Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 AM

55 posts, read 76,713 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

We just recently took our vacation to the Scottsdale area and we loved it there. There is a lot to do and its a good location to our work. We are looking into moving there (North Scottsdale) sometime soon. We would like to rent first. When we were there, we saw a few nice places we thought would be really nice to live, but when we looked at some reviews, they were not good at all. We are looking for townhouses because we want some separation from a ton of neighbors and a little more room. The northern Scottsdale area is perfect for what we want. Any suggestions/recommendations would be great.

Thanks for the help and we are looking forward to moving there. It is a beautiful state.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM

19,464 posts, read 27,991,092 times
The FIRST most important questions is: Where will you be working?

The SECOND most important question is: How much do you want to spend in rent (and remember to increase your budget for utilities to cover the a/c)

North Scottsdale is very attractive, but can be a dreadful commute and fairly expensive.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:31 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,200,448 times
Wow, too many options without knowing more information. What is your budget? What size unit do you need? How far north (N. Scottsdale could be anywhere from Chaparral to the Tonto National Forest)? Need a garage? Furnished or unfurnished? What amenities do you desire (golf, tennis, pool, near transportation, etc.)? Do you have pets?

One bit of advice, many Scottsdale rentals have summer and winter rates, usually with a 12month+ lease you can negotiate a cheaper rate.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:43 PM

52 posts, read 130,660 times
We just moved to the Traditions at Kierland in North Scottsdale. It is across from Kierland Commons the shopping area. We love it here. I too was extremely nervous due to the reviews and the fact that we had to take the place blindly. But we did a lot of research and spoke to the rental office often. We are pleased with our home, rent, neighbors and the convenience of the area.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:41 AM

55 posts, read 76,713 times
My job will be located at home and my wife will be in Scottsdale. We have looked in the Grayhawk area, off from Tatum, which we thought was nice until we heard a lot of negative issues about it. We have also been looking just outside the 101, 94th street and that way. We liked it out there as well. I guess we don't want to get too much further north than Thompson Creek (I think that was the name). We do have pets and we are looking in the $1100 - $1400 area. Garage would be nice and we would rather not be furnished.
Thanks for the advice AZJoeD and I have heard the Keirlands are pretty nice, so thanks for the help as well Elizabeth. I will look up the Traditions and see what they have to offer. We are not going to be able to take a trip there to see the place, but we have done quite a bit of research.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,706,513 times
Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Grayhawk? I personally don't like it because of the power lines but it's a pretty nice and swanky area.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM

216 posts, read 591,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Bound2013 View Post
My job will be located at home and my wife will be in Scottsdale. We have looked in the Grayhawk area, off from Tatum, which we thought was nice until we heard a lot of negative issues about it. We have also been looking just outside the 101, 94th street and that way. We liked it out there as well. I guess we don't want to get too much further north than Thompson Creek (I think that was the name). We do have pets and we are looking in the $1100 - $1400 area. Garage would be nice and we would rather not be furnished.
Thanks for the advice AZJoeD and I have heard the Keirlands are pretty nice, so thanks for the help as well Elizabeth. I will look up the Traditions and see what they have to offer. We are not going to be able to take a trip there to see the place, but we have done quite a bit of research.

Grayhawk is a wonderful area but I can't speak to the negatives/positives of the place you found since you didn't name it. I know there are townhouses around Thompson Peak and Bell. Sorry I don't know the name of them but you could probably find them on Zillow.

Like others on this board have said many times before--you need to not take some of the negatives too harshly because it's only the complainers that will post on those sites and almost never the people that are happy and content. (And, that is my awkwardly-worded sentence for the day!)

Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 PM

52 posts, read 130,660 times
We have a garage (its small) and our unit is unfurnished.

If you need any additional information I will do my best to answer it for you. Getting help on this forum was priceless to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: