Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:10 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,032,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcallin View Post
caution on monotronics
used them in wa state and what a nightmare

did not cancel false alarms when told to, and given correct password, so had visits from fire dept. double and tripled billed me several times - so told them to cancel service and refund monies - that took forever until i took it to attorney general then they listened.... not a good experience.
Well, my experience with them is just the opposite. Have had them for almost 3 years and even through one move. They work fine for me. I'm sure there will be many more posts like this where everyone has a different opinion. Guess you'll just have to tally them up and then decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 PM

285 posts, read 1,021,916 times
I have heard of monotronics only becuase i get tons of people knocking on my door telling me they are not sales men but just letting the neighboorhood know about the crime in the area, but they are authorized to give away a free alarm to just a lucky few.. as long as we place their signs in our yard. And it will only cost me $40 per month for service but you have to sign a 3 year contract too!

Its cheaper to just pay a few hundred for your alarm and install it yourself and just use a service like AlarmRelay to monitor for $9 month

Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 PM

31 posts, read 117,520 times
An angry dog and a gun will offer you the best protection!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,432 times
I feel that ADT is the best when it comes to home security, mainly because they have been around for so long and they give great deals to get set up. I know that my friend just got set up with them and it didn't cost them anything for the equipment or setting it up, and yes they do pay the normal monitoring, but I think that right now the website they went through is offering a monitoring rebate that helps them pay for the monitoring each month. Mod cut.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 02-12-2010 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: No recommendations with less than 10 posts, no advertising.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,184,408 times
I knew a guy in Missouri that had a sign like this on his business.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:24 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,872,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpFU View Post
Ohhh Kayyyyy. Did it really say '...is the morning'?
Yup....but you get it right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area