Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:50 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,790,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Is Seville really Gilbert or Chandler? I think that area is pretty darn upscale. Agritopia feels upscale to me as do Higley Estates/ Morrison Ranch.
Seville is in Gilbert, north of Riggs and east of Higley. I own a home in the southern section of Seville near Riggs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,790,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbgirl76 View Post
I live in VVL, but not on the lake. We bought our home last year when we relocated from Michigan. We liked the location and good schools. However, the neighborhood itself is just crap. The HOA doesn't give a darn unless you are a lakefront homeowner. Glad I pay dues to be a second class citizen.

I DO NOT recommend living here unless you have the money to be lakefront. I am hoping to sell and move elsewhere in Gilbert within the next 12 months. However, with the issues we are facing in VVL, were gonna have to find a total sucker to live here.
dmbgirl76, which sub community do you live in?

If you had attended the Annual Val Vista Membership meeting last week, or any of the monthly board meetings, you would have learned just how much the Board of Directors, the President of the BOD, and the Community Manager do care about this community, and what they have been doing, and are doing in a 5 year plan to improve the community.

I'm sure you've seen the two water features at Val Vista and Baseline that are being updated, and the amount of landscaping that has been going on throughout the community. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

We have just purchased a large number of new trees at a bargain price that will be planted to replace missing trees and some dying ones. The landscape in the entire community, plus the center island of Val Vista drive from Baseline to Guadalupe will be upgraded.

Sprinkler systems throughout the community are being revamped so as to work more efficiently with the landscaping work that will be done.

The BOD saved much money last year by outsourcing landscaping and other duties. We increased revenue by volunteers like myself working on the banquet committee to help with marketing. As a consequence the dues were not increased for 2010, and they will not increase in 2011.

The 25th Anniversary celebration raised $1200 for Val Vista Lakes Elementary.

The 2nd day of the celebration was held in the Fry's parking lot, where I sponsored the Remax hot air balloon, to bring more attention to the shopping center. Those commercial buildings are all part of the Val Vista Lakes community and have to pay dues. Therefore, we were helping to bring attention to the center to help keep them in business. The dues they pay help to keep yours and my dues low.

Where else can you find a community with the amenities that the club house and the community offers for the monthly fee of Eighty-eight ($88.00) dollars?

You need to know that the gated communities that have waterfront homes are responsible for maintaining there own areas. I live in Lakeside, which is gated. We have our own sub-association HOA with a board of directors that takes care of that community. We pay Val Vista Lakes dues, plus Lakeside dues of $58/month. We have to maintain our own gates, streets and parks within the community.

Val Vista HOA maintains the lake, which is for every resident of Val Vista Lakes.

Have you gone to the community manager to voice whatever complaints you have? If you haven't, you should, because Richard has an open door policy. You can phone or go in, and he will listen. He has lived in Val Vista Lakes for over 20 years and deeply cares for the community. He and the current board of directors are doing a wonderful pro-active job of revitalizing this community to help keep our home values up.

If you have complaints, I'm sure they are real. And because I'm involved in the community and volunteer my services, I know that they will listen to you and address your concerns.

You can even PM me and I'll voice your complaints to Richard for you. I'll come over and see first hand what you're referring to and discuss it with Richard.

From your statement, it's obvious that you do not know what is going on in the community. You're not alone because so many people do not go to board meetings or the annual meeting to learn what's happening. This is not to criticize you at all. It's meant to be informative so you can learn more about your community.

Therefore, I suggest you go to the monthly board meetings and find out first hand what's happening. Read the Presidents message that's emailed out each month. If you're not on the email list, then call the office 926 9693 and get on the list.

And by all means go to the community manager and voice any complaint that you have. He does want to hear from you.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:56 AM

896 posts, read 1,477,937 times
Even if you are lakefront in Gilbert, you are still very close to the bad areas of Mesa.

The nicest parts of metro Phx are by far North Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, or Arrowhead if you prefer the West side.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Even if you are lakefront in Gilbert, you are still very close to the bad areas of Mesa.
Puh-lease.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,459,534 times
Quote:
That is just a totally ridiculous statement.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:03 PM

860 posts, read 2,718,478 times
I agree the VVL is a great value if you will use the amenities, its like a resort. If I never went to the pool, used the clubhouse or took long walks, it might not make as much sense. Also its a well spoken of high school, Highland,from what I have heard since moving here. That helps with property values. All I can say is that anything nice in VVL seems to go off the market very quickly.
To the unhappy VVL poster hoping to sell, why are you badmouthing your neighborhood publically before you sell? That may not be wise .And you are willing to pay realtor fees after living there just one year? When prices are still possibly falling? I apologise if I am wrong, but that sounds rather improbable and I question your legitimacy. Sorry if I am wrong and life is that hard in VVL, I'm just sayin'.

We have been looking for a while, a long while but our house in IN is still for sale Val Vista is on our list, but Gilbert Commons and Ashland Ranch are also on the list as they are in Campo Verde HS district( go Coyotes!) My daughter is already there and just loves it. Does anyone know anything about these subdivisions? They both have really nice parks, which we like. Any info would be welcome

Old 11-24-2010, 03:10 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,288,256 times
Quote:

The nicest parts of metro Phx are by far North Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, or Arrowhead if you prefer the West side.
I can think of at least 20 subdivisins in Chandler and Gilbert that are better than anything Arrowhead has to offer. I would know, since my parents have a home in Arrowhead. I agree Scottsdale and Fountain Hills are nice, as is Paradise Valley, which is the only place in metro Phoenix "far superior" to Gilbert.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I agree the VVL is a great value if you will use the amenities, its like a resort. If I never went to the pool, used the clubhouse or took long walks, it might not make as much sense. Also its a well spoken of high school, Highland,from what I have heard since moving here. That helps with property values. All I can say is that anything nice in VVL seems to go off the market very quickly.
To the unhappy VVL poster hoping to sell, why are you badmouthing your neighborhood publically before you sell? That may not be wise .And you are willing to pay realtor fees after living there just one year? When prices are still possibly falling? I apologise if I am wrong, but that sounds rather improbable and I question your legitimacy. Sorry if I am wrong and life is that hard in VVL, I'm just sayin'.

We have been looking for a while, a long while but our house in IN is still for sale Val Vista is on our list, but Gilbert Commons and Ashland Ranch are also on the list as they are in Campo Verde HS district( go Coyotes!) My daughter is already there and just loves it. Does anyone know anything about these subdivisions? They both have really nice parks, which we like. Any info would be welcome
IThose areas are fine, its just a matter of finding the right house because that entire area is pretty much all the same. Also check out Vintage Ranch, and maybe Spectrum. I know the Spectrum south of the 202 feeds to Perry High, but the part North of 202 may feed CV.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:36 PM

860 posts, read 2,718,478 times
I think lots of kids who live in Spectrum, which is right across the street from Campo Verde, get a boundary exception. The map shows Germann which the school sits on as being the South border. So diectly across Germann is Chandler, which is kind of wierd. Even if Chandler schools are excellent, it would be better if your kids could walk so close. CV has not greatschools rating because its too new.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I think lots of kids who live in Spectrum, which is right across the street from Campo Verde, get a boundary exception. The map shows Germann which the school sits on as being the South border. So diectly across Germann is Chandler, which is kind of wierd. Even if Chandler schools are excellent, it would be better if your kids could walk so close. CV has not greatschools rating because its too new.
Well, I guess they could walk to Perry too, since its just 1 mile South of Campo Verde. It is kinda weird having a subdivision sandwiched between two high schools. Spectrum is in Gilbert, but in chandler district boundries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area