Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,318 times

Advertisements

My daughter (European) is going to study in the City of Chester and wants to live in Philadelphia. Can anyone answer me the following questions: how safe is it to travel by car from Chester to Philadelphia twice a day. Which would be a good and safe neighborhood to stay for a young woman in Philadelphia if possible in the center? (no financial restriction).

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 06:36 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,728,350 times
its easy to travel from Chester to Center City, just get on the 95 or in some cases get on 476 to 95...

Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,269,148 times
I assume your daughter will be studying at Widener which is right off of a I-95 exit. The campus is 100 feet from highway -95 so there are no safety precautions as far as crime and I-95 is so backed up with traffic between Philadephia and Chester that its almost impossible to exceed 40 mph so no safety issues there as well.

Chester is no paradise but Widener's campus is actually very nice, secure and small. The security on that campus is overwhelming and noticeable, its probably one of the safest campuses in this entire region.The hoodrats from Chester dont come near Widener, they know better.

If money is no restriction Rittenhouse Square/Soceity Hill is the place to be imo. University City would also be an excellent choice as University of Pennsylvania recruits alot of international students.Tons of college aged people in University City and it might be the most culturally diverse part of the Philadelphia area.

Good luck. Here is a photo of Philadelphia looking at downtown. Rittenhouse is as you approach the skyscrapers. University City would be just to the left out of of the frame.

One last thing if you find the city not to your liking you can look into Swarthmore and Media which are very nice towns(small) near Widener.(10 minutes away)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia