Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,198 times

Advertisements

I was offered a decent job making 40000 a year if I move to Phoenix. My husband is medically retired from the military and together, we will be making about 80000. He is 32 and I am 28 and we do not plan on having children, at least not any time soon. My first question is, will this amount of money allow us to live comfortably in the Phoenix area? We are talking the occasional Diamondback game, golfing once or twice a week, and dining out. I have been looking at all the areas in Phoenix, I am thinking Chandler is sounding the best for us. There will be no commute time preference as I will not have an office and will be driving all over the state and all throughout Phoenix for my new position, so I am trying to focus more on an area that has good entertainment and restaurants, is walk able (for our dogs), and a place where we have the best chance of meeting new friends. We enjoy brew pups here in Utah and the local entertainment and restaurant scene. I am more social than my husband, and he is worried that we will just be sitting there every night with no one to see and nothing to do! Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 10:56 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
You should be fine, and Chandler is a nice choice.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 PM

200 posts, read 448,258 times
You should be comfortable most anyplace besides scottsdale on that, you should visit the area and see what you like! You didn't say where in Phoenix your job is, but assuming it's central you could conceivably do Chandler, Mesa, or Avondale. All nice areas with a lot of shopping, a lot of recreation, and pretty low crime. If you are willing to commute farther for a nicer home, prices positively plummet out in Goodyear and Buckeye.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,622,157 times
Don't worry. If you are social there you will be social here. There are plenty of small bars, events and neighborhood parties to keep your social life full. I should think you will enjoy it more than Utah. It will be a good move for you. People are pretty friendly here, especially if they are out having a drink or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area