Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 5,720 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I apologize if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find anything relevant when I searched the forums.

I just moved to Phoenix and am starting a new job next week off of Mayo and N 56th St. I'd like to live <5 miles from work and am looking for a one bedroom apartment to rent. My budget is $700-$900 utilities included. I drove by Ninety Degrees (Mayo and N68th) and it looks great from what I can tell, but unfortunately, it is slightly over my budget.

I was told there are a bunch of apartments off of Tatum and Bell (Sierra Ranch, Tatum Place, etc.,) but online reviews for those apartments aren't too encouraging.

Things I don't care about:
Size - I don't need a big place.
Schools - I have no kids.
Proximity to grocery stores, bus stops, etc.

Things I do care about:
Newer apartment - better insulation, newer appliances, etc.
Close to restaurants and bars, preferably within walking distance.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 05:32 PM

428 posts, read 5,889,076 times
You should check out Desert Club and Barossa- both are located at the SW corner of Mayo and Scottsdale rd. Very close to work, the Scottsdale 101 strip mall, short drive down scottsdale rd to the promenade, kierland, and the quarter.

Desert Club: Desert Club Apartments - Phoenix, AZ 85054 | Apartments for Rent
Barossa: Barossa Paradise Ridge - Contact Us

There is also an apartment complex at the NW corner of Scottsdale rd and FLW/Bell Rd but I forgot their name. It is just a mile south of the other two apartments, across from the promenade.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,752,375 times
Check the Kierland/Scottsdale Quarter. There are several big complexes within walking distance, in addition to condominiums a bit to the south on Acoma. It's an ideal location, and a good value, IMO, but it's going to be on the high side of your budget, and some of the places will be way over budget.

I saw a condo on Acoma listed for $900 on a quick Craigslist search which seems to be right in line with others I have seen.

The apartment complexes to the west on Greenway are the Tradition and the Legend (IIRC). Rents start in the 800s for both (just checked). To the north of Kierland is the Paragon... nice property, but way out of your budget.

Everything I mentioned is within easy walking distance to countless restaurants and bars, and even grocery stores (Fry's, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's) within a couple of minutes by car. Actually TJs is walking distance from Kierland.

Since I lived in a condo at Kierland, I'm speaking from experience. Walking as far as FLW and Scottsdale Road is easy, even in the summer. It makes for a really nice evening when you can walk for 15 minutes (or 5 minutes), have a good dinner and as many drinks as you want, then walk back home. No driving, no cabs, no worries.

Good luck!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:24 PM

216 posts, read 608,366 times
Shade at Desert Ridge might be an option for you; it'll be at the high end of your budget, but I know we liked the place when we did a walk through. If the pool area is of any use to you, they've got a pretty nice one.

Ninety Degrees is definitely going to exceed that budget. Many of their units have very high ceilings and have floor-to-ceiling windows; it'd be a small fortune in AC if you get one that faces the sunset. Gorgeous property though; that was one of our primary two places we looked at when we moved here initially (and didn't end up with either of 'em).

Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 PM

428 posts, read 5,889,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Walking as far as FLW and Scottsdale Road is easy, even in the summer. It makes for a really nice evening when you can walk for 15 minutes (or 5 minutes), have a good dinner and as many drinks as you want, then walk back home. No driving, no cabs, no worries.

Good luck!
I don't know about that, a 10 minute walk in the summer leaves me feeling very uncomfortable, wouldn't want to sweat up my nice clothes and looked all flushed from the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area