubby's truck out for long Thksgvg weekend. That's so funny.... we went to a 5 n Diner, too. Cute. Been looking at homes, too... found one we really like w/ beautiful mountain view & pool. Now just gotta sell that OC house!
We also went to Tucson to visit our close friends who moved from Chicago to AZ same time we moved to CA. OMG... the HOUSE they got 2.5 years ago for $200,000... unreal!!!! It's beautiful there, too. I know it's gonna be hot, but oh well.... I'll deal. The real estate taxes are MUCH less, that's for sure! Like, $300 a month less. Good luck to you!

Old 11-26-2006, 10:47 PM

112 posts, read 602,418 times
Default That is funny:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterMama View Post
Hey Encinitas! I'm out here right now, drove hubby's truck out for long Thksgvg weekend. That's so funny.... we went to a 5 n Diner, too. Cute. Been looking at homes, too... found one we really like w/ beautiful mountain view & pool. Now just gotta sell that OC house!
We also went to Tucson to visit our close friends who moved from Chicago to AZ same time we moved to CA. OMG... the HOUSE they got 2.5 years ago for $200,000... unreal!!!! It's beautiful there, too. I know it's gonna be hot, but oh well.... I'll deal. The real estate taxes are MUCH less, that's for sure! Like, $300 a month less. Good luck to you!
When are you planning on moving to Arizona? Are you going to wait till you sell your house? Where did you find the house you liked? We are really close to 17 and Happy Valley. I forgot, did you have kids? Anyway, have plenty of packing to do. Talk to you later. Good luck selling your house, I guess you can always rent it out too. This way if you decide you don't like Arizona, you can always move back.

Later, Encinitas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: