Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 AM

42 posts, read 80,146 times

Advertisements

i kind rant but that just me (probably a lot of spelling grammar errors) try to get through it all so you get the full idea
so no one gets the wrong idea
ego definition: "ego mediates among the id, the super-ego and the external world. Its task is to find a balance between primitive drives and reality (the Ego devoid of morality at this level) while satisfying the id and super-ego. Its main concern is with the individual's safety and allows some of the id's desires to be expressed, but only when consequences of these actions are marginal. Ego defense mechanisms are often used by the ego when id behavior conflicts with reality and either society's morals, norms, and taboos or the individual's expectations as a result of the internalization of these morals, norms, and their taboos."

Animals have instinct humans have ego. And i dont mean ego as in look at me im a big shot i mean the other definition look it up. there needs to be a balance of how much ego us humans have, and these days we have way to much. The Mayans believed that in our time humans wouldn't obey the rules given to us and wed be punished, (just like the ark and the flooding) ego is a powerful thing and to fully understand is very hard. Look up the Pineal gland, and opening up your third eye its very scary.
Things such as Marijuana, DMT, and meditation take away a lot of your ego. Have you ever actually sat for 2 hours sitting down not thinking, moving just sitting and breathing with your eyes closed? You’d be surprised what happens i promise you that. Opening your third eye (or finding your center/meaning in life) is a awesome and terrible thing. Ive done it many times and i realize what life is really about, a lot of you reading this will think im a wako most likely but thats you ego and theres nothing you can do about it. After doing this i realize what life is and its not great, i don’t wanna go against religions and get flamed, but know this all religions are just theory, opinions, and ideas, on what life is about and what i believe after opening my eye is that there is no purpose, there is no god. to me god is real but only as a symbol for hope not as a real thing, imaging any of your loved ones right now becoming seriously ill and on the verge of dieing what would be the first thing you’d?
i know what id do, id pray id say god why? God help god give me strength. And that’s what god is, hes just and imaginary thing we created in our minds, but that doesn’t mean we dont need him cause most people do. he is there as a symbol to give us strength and hope in our worst of times where we have nothing, he helps alot of people get through the bad times. Things are going to happen and need to happen before humanity evolves and when it does things are going to be completely different. Does free as soon as your born your expected to go to school for the first 20 years of your life just to get a job to pay taxes and give the government money and to keep the economy going. No free is free doing what ever I want. I want to work for my own food work for my own shelter work for my own water, be free. But society’s ego over the thousands of years took a wrong turn somewhere along the line and this is the world that we and our egos created for our selfs. They brainwash us into thinking "safe" is "free" that’s why we dont rebel, look at the tv the radio the newspaper everywhere things to brainwash into thinking we need protection at all times.
Something needs to happen, and for any human to say they want it to happen, is a sin against them self, because of ego, including myself. I think it all comes together i think its more than just civilization I think its everything, if we all had our third eye open all the time there would be nothing wed create nothing there’s a balance of ego you cant have to much can t have to little i just think the world is becoming to have to much, and a world full of ego is a bad world, a fake world. I hate fake people, people that dont be them selfs they just let there egos take over and its sad. at first for me its like being in a cage with the key in the lock but its to hot to touch
That was random i know but thats how i felt, i felt there was nothing i could do besides follow the rules go to school work have a family die when I first opened my eye
but now ic that life is really about The third eye is our second way of looking at the world... People's beliefs are made up of ideas, and opinions based on past experiences. These are the same ideas you may come up with after a good session. “But to believe in what im saying and all these ideas is considered "crazy", But yet when you think about it religion is based on the exact same ideas.(J.F) it showed me what i wanna do, i accept and see what the world is and i don’t like it but im here. im gonna finish school get a job at OPG save money up have a family spoil the living hell out of my kids and love them to death, sit down and relax, get a cottage out east by the mountains relax have a beer meet new interesting people enjoy life. i remember arguing with someone that god didnt exist, he ended up saying to me, even if god doesn't exist, i believe he does cause it makes me feel complete and amazing and you know what you wanna do in ur life, he said ull never understand i member thinking he’s insane until i found my "religion" and what i believe to this day and i believe in it even if it don't exist cause it makes me feel complete as a person. There was a time I would say im a complete person, but I didn’t know what that really meant and I think that most people don’t. Life to me is about life experiences like, love, happiness, friends family, there is nothing else to me. when it comes down to it i think the whole purpose of life should be enjoying it. Look at the 60's and 70's all they did was psychedelic drugs and meditation and it wasn't for what most of you think "getting high" it was to get rid of there ego. Like any hippy would say whats the point of life? Peace Love and Enjoying Life.
opening your third eye is a very real thing and once you do it you may wish you didnt, or your ego will block the idea from being "real" Ive learned that its takes a certain person to understand what im saying, some people would read this and think wow this really blew me away and then theyd research and eventually go through the same thing that I did, which was the most amazing thing that’s ever happened to me and was truly a life changing experience. Ever since my eye opened I feel more mentally matured. The sad thing is this ego controls us its what makes us human, You cant directly show someone what ego is, The only way to know is to lose some of it. A good example is thinking about emotions. Say everyone on the world only was only ever happy all the time no other emotions, just constant happiness all the time. How would you know what happiness is, if you have it all the time? Ego is the same thing, just we do have it all the time. Trying to explain, what ego is to someone who has it all the time is probably one of the most frustrating things ive ever done. But once you do understand itl change your look on life forever

