Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 04:39 PM

317 posts, read 328,820 times

Advertisements

Why not?

Old 08-19-2014, 04:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Why not?
Maybe bec there is more family on family and white on white crime?
I dunno.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Off topic.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Quote:
Why not?
"Affirmative action culture" perhaps?

Old 08-19-2014, 05:42 PM

I have a guess. White people just move away from blacks, so they don't have to deal with it.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:00 PM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
I can only speak for myself. I've never been the victim of black-on-white crime and don't know anyone who is. So I don't agitate concerning it.

I know a few people who have had crimes committed against them and no doubt some of those criminals happened to be black. But you are, I'm sure, talking about some sort of Problem where blacks are disproportionately victimizing whites. I just don't see that happening. I don't see anything different in values or law abiding tendencies of any black person I've ever known. So for me it's a non-issue.

If I for some reason found myself living in a predominantly black neighborhood which was also low income / high crime I would see any crimes that happened to me as a product of poverty and the cycle of crime, not the predominant racial makeup of the poor people or criminals.

So in summation I guess I don't see the problem in the first place.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I can only speak for myself. I've never been the victim of black-on-white crime and don't know anyone who is. So I don't agitate concerning it.

I know a few people who have had crimes committed against them and no doubt some of those criminals happened to be black. But you are, I'm sure, talking about some sort of Problem where blacks are disproportionately victimizing whites. I just don't see that happening. I don't see anything different in values or law abiding tendencies of any black person I've ever known. So for me it's a non-issue.

If I for some reason found myself living in a predominantly black neighborhood which was also low income / high crime I would see any crimes that happened to me as a product of poverty and the cycle of crime, not the predominant racial makeup of the poor people or criminals.

So in summation I guess I don't see the problem in the first place.
Statistics say that blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population. They also commit an extraordinary amount of crimes against whites.

The media is partially to blame, often times they don't report on the race of the criminal. Also, stories of black on white crime don't usually make it to the main media sources.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:33 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Why not?
Because that sounds like it would lead to the screwing over of black people to benefit white people...which would be a negative.

Why would anyone want to specifically ask the government to focus on black on white crime? Why not just say: here is a crime-ridden area. Make it no longer crime-ridden.

That seems like a much better solution than: Protect me from the negroes!

This says blacks are more likely to be accused of hate crimes than whites...but rather than compare hate crimes of blacks to violent crimes of blacks, then hate crimes of whites to violent crimes of whites...it compares the percentage of blacks that are accused of committing hate crimes to the percentage of whites that are accused of committing hate crimes...so it's difficult to say which race's members are more likely to be accused of a hate crime in the incident of a violent crime.
http://www.wnd.com/2001/03/8380/

But...black people are accused of hate crimes already, and so that could be a defense against black hate of white people that is happening already.

Last edited by Clintone; 08-19-2014 at 11:15 PM..

Old 08-19-2014, 11:42 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Statistics say that blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population. They also commit an extraordinary amount of crimes against whites.

The media is partially to blame, often times they don't report on the race of the criminal. Also, stories of black on white crime don't usually make it to the main media sources.
Flip the channel on your local news station. Racial profiling happens all the time. What country or part of town do you live in?

Mainstream media is completely biased.

You obviously don't know what the word oppression means. You make it sound like racism doesn't exist and that African Americans are glorified in the media when in fact, they have some of the worst portrayals.

When was the last time you heard about some white-collard criminal on the news who made a contract deal and had a whole town of children and civilians nuked because they were committing corporate crime just for oil in exchange for mass human slaughter? Seriously, shut the front door.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:34 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
There's white police officers shooting down white people, continuously, no different than the victim in Ferguson, MO, and where are the black people protesting police violence against white people? Why aren't we protesting the many incidents of both brown-baiting and black-baiting by the police?

When I read of 1 out of 3 black people, in their 20's, being behind bars, now that's certainly worth protesting! As when they get out, the violence will only increase!

Old 08-20-2014, 01:53 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Maybe bec there is more family on family and white on white crime?
I dunno.
[Snip.]

I find this post kinda disturbing. Whether or not black on white crime is a problem is irrelevant here, where I see the problem is that this post suggest that this poster does not have the right to ask this question, and that asking it makes it a racist post. Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted statement has been deleted). There are a great many topics nowadays that are considered "inappropriate" to discuss, or "politically incorrect". Our freedom is being curbed more and more everyday, and not just by the government but by society in general. Fear of losing your job, fear of being a social outcast prevent people from discussing topics that challenge the politically correct view of things. PC is enforced everywhere now, employers enforce it, schools enforce it, colleges enforce it and here on the internet it is also usually enforced. If you say something that the PC crowd does not like you will likely be silenced or punished. Orwell's 1984 did arrive, its just 30 years late.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-20-2014 at 08:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy