Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 PM

8 posts, read 20,773 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be relocating to the Phoenix Area soon to go to school in Tempe. I've been looking into apartments, but not sure which is the best place to stay. So far, i like the Residences At Forty Two 25 ( 4225 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85008) since it's not too far from school and it has washer and dryer in the unit, as well as other amenities. Does anyone know if this area is safe to stay? Or is there another apartment near Tempe that's not too expensive that you can recommend? thank you so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,214,330 times
Things get sketchier farther West and South but I suspect you'll be fine there.

Plus if you've got friends flying in they can call your house when their plane lands and you can be at the curb when they come outside.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM

14 posts, read 29,870 times
you will be fine there, its safe to stay there.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,771,463 times
It's on the edge of Little Mexico where everything is in spanish.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,005,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twightlightmoon View Post
Hi,

I will be relocating to the Phoenix Area soon to go to school in Tempe. I've been looking into apartments, but not sure which is the best place to stay. So far, i like the Residences At Forty Two 25 ( 4225 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85008) since it's not too far from school and it has washer and dryer in the unit, as well as other amenities. Does anyone know if this area is safe to stay? Or is there another apartment near Tempe that's not too expensive that you can recommend? thank you so much for your help!
I'm headed to Phoenix myself. There is another complex next door. I've added both locations to my list and will check them out when I get out there after the 4th. I'll post back how the area is and what the places are like after I check 'em out.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,291,680 times
I would never recommend anyone that is going to school in Tempe consider the cheaper apartments in nearby East Phoenix. There's plenty of choices in Tempe, which is a much safer, nicer area that has better shopping and dining options. I had a friend make a mistake when I was at ASU, and he regretted it and ended up breaking the lease to get out of the place he was in.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I would never recommend anyone that is going to school in Tempe consider the cheaper apartments in nearby East Phoenix. There's plenty of choices in Tempe, which is a much safer, nicer area that has better shopping and dining options. I had a friend make a mistake when I was at ASU, and he regretted it and ended up breaking the lease to get out of the place he was in.
Any recommendations based on where you or friends have stayed?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:27 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,291,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Any recommendations based on where you or friends have stayed?
There's lots of good places in Tempe. There's all kinds of newer apartments near campus, some nice apartments a few miles South around the intersections of Baseline and Rural, and some in a nicer area a couple miles South of there at Elliot and Kyrene. There should be plenty of options nearer to campus though, but I finished grad school about 10 years ago, so I'm a little out of the loop and can't give you a specific recommendation. There's also lots of condo rentals that may be a better option. Just stay away from some of the really old complexes and you should be fine.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:03 PM

8 posts, read 20,773 times
Thank you everyone for responding! I will be going to school full time and won't be able to work so i can't afford to stay in nicer area like Scottsdale, the rent would be a lot more expensive.

Bondurant: thanks a lot, please let me know what you find. Could you also give me the names of all the places you check out? thanks!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twightlightmoon View Post
Thank you everyone for responding! I will be going to school full time and won't be able to work so i can't afford to stay in nicer area like Scottsdale, the rent would be a lot more expensive.

Bondurant: thanks a lot, please let me know what you find. Could you also give me the names of all the places you check out? thanks!
Will do. I'll be there around July 8 or 9 and will begin the search and report on what I find. I'll be looking all over: Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area