Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:52 AM

97 posts, read 290,671 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking for a very long time about some video around my home, probably with a DVR. I see Costco selling systems in their coupon books frequently. Doe's anyone have any experience with specific brands or a company that would come out and do an install? I was very unhappy to find a used condom next to my house behind my 7 foot block wall just after mother's day. I carefully got the item into a zip-lock bag without touching and put it in the deep freeze. I thought I'd preserve some DNA.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:04 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsJohnson View Post
I have been thinking for a very long time about some video around my home, probably with a DVR. I see Costco selling systems in their coupon books frequently. Doe's anyone have any experience with specific brands or a company that would come out and do an install? I was very unhappy to find a used condom next to my house behind my 7 foot block wall just after mother's day. I carefully got the item into a zip-lock bag without touching and put it in the deep freeze. I thought I'd preserve some DNA.
So you have a strangers used condom in the freezer next to the ice cubes and frozen t-bone steaks? Remind me not to eat at your place.

Why would you save it, do you suspect that the person who had sex in your yard is actually a home burglar that got horny right before he broke into your house and might come back?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM

It's sealed in a zip-lock. I rarely eat steak and ice cubes are in the refrig freezer. I don't think any bugs can get out. Many years ago I had a friend who lived in a penthouse along 101 near San Diego. He would freeze his refrigerator trash so it wouldn't get stinky. When there was enough he would take it downstairs and throw it out. He was a restaurant and hotel exec. and very clean. Do you think I should use multiple bags? I believe the item was thrown over the wall. What disrespect. The only upside to the story is that at least they are not practicing unprotected sex. It was in an area that my sweet little sheltie couldn't get to.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:14 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Why in the WORLD are you saving such "evidence" (assuming it is evidence of anything at all that is illegal) If that's the only reason why you want home surveillance cameras, I'd save my money.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:16 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsJohnson View Post
Do you think I should use multiple bags? I believe the item was thrown over the wall.
No, I am questioning why you would keep it in the first place???

Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 PM

You live in a better area than I do, Observer53. I am in the hood in central Phoenix. There are occasional break-ins around me. It is my understanding that the cameras all but eliminate trouble. I had to get rid of the latex device and initially intended to put down the mail box next door. I assume it's their kids, and if they want to have sexual intercourse in their back yard among the chain-up pit bulls it's ok with me.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 PM

I still don't see the point, if that's the example of why you think you, and your dog, need one, even in "the hood".

Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 PM

523 posts, read 937,672 times
I recommend a home security surveilance system to anyone I meet. In our environment of open borders, it is critical to protect one's property against illegal entry, squatting, and human trafficking.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
I recommend a home security surveilance system to anyone I meet. In our environment of open borders, it is critical to protect one's property against illegal entry, squatting, and human trafficking.
Assuming that you actually do recommend such systems to "anyone [you] meet", let's not take this thread too far afield, given that the OP is not concerned about security in terms of the issues you raise.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:38 AM

Cameras deter crime of all kinds. The example I sited is just the latest thing to happen. I believe that enhanced security is better than owning guns. Things happen around my house frequently. My next door neighbor's solar yard lights all disappeared one night. I lost huge potted asparagus ferns from my front porch. I'd like to know who's is lurking in front of the house. I take my trash to the barrel in the alley and find human feces and "toilet paper beside it." I believe that alarm systems are a waste of money.

I was dead serious when I began this post. I wanted to know if anyone had experience with specific systems or installers.

Check this link from Costco.com for video security. Quite a selection, huh? I'm sorry if I raised some hackles. And no, I didn't try to save the human poop in the alley for DNA.

Costco - Electronics - Security Monitors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area