i could go on for ever about all of this, but im going to stop, a typical person full of ego these days would say you sir belong in a medical institution, if thats what your going to post save it im only sharing my personal believes i dont like explaining it cause alot of people feel that way because they dont understand. Your ideas on what i think are welcome negative or positive. Just remember these are my opinions and thats it, id love to hear yours and i will respect them.
some random links talking about what im talking about
Id, ego, and super-ego - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pineal gland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Third Eye - Pineal Gland - Crystalinks
Opening Your Third Eye
The Third Eye (http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/psychics_mediums/the-third-eye-cgoldman.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM

anyone out there?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVicariousX View Post
anyone out there?
you bet! and reading the links! thank you so much and welcome here, friend!

Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM

im seeing pages and pages of conversation on different things about religion yet know one has any opinions on what i have to say? or what they think

Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
May I offer a suggestion? Instead of writing a post that's so long that people have to take a lunch break in order to read all of it I would suggest that you gather your thoughts and try to present your ideas in a clear and abbreviated manner. I've seen a great many OP's that resembled an internet version of War and Peace but no one ever reads them because we're trying to have conversations here as opposed to writing books. Here's my suggestion. Try to summarize your thoughts into clear and understandable sentences that don't cause eye strain to read because they never end. To be honest, I read quite a bit of your OP and I couldn't make any sense out of it at all. It's quite possible that you've got something very intelligent and interesting to say but your writing style which you admit on the first sentence tends to rant is the reason that no one is responding. Give it another shot and try to simplify your posts into more coherent statements and I would be glad to discuss it with you and I'm sure that others would as well.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 PM

Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
XVicariousX, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to come across as a negative response. I'm just being honest and I've been on this forum for a couple of years. Seriously, give it another shot and try to express yourself a little more clearly and I'm sure you'll get some responses.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:33 PM

17 posts, read 61,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVicariousX View Post
im seeing pages and pages of conversation on different things about religion yet know one has any opinions on what i have to say? or what they think
I read your entire post, though it would have been easier if it were written in 'paragraphs'. I agree with your point that ego is concered mostly with the individuals safety. more accurately, 'security'.

I have my own thoughts about ego and the role it plays in both our physical and spiritual lives. Have you ever heard of the 'seven deadly sins'? All of these derive from the "ego". The ego is the house of the seven deadly sins and it was constucted by "fear", which is why it is concerned over security issues. Fear is the deadliest of sins. It is the deceiver of mankind. Here is my full outlook on it if you are interested.

Deceiver Of Mankind

Oh deceiver of mankind
you must think I am a clown.

I spend my life building you up
only you have let me down.

I have learned your secret, your very name
Witness people everywhere playing your game

But they do not know who you are
or your future plans for them.

Oh deceiver of mankind
The beast all men should flee

Your truth lies right before their eyes
Yet still, they cannot see.

I peer into your blood red eyes and see
the seven sins

Your hunger for power and control
fuelled by all of them.

A collective consciousness in you
means death and destruction for all

Man believes he is winning now,
but you know he is going to fall.

And you wait!
If patience is a virtue for you
It is your only one.

Your name holds the very number
The bible says, it is so

666 is indeed man's number
Your name? EGO!

E=5

G=7

O=6

5+7+6=18

18= 6 + 6 + 6

Ego, house of the seven deadly sins
which fuels man's hunger with evil intentions.

It is the goal of the buddhists to eliminate ego. If man eliminates his ego he eliminates the 'beast'. You must remember, God is selfless. There is no place for ego in the Kingdom of God. There is the "Christ", (the selfless, all loving 'child of God'), and there is the "antichrist", (that which is the opposite. That which clouds man's awareness of himself as a child of god and presents an egotistical, selfish, greedy, pride worshipping, gluttoness personality which will destroy him in the end). The Bible calls it the "apocolypse".

Old 03-08-2009, 07:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
If people had no ego sin would have no hold on us.
Without an ego we wouldn't know the difference between us and them or you and me.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,647 times
I just wonder if the ego is what actually keeps us bound to the physical world with all it's trials and tribulations. Perhaps without the ego the physical world would just cease to exist ? I actually think this might be the path we're on although it will take a very long time and happen in very small incremental steps.

I would think critical mass of thought would have an impact on the speed of change however.

Thoughts anyone.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy