Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 9,679 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend new home builders in the Chadds Ford/Garnet Valley areas. I found a couple of developments by Toll Brothers but it looks like their quality is questionable based on this board.

Any other development recomendations? I don't really want a McMansion but it looks like that is is our only option for a new construction house in the area?

Any recommendations for independent builders that we could build on an individual lot or do a quality renovation in the area?

Range will be $600-$700k (max but less would be desirable ) for a 2500-3000sf home.

A few people have mentioned being careful about smells in the area. What areas should be avoided?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,335,818 times
New homes in garnet valley and chadds ford range from 3500-6000 square feet, yes mcmansions. Toll Brothers, Orleans Homes, Pulte Homes, Bentley Homes, Vaughan and Sautter homes are building a community called Andover in Glenn Mills that is very nice. Bancroft homes is also building a neighborhood in chadds ford. There is also a neighborhood in garnet valley called martins court. Im not sure of the builder but you can find info if you just search martins court garnet valley pa.

A recommendation, both chadds ford and garnet valley have tons of homes that were built in the past 5 years, some on the market, which are cheaper than newer construction and the neighborhoods are slightly more established, and the homes arent quite as large as whats being built now. If your range is in the 600-700k you will have luck finding newer construction in garnet valley more so than chadds ford. Most homes built in chadds ford nowadays go for 800k+.

Addressing the smell, kennett square which isnt that close to garnet valley and a little past chadds ford has a lot of mushroom farms and sometimes in the summer there is a smell of mushrooms in the air. That is just parts of kennett square, you wont be bothered by that living in chadds for or garnet valley. I haven't heard many people complain about the smell in kennett either, so dont stress about it.

Im not quite sure about independent home builders, I cant get back to you on that if youd like. I do know that Murphy Homes usually builds communities with just 2 or 3 homes, and they also do custom, you may want to do some additional research on your own too. Hope that helped a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: