Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:15 AM

622 posts, read 1,725,516 times

Advertisements

Well, my title pretty much sums up what I'm looking for

New to the area, and love good food. There's so many restaurants to choose from, and nooks and crannies where restaurants get tucked away I was hoping to get some insider information on the best eats in the area.

My family and I enjoy all kinds of food, so all ideas are welcome. My tummy thanks you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 AM

357 posts, read 712,827 times
-Wedge and Bottle for the grown ups.
-Crepe Bar
-Yupha's Thai Kitchen
-Pita Jungle is always great although I haven't been to that specific location in Ahwatukee
-Kai is supposed to be unique and amazing if looking for very high end
-Roy's Restaurant is an upscale chain but each menu has its own twists and has great, fresh seafood.
-Slightly outside of your area but Lee Lee's Market has a few good Vietnamese spots (Mekong Plaza is further but has a ton of awesome places).

There are tons more but this should give you a good variety to start with!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM

622 posts, read 1,725,516 times
Hey thanks Liz!
Wedge and Bottle sounds really interesting..I wonder if they make some of their own charcuterie meats! Will have to investigate.
Glad to hear about Yupha's..I've been wanting to know where a good Thai place was. I routinely make my own Tom Ka Gai and various curries but it's nice to go out and I do so love Thai food....
I'm familiar w/LeeLee and Mekong...I already shop there! but I appreciate the heads up!
Roy's sounds very interesting...anyone who offers pork belly satay and uses shiso in their recipes deserves some attention.
Pita jungle seems to have a good selection of mixed mediterranean fare, always yummy. I always try to find a place with good falafel and tzatziki so I will definitely try out,...dont' see lamb on the menu...oh well lol

You've given me some things to chew over...pun intended! Thanks again!

Old 04-23-2013, 02:00 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,771,037 times
These are my favorite places to eat most are in Tempe.

Middle Eastern - Haji-Baba - Haji-Baba - Tempe, AZ
Chicago - Niro Gyros - Niro's Gyros - Phoenix, AZ
Hamburger - Chuck Box - The Chuck Box - Tempe, AZ
NY Pizza - Venezia's - Venezia's New York Style Pizzeria - Tempe, AZ
BBQ - Andrews BBQ - Andrew's BBQ - Tempe, AZ
Chicago Pizza - Oregano's - Oregano's Pizza Bistro - Tempe, AZ
Hippie - Pita Jungle - Pita Jungle - Phoenix, AZ
Bagels - Chompies - Chompie's Deli - Tempe, AZ
Hot Dogs - Ted's - Ted's Hot Dogs - Tempe, AZ
Lolo's Chicken and Waffles - Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles - Phoenix, AZ
Breakfast - Harlow's Cafe - Tempe, AZ
Bakery - Honeymoon Sweets - Honey Moon Sweets - Tempe, AZ

Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minathebrat View Post
Hey thanks Liz!
Wedge and Bottle sounds really interesting..I wonder if they make some of their own charcuterie meats! Will have to investigate.
Glad to hear about Yupha's..I've been wanting to know where a good Thai place was. I routinely make my own Tom Ka Gai and various curries but it's nice to go out and I do so love Thai food....
I'm familiar w/LeeLee and Mekong...I already shop there! but I appreciate the heads up!
Roy's sounds very interesting...anyone who offers pork belly satay and uses shiso in their recipes deserves some attention.
Pita jungle seems to have a good selection of mixed mediterranean fare, always yummy. I always try to find a place with good falafel and tzatziki so I will definitely try out,...dont' see lamb on the menu...oh well lol

You've given me some things to chew over...pun intended! Thanks again!
If you know about Lee Lee's, go to Lee's Sandwiches across the street -- SE corner Dobson and Warner. Delicious sandwiches, and yummy hot french bread for your family dinners. Cash only, well worth it!

Yupha's is great, as well! Another vote here.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:55 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,631,385 times
Spinatos Pizza is my favorite pizza in all of the metro area.
Queen's Bowl is a fnatastic dive Chinese take out place.
Wings from Uncle Bear's are my favorite
San Tan brewery's brew pub is great.
Rudy's BBQ is as close to texas as you will find.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:58 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,320,722 times
I live your area, I call it Chempetukee because it describes the NW Chandler/Ahwautukee/South Tempe area. With specific regard to this area, I enjoy the following:

Va Bene - Italian/ one of the best in the entire Valley - 48th and Chandler

India Grill - Indian - my favorite Indian restaurant in the entire Valley. I've been to them all and this is the best.

Spices - Ray and McClintock - Mediterranean - very good - really good lamb kebab

Flemings - Ray and I-10 - it's a chain but it's an upscale steak restaurant chain and this particular location serves better steaks than many of the more well known mom and pop steak houses (Durants) in my opinion

Vincents - Ray by the AMC movie theatre - really good New York style pizza by the slice

Sushi Eye - Warner and 48th - really good sushi, I like it better than the Ra sushi by the AMC theatre. Really good service too

Crackers - one of the best breakfast brunch places in the entire Valley, I have friends from Scottsdale who drive down to eat here - Elliott and Hardy? Get the Biscuits and Gravy really good The original Crackers is in Mesa but this one is just as good but with less lines and better service

Old 04-23-2013, 06:09 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,339,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I live your area, I call it Chempetukee because it describes the NW Chandler/Ahwautukee/South Tempe area.
Chempetukee! That's great. I vote for making it official.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,320,722 times
Forgot to mention India Grill is in Tempe on Elliott and Kyrene

Other places

Szechwan Garden - authentic Szechwan style Chinese - Ray and Rural

Pho Delight - Kyrene and Priest - great Vietnamese food

Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM

216 posts, read 606,568 times
If Ted's counts then I'm tossing the Cornish Pasty on the list! More of north Tempe but worth the extra five minutes, easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area