Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM

9 posts, read 16,740 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the information! Anthem looks great, we are excited to come check the Phoenix area out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 05:49 PM

johnp292-

Are there 2 communities in Anthem? I have found Anthem Parkside and Anthem Country Club, is that right?

I would love some of the amenities, like pools and parks, but I am wondering if the HOA covers other things. I use to live in a neighborhood where the HOA covered cable, water, and garbage. Are there any other perks to the HOA?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeO View Post
johnp292-

Are there 2 communities in Anthem? I have found Anthem Parkside and Anthem Country Club, is that right?

I would love some of the amenities, like pools and parks, but I am wondering if the HOA covers other things. I use to live in a neighborhood where the HOA covered cable, water, and garbage. Are there any other perks to the HOA?
Actually there are three. Country Club is the gated golf community. Parkside is not gated, SFR. There is also Village Condos, a gated condo section. I live in Parkside, which I think (but not sure) is the largest of the three. The HOA does not cover cable, water or trash removal, at least not in the SFR sections. I don't know if that's different in the Condos, but I can see on the website that the dues there are very high compared to the other two. No doubt some of that is for common maintenance but maybe it includes other services?

Also, to confuse things a little more..

Anthem east of I-17 is in an unicorporated part of Maricopa County whereas Anthem on the west side of I-17 is somehow part of Phoenix. This means that if you live on the east side (like I do), you get

Trash collected by a private company (pay quarterly)
Water from Epcor with ghastly high water and sewer rates
Police services from the infamous MCSO which has a substation up here
Lower sales taxes if you shop on the east side

Whereas if you live on the west side you get water, trash, and maybe police (not sure on that as I've never seen a Phoenix PD car up here) from the City of Phoenix, which I'm told is less expensive. If you shop on the west side you get to pay higher sales tax though (including on groceries in WalMart, which are not taxed in the Safeway or Fry's on the east side).

Don't misunderstand this post I totally love Anthem, I was warned about the water bills (but not the sales tax) before we moved here so I'm passing on that favor. Water bills and all, I prefer the east side to the west side, just my opinion though. We looked at houses on both sides before we picked ours.

Lots of info can be found at www.onlineatanthem.com

Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM

So my husband and I have started to consider renting for a while when/if we move to az. We have never rented before and I'm unsure how to go about finding a rental house. I have been looking on Trulia.com and a little on craigslist. Is there a local site I should use to find a house in the Phoenix area? Any thoughts on using a realtor to find a rental?

Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeO View Post
So my husband and I have started to consider renting for a while when/if we move to az. We have never rented before and I'm unsure how to go about finding a rental house. I have been looking on Trulia.com and a little on craigslist. Is there a local site I should use to find a house in the Phoenix area? Any thoughts on using a realtor to find a rental?
That's exactly what we did. We found the web sites to always be out of date. Good rentals get snapped up fast. Your best bet is probably to find a realtor who can provide you with daily listings from the MLS. That's what we did.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM

5 posts, read 6,347 times
I feel that a true small town feel would be Verrado on the far west side. It's a drive to downtown though.
Anthem is nice also, almost bought a house up there.

But it may be that you would be looking for master planned communities.
Verrado
Anthem
Estrella Mountain Park
to name a few.

Last edited by ws6daveg; 02-18-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area