Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,778,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutner View Post
If Johnson Ranch is more families and young adults, what area would be the best for a couple without children, retired early 50's?
Johnson Ranch and most of the newer areas in Queen Creek are young families.

If you are looking for an adult community then Sun Lakes in the south of Chandler is a wonderful area. I have a listing there that has been sold on a contingency so I'm very familiar with the area and like it very much. It is an age 40+ community. There have golf courses, and it's close to great shopping and everything you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boutner View Post
If Johnson Ranch is more families and young adults, what area would be the best for a couple without children, retired early 50's?
Down in that area there's Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch. Early 50s unfortunately doesn't cut it. It's a 55+ community, but if one of you is close, it might be worth looking into. If you are interested in that area but not the Sun City community, there's a lot more to choose from in the rest of Anthem/Merrill Ranch.
Arizona New Homes | Sun City Arizona | Arizona Golf Course Homes - East Valley, Florence, AZ (http://www.delwebb.com/homefinder/Community.aspx?ID=100510 - broken link)
http://www.pulte.com/homefinder/community.asp?commorg_acctcode=2991&ss={CD0E3E69-F8FB-42BD-8E1B-664F50EA221D (broken link)}

Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM

61 posts, read 318,720 times
With all of this being said, what are the opinions of the people of the forum about the area of queen creek that is still in maricopa county? My wife and I are stongly considering a move this this area for these reason
1. it doenst seem as far out there
2. the prices of homes still seem very good

Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawilson View Post
With all of this being said, what are the opinions of the people of the forum about the area of queen creek that is still in maricopa county? My wife and I are stongly considering a move this this area for these reason
1. it doenst seem as far out there
2. the prices of homes still seem very good
The Town of Queen Creek; incorporated in 1989. If you can afford it, it's a nice area. It used to be primarily larger homes on horse properties. I have a couple of friends who have lived there for years and they love it. Both have very nice homes on acre and a quarter lots. One of them has a garage that's bigger than my house (the bastard!).

Check out the Town's home page. Lots of good info: Maps, future plans, zoning, etc. and my favorite link-
"DO I LIVE IN QUEEN CREEK?" Queen Creek : Do I Live in QC?

Queen Creek : Home

Queen Creek, Arizona (AZ) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Old 02-23-2008, 02:17 PM

5 posts, read 23,415 times
X-cali Thank you so much for your feedback reading on what you said made me feel alot better in keeping the house i just purchased those were very positive words. i recently bought a house in san tan heights community we will be getting it sometime in august. I will be commuting to phoenix everyday but my plans are taking an express bus from gilbert or chandler to cut my commute time. Keep the positive words coming ...

Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 PM

4 posts, read 28,235 times
I'd like to thank everyone who has replied to my question. It has helped us make the final decision. That plus the fact that we spent a little bit of time in the area.

We really liked the area and have decided to purchase a home. Hubby likes the golf course and the fact that it is within walking distance of our new home. We haven't met any neighbours yet, but I'm sure that will come along just fine as well.

Even though we have purchased a home, I'd still welcome any comments that anyone would like to make. Also if there is anyone out there who actually lives at Johnson Ranch and would like to make a new friend, I'd really welcome that too.

Cheers!
Scottygirl

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 PM

219 posts, read 764,145 times
Welcome to Queen Creek!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 7,491 times
I've been in Queen Creek (San Tan Heights) for about 2 years. I have very mixed feelings about it down here. I am actually moving this week to Tempe in some apartments between Tempe Town Lake and Papago Park.

Here are my thoughts:
THE GOOD
- It is calm and quiet (except for the traffic)
- Its just minutes from some great hiking and scenery at San Tan Mountain Regional Park
- Housing is dirt cheap (good for you, bad for me - currently I could buy two homes for what I paid for my house two years ago)
- New schools and commercial development are being built everywhere
THE BAD
- Traffic is horrible - I am sick of driving! (Although road improvements they are making should drastically improve things... someday)
- No culture or identity down here - unless you have a big property with horses - for the rest of us, its just a bunch of cookie cutter houses in the desert. Absolutely nothing else.
- Half of Queen Creek is in foreclosure. Things will turn around someday... hopefully sooner rather than later.

Overall, I am personally very excited to leave this area.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,311 times
Default JOHNSON RANCH, Queen Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottygirl View Post
I'd like to thank everyone who has replied to my question. It has helped us make the final decision. That plus the fact that we spent a little bit of time in the area.

We really liked the area and have decided to purchase a home. Hubby likes the golf course and the fact that it is within walking distance of our new home. We haven't met any neighbours yet, but I'm sure that will come along just fine as well.

Even though we have purchased a home, I'd still welcome any comments that anyone would like to make. Also if there is anyone out there who actually lives at Johnson Ranch and would like to make a new friend, I'd really welcome that too.

Cheers!
Scottygirl
HELLO FROM CANADA!
These last few months I have been given by a realtor, a list of homes available in the Johnson Ranch area, because of my $$ criteria....JR looks very inviting; have pretty nice homes with good pictures...I'm wondering how you're liking it there so far?
I would be buying a home (kind of investment) at first; then retire out there for 6 mos. the winter thing, you know; say, in 10 yrs or so? A place to visit 1 or twice a year with our 3 kiddies in the meantime.
Any feedback would be good about your experience w/JR!
Thanks!!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:09 AM

14 posts, read 80,483 times
I'm glad you finaly found a place for your family.I am a resident of the area, (florence) and you have a lot to look forward to over the next few years. This area has BOOMED over the last ten years and there is more to come. Yes, its true... its a little bit in the boonies, but if you are a person looking for a country feel, but in a suburban sub division, this might be the place for you. All the neccesities are near the area. Major shopping has to requires traveling, but that, all the more makes you appreciate spending time and money to shop. Definite small town feel to this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area