Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 17,947 times

Advertisements

i live in west mesa and want to attend some good new years eve events this year. looking for a good mix of things to do and places to ring in 2012. i know about tempe and all the fun stuff happening on mill ave, but might be a bit too much. looking for something a bit less noisy, not over crowded. i might end up going there if nothing else pans out but would like to see firework displays too. i dont drive, i use transit mostly or walk, take cabs, and ride a bike. is there anything happening in mesa this year? how about scottsdale, dont they usually have some kind of event in downtown? want to stick to east valley mainly and use light rail or bus if i can. thx for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 05:45 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times
Downtown Tempe usually has a pretty good New Years bash.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:13 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,059,356 times
If you hurry, you can buy discount tickets for the Fiesta Bowl Block Party (http://www.fiestabowl.org/events/fiesta-bowl-block-party.php - broken link)tonight at Safeway ($16). In addition to the bands and various entertainment, they have a fireworks show. You can take the light rail to 3rd & Mill - very convenient!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,273,796 times
The block party in Tempe has been named as one of the top ten places in the nation to ring in the new year. It sure brings in the crowds. What I can't understand is some of the bands they're promoting, such as the Gin Blossoms. They were big in the '90s, but they need to get with the times a little more for this type of event. Anyway, if fireworks are what you're looking for, this is the place to go.

Even if you have a car, I wouldn't recommend driving to the Tempe block party ... especially when there's light rail running until 2 AM, and plenty of cabs. So many streets are blocked off, and it's a nightmare trying to get around with all the crowds & barricades. Not to mention all the drunk idiots ... I certainly wouldn't want to share the roads with people who have had a few too many.

Here's some information on Scottsdale's New Years Eve celebration:
Quote:
Dec 31 Come ring in 2012 at Scottsdale’s 9th annual New Years Eve Block Party (SCOTTSDALE) Don’t miss the largest New Year’s Celebration in Scottsdale. Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers to headline the New Years Eve Scottsdale's Ultimate Block Party. Craftsman Court Entertainment District, 1 block W. of Scottsdale Rd. between 3rd & 5th Ave. in Old Town Scottsdale. Gates open at 6:00pm, Tickets $25 - $35 GA. Event is open to ages 21 and older.
Arizona New Year's Eve Celebrations - Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tucson, Sedona and More! | Arizona Key Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area